Suggestions

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Mind~$oul, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

We already got the Poem Of The Month up and running, even though we're lacking in votes.

If anybody has any ideas in regards to helping out the the Realm and Poet Tree, please drop them.
    test
  2. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

we're behind on a lot of shit. What is to happen with the contest I was in?
    test
  3. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

^I thought we were waiting on more votes or something. That's UFO's project though.
    I have my ideas still pending. I'm trying to continue on with my previous one.
    test
  4. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

No, that's done. We already determined the winner, but then *poof* nothing. [dunno]
    test
  5. RealMS

OH so you ARE the winner. [kat] I couldn't make out who won with all the clatter so I just didn't read it all lol. It was kinda obvious though. Dang, congrats man.

Well, I guess you're gonna have to hit him up to find out what's gonna be done.

PEACE
    test
  6. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

I got you NisLaniF

but suggestions on how to help would be nice

I'm fresh out of ideas....the Slam really wore me out
    test
  7. RealMS

^What happened to your poet haiku?
    test
  8. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

that was dope. the haiku ish...
    test
  9. RealMS

I was thinking about this but I'm not sure

How about some of the poets from the realm get together and choose a different poet at random

However many poets get together, that would be the number of questions each to be asked to whomever's picked.

Sort of like the Spotlight but branching out, and it would be more interactive I guess.
    test
  10. dlbiininja

dlbiininja The Hip Hop Poet.

hey realms check out what i put up at that other site and what they have over at urban which i also posted a link to. in the umm what you do when you write poetry thead.
    also what about an events listing for your area for poets in different states spots that have open mics, and upcoming events also try to see about getting ahold of things like submissions for like def poetry jam and other things like that hell. i know i want to get on to that hell.
    i know two people personally who have done that well 3 actually shang the comedian, a chick named peace and also morris stegosaurus.
    test
  11. RealMS

^why thank you.
    test
  12. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I'm blank on ideas for the time being but I am trying to think up some.
    test
  13. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

I Suggest everyone join the PTL
    test
  14. misspimp

misspimp a.k.a KATURAH

i really liked the poets spot light....
    what i think you should do is email a copy of the ?s to all the poets who post their emal adress and when they send it back filled out....just randomly select a poet out of the ones u recieve and post it....

also i think that a mod should choose one poem a month or even one poetry topic a month where all the poets can have a open discussion/debate

and i also liked the haiku.....

and i also liked the write to this picture

and i also liked when one person would start a poem off and the other poets could add on to it...

mad love
    test
  15. Philly_215

Philly_215 The Silent Poet

I know i late as hell BUT WHAT THE FUCK HAPPEN TO THE POET TREE BATTLES ?

battle me anyone i loved that shit i felt like that gave life to the Realm well for those that actually did it
    test
  16. HILARIONSOUL

HILARIONSOUL "one of the roughs,"

A haiku is the fire
    red rose temps the finger tips might
    Scattered thoughts Blossom

Yeah the Haiku is the truth. You all write to pictures?
    Tight! I like to write to that...

A!
    How aboout a Haiku picture write.
    Just a thought...
    test
  17. HILARIONSOUL

HILARIONSOUL "one of the roughs,"

Acrostic Poetry CHALLENGE.. just a thought.

Double Acrostic Poetry is an Idea..

"Summers’ gifts of sensational feelings,
    Heaping happiness in poets’ path
    Awarding praises for poetic data
    Doses of episodes, where lived
    Original thoughts; orgasmic tempo
    Weavers of words; morning’s dew

Prosing spewing from every lip
    Operetta unions, written in solo
    Energy of many, sharing love
    Tears touching every heart
    Rivalry forgotten, visions clear
    You and I spreading peace and joy"
    Copyright © 2001 wrote by Amias
    test
  18. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Learning vocabulary is an ongoing process and is an exercise that should go on throughout ones life. Having good vocabulary is important in sharpening a person’s self-expression. People can only relate in this world for the most part, can only relate to each other in two ways; verbally and physical. So having a solid vocabulary could be beneficial to you in everyday life.

Starting at age of 4, most people on average knew under 6,000 words. By college our vocabulary should have grown to a little over 120,000 words. This means each year, going back to the age of 4 a person is capable of learning 3,000 to almost 7,000 new words a year. Simply put, the more you learn, the bigger your vocabulary gets.
    There are many ways to help build a stronger vocabulary. Reading is possibly the easiest way to go about doing so. It’s almost the only way you will come across words you haven’t heard or don’t know the definition to. The thought of reading may scare a lot of people away, but reading things that you have a interest in whether it be in sports, fashion, or just out of curiosity can be very useful in not just building vocabulary but learning other things you probably haven’t came across. It’s kind of like killing two birds with a single stone. Reading shouldn’t be limited to just class assignments.

Also, you can try learning 3-5 words a day and try to use them whenever you’re conversing with somebody. Starting carrying a small dictionary/thesaurus with you and whenever you have an opportunity, open the book at random and find a new word to learn.

Learning vocabulary can be most important to you once you enter college. You will have a lot of reading assignments, essays, reports, etc. It will be almost impossible to remember any information that is given to you if you hardly know any of the words and if you can’t remember any of the stuff how can you possibly understand the material that’s given to you?

So with everything said, learning vocabulary is important in helping improve your education and learning capacity, which can be a major factor in how far you succeed in life.
    test
  19. RealMS

I see some ideas have come to use.
    test
  20. dlbiininja

dlbiininja The Hip Hop Poet.

hmm, this has really fallen off hasn't it?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.