Summer GRB Rd 1: KamikazeLyricist vs. {D. Omen}

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Arkon, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkon

Arkon ''Ozone check ya PMs''

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $700 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB Summer 2006 Rules - First Round

- First Round Audios are DUE Wed Night May 24th at 11.59 pm cst. Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Wed Night May 24th at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting for Round 1 will start once all verses are up.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos
    test
  2. KamikazeLyricist

KamikazeLyricist The Kamikaze Lyricist

test
  3. Huey Fig Newton

Huey Fig Newton Rebel-He-Is

test
  4. Konseetid

Konseetid ask about me

kam... flow is coo on this shyt... lyrics is aight in my vision nah mean... all tha punches that you've said i have heard a bunch of times... delivery line i've heard... straight like sculiouses line i've heard.. but ya audio was solid to b real... delivery is coo... you came to battle mos def... i just felt ya punches coulda been alot betta nah mean... but tha audio was real solid... coo shyt

d omen... intro is funny... nimrod is a clown... almost used this beat for my battle.. now i'm glad i didn't.. . flow is coo on this... i felt that kam edged you on tha flow side and delivery is betta... i feel d omens punches and lines are betta tho... yeah by far... i feel d omen's punches are betta... flow is aight... delivery could b a lil betta... but lyrics wise i felt d was betta

i don't kno to b real.... both came betta then tha otha in different aspects nah mean... i still feel a battle is bout what you say more then how you say it... as long as how you say it appeals to people and thats wha ti feel d omen edged on... so my vote goes to domen... i think this was very close tho as an all around battle... i think d pulled it out lyrically tho...

good shyt from both...

i'll make official when votin link is up
    test
  5. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

test
  6. Stash

Stash R.I.P Point Game

D Omen

flow gets kinda boring to the end, delivery also gets annoyin, u dont have any WOW lines, alot of filles, u can do alot better omen, u upped alot tho, i love the beat and intro was dope as shit, big up from last year

Kami, i liked ur shit, style was different, flow and delivery are also kool but ehh...it got boring then u switched beats

very nice battle

Vote KamikazeLyricist
    test
  7. Worthiest Words

Worthiest Words New Member

youve improved D omen, much more relaxed, but it sounds like your rushing your flow and delivery a bit
    test
  8. KamikazeLyricist

uppin this ....................
    test
  9. Charlie_Br0wn

Charlie_Br0wn (Creative Alias Here)

LoL...

Nice battle.

Kamikaze: Shit was nice...flow was on point and I was feeling the personals overall. Nothing really stood out for me though...I don't wanna call the punches 'mediocre' because they weren't but they also weren't amazing. Delivery was coo too...had a nice battle vibe.

D.Omen: Lyrically this track was nice but I wasn't feel your flow at all...you were trying to play it off too quick and smooth but it was like you were ignoring the beat. Maybe if you had spit this acapella...but having a beat like this HURT you in this case. Although the lyrics on this were really nice...not a lot of personals...atleast none that were memorable. Decent shit.

Overall...i'm leaning towards Kamikaze on this one on the fact that his track sounded a little more professional than yours in regards to flow and delivery. Also he had more personals.

I don't know if I can vote though...but if I can...my vote goes to Kamikaze.

Goodluck to whoever wins this and moves on to second round.
    test
  10. one der

one der Nor Cal King

Kam - signed in commons video. howard stern's Beetlejuice...that guys nuts. Pulling cards like maverick...Overall, you had some nice lines...flow was on point and energy was hype. Beat was dope...nice joint.

D Omen - lol @ both of you exposing each others weakest lines...you swagger jackin. Counter fit like custom made stoves...full body cast...eye's so lazy it should come with a couch hahaha. damn. Nice energy...flow was pretty good.

Close joint here. My gut feeling is Kamikaze took this. Funny how you both quotes lines from each other...anyhow. That's my vote. Close battle...gL to both.

peace
    test
  11. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

That mocking bird line was sick ahaha

kam upped himself... no lines are great or stick out but your flow beats domens

domen got it with lyrics.. i cant vote btw...

good looks on both of you
    test
  12. KamikazeLyricist

thanx for the feedback everybody , uppin for more voting ..........
    test
  13. KamikazeLyricist

uppin.....ððð
    test
  14. iLLy

iLLy will fuck you up.

kamikaze - lol @ the terrorist mermaid...this was decent man, from the last i've heard from you, you've stepped up. lyrics are aight tho, kinda played. flow is cool.

D-omen - lol, this was probably ur best battle veres. flow is more polished, but still not at its best. lyrics was ur strong point. LOL at the jnyce line.

Vote - D.Omen Lyrics > Flow in battle...so i gotta give it to Omen...but this was a close one.
    test
  15. KamikazeLyricist

lol ................
    test
  16. Reflexx

Reflexx [insert cool thing here]

kamikaze - havent heard you since the last tourney, but damn you polished yourself up quite a bit. lol @ the flippin of the mermaid line ahaha. some decent lines here and there..but nothin too jaw-droppin in my eyes. flow was nice, beat was pretty good.. hmm i dunno i just dont tihnk the lines were hitting enough. regardless, it was a good drop.

d omen - lol @ the intro, kinda long but eh it gets to the point. beats pretty cool, it was weird for me..not really my style but y'know. flow was on point throughout most of the track, but it did seemed like you were rushin a tad bit.. hmm who knows, but i gotta say the biggest change you made since the last time i heard you was.. you AINT YELLING. big diffference. moving on.. the lines were dope and hard hitting, some could've been used to establish a more direct effect but yknow. quite a few quotables here and there, good drop..

overall this was a neck to neck battle like'a few ive already peeped.. it was hard as fuck decidin the winner but, imma give it to D Omen due to the fact he came with a more battle-type approach. meaning his lines hit harder, while kami came with a more polished up style..he just lacked what d omen came with. good battle though..

vote - d omen
    test
  17. KamikazeLyricist

uppin for more votes lol@ reflexx
    test
  18. JohnnyBoot

JohnnyBoot New Member

kamikaze-right off the bat....the "delivery/digiorno" line has been used more times than brittney spears' pinkeye...good flow and delivery...your lines just dont agree wit me i guess...

d omen-vast improvement....i liked this more...lines were way stronger....

im goin wit D...
    test
  19. Hibernation

Hibernation Well-Known Member

Same BUT I FUCKING VOTED FOR THE WRONG PERSON BECAUSE MY PSP DOESNT HAVE COOKIES
    test
  20. BlackJesus

BlackJesus ***************

KamikazeLyricist

Writing as I listen...Digornio lines are a little played...flow is solid...nice shit so far...Im a Howard Stern fan....so Beetle line is funny...the only drawback here is the pause in the middle where you clown his lines kinda killed the moment...but all and all not bad.

D. Omen

So you both dissin each other's shit...whats up with all the kitchen furnishings? clownin his chain made me laugh...cause i thought the same shit when I saw it...This was a really good drop...the only real thing to say bad about this is ...and its kind of a pet peeve of mine nothing major...I hate it when people diss someone for something and then turn around and do it. Like you said something about him going to myspace...then you posted his picture...kind of seemed like a punk move...but I havent battled on the net for a long time...so maybe its commom place now...?

VOTE = D.OMEN

This was the closest battle Ive seen so far...Im giving the edge to D.Omen because I think his hit a little more personal. This was a toss-up for me...but ties are for business men...pz
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.