Styles Wars DVD (2 Disc)

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by EmceeGoddess, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

Just bought this shit, and man I love this movie. Seen it before, and it was good then too. Also, the disc features music from Ace Rock, RJD2 and El P. Pretty cool, also. If you haven't seen Style Wars you should go and buy this movie. It's better then 8 Mile anyday!
    test
  2. React360

React360 I Eat Breffis.

Style Wars is a straight classics, one of my favorite Hip Hop Videos. I would definatly cop the DVD even if you already have the VHS. Dope interviews with the writers....
    test
  3. EmceeGoddess

Yea, Cap is such a dildo though, that guy makes me wanna kill somebody. That little white kid was hella funny when hes like "..Cap and his Lucille Ball hairdo". Hahah.. Seen is hella dope too, Dondi and Zephyr are some of my favs. Tats Cru are a dope crew too.
    test
  4. React360

React360 I Eat Breffis.

I thought cap was dope. He was like one of the first major bombers people didnt realize that. I also thought his throwie was dope. Whatever tho, Skeme is my fav, the interview with him and his mom now is hallarious....
    test
  5. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

Ayo, what exactly is on this flick? I've never seen it, but what is in the shit? Performances, battles, interviews, what?

Excuse my ignorance of the movie, btw.
    test
  6. PASTOR DROID

PASTOR DROID New Member

the interviews of them in the present is the shit...
    All I got tah say is Mare is dope and Blade is the man(ol' skoole)
    ...Skeme and his moms still don't see eye to eye!!!
    test
  7. CrookedChild

CrookedChild 360 degrees of Knowledge.

i have it on VHS.....recorded straight from t.v.

and CAP is ill as fuck.
    test
  8. EmceeGoddess

Cap is a homo for going over peoples pieces. And the movie is mainly focused on the war against Train Bombing in NY by the mayor Ed Koch. He was the guy on the old peoples court. It also has some clips of Crazy Legs and the Rock Steady Crew battling The Dynamic Rockers. Great movie. Go buy it 'Pass.
    test
  9. React360

React360 I Eat Breffis.

Your a queer for not knowing that, that is what graffiti is about. Graffiti is about wreckin shit, real homos just paint legal wall. (your not really a queer dont worry...)
    test
  10. EmceeGoddess

You have got to be kidding. That isn't what graff is about. You don't wait til somebody does a dope piece and just go over it with a throwup or just start spraying over it. That's not showing any respect for other artists.
    test
  11. STRATUS

STRATUS my 9 mm goes BANG!!!!!!!

I sort of agree with both point of views in this situation. But look at it like emcee battling. Its about making the other guy look stupid by making what he spit look wack in comparison. No one ever bitches about respecting an artist when hes gettin dissed on heavily by some rhyming beast. You can apply the same concepts to graff, kid does a dope piece, well I'll do a doper piece right over his shit. I just make that connection between emcee battling and this particular aspect of graff writing. And I'm well aware more effort and time goes into a piece than a 30 second battle freestyle but I was jus trying to make some comparisons here. Think a little, ya know.

But yeah this dvd is so dope, one of the favs, especially with all the insane interviews on the second disc
    test
  12. React360

React360 I Eat Breffis.

Ok I wasn't saying that is what its ALL about but it is a very big factor. Just bombing in general, of course some people will have respect for some of the writers, but like 90% are toys so it doesnt matter. I am not a writer myself but I hang out with like 20 so whatever pace
    test
  13. EmceeGoddess

I totally disagree Stratus. When you're MC Battling, what is the object of the battle? To make the person look stupid. When they start spitting, you dont hold the mic right up to your mouth and go ARRRRGGHHHH when they're tryin to spit do you? After the battle, you dont go "...YOU FUCKING FAGGOT" and hit them do ya? Same with graff, you show respect. Sure, in due time someone will go over your piece. But to deliberately destroy someone elses hard work just to get attenion, thats weak as hell.

And I've yet to watch the interviews, I will when I get back from school today.
    test
  14. React360

React360 I Eat Breffis.

Well some people deserve to be written over if there toy enough. Which is almost anyone. Too many New Jacks in the Graff game.
    test
  15. EmceeGoddess

Seem didn't.
    test
  16. STRATUS

some peeps (like cap) are just straight hard. On the mic its like that too every now and then as well. Cats do all sorta stuff to ridicule their opponent while battling, it may not be yelling into the mic but complete respect is not always there with some. Its similar in graff cause not every one is bombin all kinds. I think both type exist in battling and graff....kids that are just a little too cocky and arragont and maybe even a tad disrespectful but still dope as hell at what they do. Cause even though cap is going over something that might be cool you know his shit is dope too. And even though such and such emcee is being kind of a cock during this round you still love em anyways when he hits those punches and multis with the sickness. Rant rant rant. I'm actually just arguing for the hell of it to bring up new points of view. I actually agree with your point of view quite a bit goddess, but also find my little thang to have a little truth to it so I dunno. whateva
    test
  17. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

Very interesting debate going on between Stratus, Nimrod's Dad, and React.
    test
  18. EmceeGoddess

I don't think he knew I was Nims Dad, thats why he was agreeing with me.

But Strat, it's way different. Cap was pissed because all he could do is those throw ups when they were bombing, which took hours. His took 20 seconds. That's weak shit. But Cap is cool. The interviews with the kids in 2002 on the other disc were so amazing. Great DVD. Worth the money any day.
    test
  19. STRATUS

I knew it was you homey, from the thread where you made confessions about vinnie paz or something like that. I was just trying to bring back the civility.
    test
  20. EmceeGoddess

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.