Studio Set Up Help! PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Xkwizit, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xkwizit

Xkwizit Member

Ok, so I have an M-Audio Mobile Pre, dbx 266XL compressor, and an M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface. Also, I am using Nuendo 2 to record. I cant seem to get them all to work together. I have my mic going into the mobile pre, the mobile pre to the compressor via 1/4 inch cable, and the compressor to the fast track via XLR. I can get my regular sound from my computer to play through the fast track, but i dont think the mic is properly channeling through each and i cant get it to record in nuendo. Any help would be appreciated!
    test
  2. patrown

patrown student for life

"fixed it in system prefs / other /m-audio by making sure that all the possible input selections were selected. for some reason this setting seems to reset itself sometimes and my microphone stops working completely. "

from
    NT1-A Mic not working with Fast Track pro - Page 2

another person said

"How are you connecting the mic to the Fast Track Pro? is the cable XLR at both ends? You will not get power to the microphone if your cable has a 1/4" connection on the Fast Track Pro end. "

good luck. hate set ups.
    test
  3. Xkwizit

Xkwizit Member

Thanks fam, but i can get my mic to work with either single interface, i cant get it to work with the compressor and both interfaces. I hate set ups too -_-
    test
  4. kingorap

kingorap New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.