Summer GRB Rd 1: MagNifIsick vs. Skandalz

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Arkon, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkon

Arkon ''Ozone check ya PMs''

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $700 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB Summer 2006 Rules - First Round

- First Round Audios are DUE Wed Night May 24th at 11.59 pm cst. Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Wed Night May 24th at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting for Round 1 will start once all verses are up.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos
    test
  2. IllLiterature

IllLiterature New Member

test
  3. MagNifIsick

MagNifIsick I'll Pimp On Yo Mama

test
  4. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

test
  5. MagNifIsick

test
  6. MagNifIsick

test
  7. Joey Jooks

Joey Jooks UnderDog!

Skandalz is commin kinda hard, flowin alil more comfortable behind the mic than Mag, I think Mag's beat selection was alil too laid back... Mag had a few good quotables hah scared to show a link.. the punches definitly made it close
    but again I think the delivery is lackin compared to skandalz... skandalz rocked it alil harder in this case so Im a have to give it to him... good shit gentlemen
    test
  8. MagNifIsick

uppin for votes
    test
  9. MagNifIsick

test
  10. one der

one der Nor Cal King

This shit is def being slept on. Close lines on both sides. Skandalz had a mean flow and delivery, some nice lines throughout. Mag had a more laid back delivery...At first i thought Skandalz took this, but honestly, im feeling alot of Mag's lines.

Very close...and it's a tough call but im leaning towards Mags

just my two cents.
    peace
    test
  11. JohnnyBoot

JohnnyBoot New Member

this is really close imo..

skandalz has way more aggression and battle type presence...that's the deal breaker in one this close...

vote-skandalz

good show by both.
    test
  12. Huey Fig Newton

Huey Fig Newton Rebel-He-Is

lol @ burt and ernie, lmao @ smell what the rock is cookin.

both beats were wack imo.

tuck they chain in, lmao @ fuck this cat scan, price check....

feelin mags flow and laid back delivery more than skan...both had alot of filler but mag was a lil bit more clear with and smoother with his words so that was the deciding factor in this for me.
    test
  13. BlackJesus

BlackJesus ***************

Skandalz

Flow is on point...I like the mean steeze....sounds like a diss track from a mixtape...polished...I dont really like the beat but you fit on it well...I dont think Ive ever heard someones rhyming voice and speaking voice sound so diffrent...unless that another dude or something...good shit bro...

Magnifisick

Oooh I dont like this beat either...this must be an all time record for people mentioning Jeff in songs...seems like every one Ive heard....the penmenship line threw me...I thought you said pendmenship...like your handwriting...then I read your lyrics and I dont know if you ment pendmanship...or penmenship is a new word you made up saying your nice with the pen....im confused...

VOTE = SKANDALZ

This was a prety even bout...both on point with the words...but Ill give the edge to Skan cause I liked the anger in it...made it feel like it meant something...good battle though...
    test
  14. Verbatim

Verbatim Mr Write

Scandalz...eewww my nigga Elite made this beat, its cool to me, not my style but you sound pretty nice over it, good for a diss joint though....shoulda upped your vocals this joint is pretty nice, good disses, black and mild...mustard gas..LMAO@Rocko Moderns Life...I loved that cartoon....bert and ernie...breath easy but I think you got that covered..haha..

Mag...calm beat....flow is cool..lyrics are...well...blah...I mean if this was a song or mixtape verse or something, rhyme scheme is pretty nice at points....no real stand out lines..oh wait..fuck this cat-scan cause I dont like hospitals anyway....price check line....nice...if you had more lines like that I think you coulda took this

Imma have to go with Scandalz on this one
    test
  15. Wargasms

Wargasms Neva 2 Old 2 Bust Rhymez

skandalz had an extremely agressive style, and you seemed confident with it, but something with your voice and the style didnt sit right with me.....some funny shit being said...but your lyrics dont pop out much in general

i liked Mag's swagger on his track...i enjoyed listening to his verse alot more....his lyrics stood out very well because of his style, but he wasnt really getting at skandalz hard enough, kinda sounded like an extended freestyle...fuck this cat scan...nice lines here in there. the way im fuckin up scan, i might need a price check..there are some tough lines sprinkled in there

i dont knoww...haha i couldnt vote on this one...its a toss up..i would probably go with mag because i enjoyed listening to his audio overall a lil bit more
    test
  16. MagNifIsick

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.