stupid smark comment of the week

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Cane, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cane

Cane Guest

exactly. watch some shoot interviews by guys with nothing to lose, THEN you'll see some truth. not some wwe vincified publication with the usual mcmahon fingerprints all over it.
    test
  2. RhYMerAT0R

RhYMerAT0R New Member

RFVideo.com has shoot interviews with all wreslters, indy or WWE, and they never said they hated there jobs. So its not just an image WWE is putting on guys.
    test
  3. Cane

Cane Guest

oh fucking horse shit

you know why he said this? because he knows more than likely nobody here has seen all of them, so he's got free reign to make up any bullshit he wants.

and dude, when they're saying they have to turn to drugs and/or alcohol from the pain of their profession, i think disliking their job goes without saying.
    test
  4. RhYMerAT0R

RhYMerAT0R New Member

Once again, your point can not be taking into consideration because a few people have done drugs and are, but the majority are not.

If you have not seen them, oh well, its the truth. They're not expensive and are pretty entertaining, see for yourself.
    test
  5. Cane

Cane Guest

read this again. there's no reply to this. there's just no rebuttal. none. ain't happenin.
    test
  6. RhYMerAT0R

RhYMerAT0R New Member

I did respond. Maybe name specific drugs if you don't think I don't know what your getting at, cause now you confused me.
    test
  7. Mabus

Mabus Don't Try

I by no means am agreeing with much of what Craka is saying. But I have seen most of the RF Video shoot series and for the most part all the wrestlers seemed very happy with their job. New Jack for one didn't, and a lot of them had a lot of bad things to say about the "business" of professional wrestling. But when they talk about famous matches they've had you can almost always sense passion in their voices. Now RF took a liking to interviewing almost only ECW wrestlers, but ECW by no means had better locker room politics then WWE (especially since Paul Heyman owed almost every wrestler at least $5000 when ECW went bankrupt.) I don't know if anyone here knows who "Don E. Allen" is, but he was a jobber for just about every federation in the late 80s early 90s and I used to talk to him frequently (he traded tapes with me.) And I can tell you, that's the bottom of the bucket, he didn't get paid some nights, he was a laughing stock, but whenever I speak with him he has nothing but positive things to say about his expereinces. I by no means am saying all the wrestlers enjoy it, some you can see it in their eyes that they've lost that passion, and also those who look at it as strickly business can't possibly like it much (because then it's just another job.) But yeah I wouldn't agree with the 99% thing, but I'd say it's not 0% either, prolly somewhere around 50/50.
    test
  8. RhYMerAT0R

RhYMerAT0R New Member

There ya go, someone who has seen RF Video shoots, so that argument is closed.
    test
  9. Cane

Cane Guest

^lmao did you even read more than 4 of his words you desperate little bastard?
    of course they had bad things to say about the business. did they outrightly say them all? no, just like they won't directly admit to resorting to drugs, which most of them do.

that is, until the autopsy comes in. i think andre the giant was the last, and only, wrestler i can remember who died after wrestling and wasn't linked to drugs somehow. literally, i'm not kidding. the only one. it's a common sense thing you won't find by looking for spoken proof.
    test
  10. RhYMerAT0R

RhYMerAT0R New Member

OK buddy, despite someone seeing some of these shoot interviews and telling you most of them have bad things to say about parts of the business (which is not surprising because its a hard business) for the most part they enjoy their jobs, you still rant on.

And drugs come up in a lot of shit. Rappers do the same drugs excluding steroids, do they hate their jobs?

Please, lets just have a fucking debate cause your so annoying. How about on the disappointment of the Lottery for most fans? Huh? A different topic? Whatever i dont care lets just do this.
    test
  11. Cane

Cane Guest

is it really what he said? or is it what you wanted him to say? and just because they didn't say it, doesn't mean it's not happening. but with you, like so many other people, you'll use anything you can to convince and justify something to yourself.

rick rude never spoke about his drug problem. davey boy smith said negative things about the business but his battles with drugs only came to light after the autopsy. if you lived a life of shit as a wrestler and had no future by the age of 40, and did pain killers, coke, etc., how comfortable would you be saying it? think about it, it's alot harder to say than badmouthing a business that has made your, and any other people's lives, shit.

without turning this into some stupid argument on music artists, rappers are fucking idiot tools. period. don't even continue this fucking disgrace of an argument, please. this was pathetic.

how about something positive for once in here?
    test
  12. Macabre

Macabre Guest

Actually, yes lol.

But just like wrestling, it's not their actual job that they hate, it's the bullshit that goes with it.

Most of what Mabus posted I agree with, I think independant wrestlers don't hate their jobs as badly as WWE wrestlers (for a ton of reasons, and I don't feel like thinking of ALL of them). Some reasons independant workers wouldn't hate their jobs as badly as WWE wrestlers are:

1) Independant wrestlers might still have hope for the future, and the wrestlers in the WWE realize once you get there you might do a ton of work for little to no recognition. I think it's safe to say politics are PROBABLY worse in big companies like WWE.

2) Independant wrestlers usually work in one or two promotions that do almost no traveling, while WWE goes every fucking place on Earth day after day. Not only are WWE workers away from their families more, but they also have to be on a really tight schedule (workout, leave, drive, workout, leave, drive)

3) Wrestling fans in indy shows are much more genuine, and there's a lot more interaction. This helps remind the wrestlers of themselves as kids, even if the pay isn't that great (which can go back to number 1 too). I believe this could've been the case with ECW too.

There are a few exception of course. I'm sure some independant wrestlers hate their jobs, and I'm sure there's a WWE wrestler or two that doesn't hate their job. I've never heard Cena complain, and of course, I've never heard Triple H complain.
    test
  13. RhYMerAT0R

RhYMerAT0R New Member

I know theres a few Macabre like you said, but Cane is putting it into context that they all hate their jobs, and thats bullshit.

And Cane, drugs are a poor mans excuse to make things easier. I know SOME of the wrestlers that have done/do drugs hate the business, but mostly there just trying to take some stress off, its not like ''Oh I hate my job let me shoot up woe is me'', but those people are fucking idiots get addicted and die, and then I don't give a shit.

I don't even need to respond to that first paragraph you wrote, cause its not what I wanted him to say, but its what YOU wanted him to say.
    test
  14. Cane

Cane Guest

dude not all, but most, and if they don't now, they will once the high wears off and reality sets in.

well don't tell it to me, tell it to them

oh c'mon, not you're just pulling a trax
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.