Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

Give us some suggestions, ideas, or feedback on how we can improve for the upcoming season.
    test
  2. FórmÅl LôGíc

FórmÅl LôGíc Black Listed

You know mine. PM the details of when we are starting back up and when you create a sign in thread so that I can get my ball rolling.
    test
  3. Tacky Jones

for sure. still aint heard from jeff. guess he skimmed the thread where i asked to get you modded and if we could do it.
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

What are yours?
    test
  5. Tacky Jones

the twitter/facebook idea
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

test
  7. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Let me in.
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I say we halve the number of weeks.
    test
  9. Tacky Jones

yeah. im finally ready to admit that 52 weeks is too much
    test
  10. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Yea....It only when you're in for the entire time do u realize that 52 weeks is too much
    test
  11. Tacky Jones

pff, what would you know about that?

;)
    test
  12. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

just guessing tbh
    test
  13. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

make the champ match meaningful. Don't have it every week but have it once a month. Writers should have a good run at it. Current champ will have the belt for at least one month while all the other contenders rise up and earn a spot. Just a thought.
    test
  14. FórmÅl LôGíc

Or we could just do it like the BCS. Haha.

But in all seriousness you could set up a schedule of some sort and each week one competitor faces another no matter their "rank" or win and losses are. Then at the end of each month you can rank each writer by their wins and losses as compared to the win and losses of the people theyve beaten.
    test
  15. Tacky Jones

this seems like itd be really difficult considering the amount of no shows we get though.
    test
  16. FórmÅl LôGíc

Not necessarily. Actually would make it easier. Just have to keep track of no show wins. Those wins would bring the person down and not have them in a champ match because they won a bunch of no shows.
    test
  17. Coup d'état

This suggestion is for when a healthy league is currently going on,

One of the biggest problems is new comers signing in and never showing. This happens at a rate of 80% <

This just screws with rankings and champ runs. In the RBL I went straight to the heavy weight champ match at 5-0. All my wins were from no shows by my opponent. I was the worst puncher in the league. lul fml I got slaughtered and wasted the real champs time, though not by my fault. It was a sick league.

So, have some type of screening ladder for the new kids. If they show, then they enter the ranked pool with the other competitors. Think about how to set that up, it's easy with a lot of options of execution.

Just a thought.
    test
  18. Coup d'état

For a sick league,with low attendance and a lot of turn over,

Wins only get added to your overall win/loss record when a battle is successful against a showing opponent. Win against a no show, and nothing is added-nothing gained.

We all get the no show wins. Some might get more no showed opponents than others, but it should even out over the course of the season on average.
    You would be allowed to use same verse until it is showed on, making as many improvements as possible.

Winning percentage should be a stronger statistic than raw win/loss standings with this system. A numbered amount of battles could be required before calculating a rank or ladder position (to make sure rankings are true reflections.)

Overall, the champs will reflect the best and not give false pretenses to writers. Without the ambiguity of last years ranking system, future votes will be more honest and allow for bigger gains in writing. Because it will reflect the true league more clearly, under more accurate exposure.

Most writer rankings were inflated by the no show win to some degree, so as a result mismatched champ battles occurred. As a result nobody gave respect to the belt.

A poor verse in a champ match will never get exposed and given honest feed back. It's in a champ match, right. It must be good, right ? No.

This may seem complex but it's not.

-no noshow wins count
    -winning percentage counts
    -# of battles before ranked
    -noshowed verse reused

What are your thoughts ?
    test
  19. Vizzionarial

Vizzionarial Switch Blade

i have a suggestion: a sign up thread! so i can sign up and topple the ranks again
    test
  20. Scrolls-Oracle of Omen

Scrolls-Oracle of Omen *DBS*--*A.B.C*

lol, what up tac, shad, ill skillz.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.