Subwoofer humming problem....

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by MC_Critikal, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MC_Critikal

MC_Critikal New Member

I have a problem with my 12" Clarion Sub (its getting a bit old). I have a 300 watt Phoenix Gold amp, but here is my problem: my sub makes a "humming" noise that is relative to how much I engage the gas pedal (for example, the humming will becoming a higher pitch the more I push on the gas).

What the fuck is my problem, and how do I fix it? I believe everything is grounded properly.
    test
  2. Kon$piracy

Kon$piracy ```````````

when you hit the gas the alternater spin faster and make more electricity flow go through ya whole whip and since its AC (alternatin current) the sound waves get distorted and cause the hummin sound. ya amp is probly broke 'cause iss supposed to convert AC current to DC current (direct). all you got to do is get a new amp. g'luck pimp
    test
  3. MC_Critikal

MC_Critikal New Member

fuck, thats not good news.....thanks anyways though
    test
  4. ThE SiCkNeSs

ThE SiCkNeSs fuck you

Best bet, check over all connections to ground between battery and chassis, as well as all non-factory components. Maybe some paint is still under the ground? Maybe the ground is loose? Maybe the ground isn't large enough (a little extra never hurt)? Perhaps try a different grounding point? Lots of ways to shoot this one, but it definitely sounds like alt whine, which is usually a problem with grounds. Might also try muting the amp or just pulling a cable at a time and seeing if the noise goes away. If it does, then it's the cable. If not, then it's probably the ground. Hope it helps.
    test
  5. MC_Critikal

MC_Critikal New Member

test
  6. trifle

trifle New Member

LMAooo wow....uhmm...no....

listen to killarney...get your hands on a multimeter, measure a few ground spots in your car, you should have numbers come up pretty closely....you may find spots with lower or higher voltage...go for one that shows you a voltage consistant with most other spots....

but yeah, sounds like ground or alt noise to me...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.