Strikeforce.. upsets, thoughts, comments?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by jayoo, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

so you honestly believe mousasi is the number two fighter in the world?

god youre retarded and delusional

and for the record, sherdog is probly the best mma site there is, most mma fighters themselves use sherdog over any other site
    test
  2. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

I was bitch, I didn't bet much. I don't usually have much luck. I bet on Aoki and Mo, too. Next time I'll have more balls about it.

The USA Today / SB Nation rankings are very similar too - Mousasi was 7th on them.
    test
  3. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

the commentators for this sucked lol

towards the end of the main event fight the dude was like "the cesar gracie camp has three title holders. melendez at welterweight, diaz at middleweight, and shields too if he wins"

then before the fight when frank shamrock was reading the tale of the tape he was like "shields is 31 years of age while my boy henderson is 37 years old!" when right in front of his face it said 39
    test
  4. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

hendo is too old to cut that much weight i think...he clearly gassed after rnd 1....he was beating the shit out of shields and stuffing his takedowns plus reversing him every time rnd 1, then after he gassed couldn't do anything for long
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i tend to use sarcasm to make my point but seriously, the commercial breaks were way more frequent than ANY other show thats on normally on any given night, plus they were 8-10 minute breaks atleast which is several minutes longer than normal commercial breaks. I realize that is how they were able to show it for free for us, but if thats what it takes then i dont wanna watch. That was 3 hours for 3 fights that went 5 rounds to decision. BORING. I know the network or strikeforce cant control how the fights go, but regardless it made a really painfull show to watch.
    test
  6. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

Frank is a double edged sword.

Dude can be insightful as fuck as to what's going on but he has a way of backing his buddies and/or promoting himself.

Mauro is my fav of all time but clearly gets behind whoever the company wants him behind.
    test
  7. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i picked king mo over mousasi, where did i say i personally thought he was #2?

your fuckin ignorant lol
    test
  8. jayoo

i thought he said that to but someone told me he was talking about himself being 37 and said hendo is 2 years older then him.. i personally didnt hear it or go back and see that part again but if franks 37 chances are thats what he said.. regardless hes an ignorant commentator lol

but the breaks between fight rounds were as long as the rounds... 1minute, because we came back right at the start of the next, i dont get where your pulling 8-10min from? like i said, between fights it extended, especially toward the final fight its like they bunched all their commercials into that 1 break, but between rounds was no more than 1min.. it was live and we didnt miss any rounds

as far as mousasi rank, i dont really care, i never said "I" considered him #2 just that last i looked i remember him being up there. i dont care what rankings you use, where you go, point is i predicted right about him losing, i dont need to know if hes #2 or #7 it wont change my thought of him and who i think he can/cant beat. its all opinion anyways, all were arguing over is what person/people we think is better set with mma knowledge to make an official ranking and at the end of the day i never agree with any list 100% anyways, half the fighters on it havent even fought each other.. to put one above another is all speculation.

fact is, your holding onto this argument for dear life, no idea why lol but mousasi was getting praised as a god on here just a month ago
    test
  9. Tha Cunnysmythe

To me the worst part was after Shields got smashed by the Hendo right and recovered. Frank disdainfully says "That chin Jake Shields keeps talking about is nonexistent, he got hit once with that right and went down".

He shut the fuck up after Mauro or Gus said "In future you should say what you really feel."
    test
  10. jayoo

haha i was dyin when frank made the nonexistant chin comment, he really cant stand shields
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

you have to agree almost 3 hours to show 3 fights is rediculous. Seriously, how could you think that is cool? Theres no way that with your average night of tv's commercial breaks that it would have gone near 3 hours.

everyone i talk to says it was painfull to watch with the crazy commercials, you might have seen it on a different network? cuz everyone i know was calling bullshit and really had a hard time watching the whole thing...

i know people who left or just quit watchin
    test
  12. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

commercials didn't stand out to me as much as they did with vera vs jones on versus. I was seriously about to turn off a major mma event for the first time ever.
    test
  13. jayoo

no idea.. threw on CBS, watched through the fights and nobody i was with complained until the commercial break before the final fight when it literally stretched on over 10 minutes. i cant vividly remember right now but i feel like if that happened regularly throughout the night we woulda complained more. i think maybe you just needa find other things to do inbetween? lol.. i grabbed a drink, food, rolled a blunt, whatever.. all i know is commercials weren't an issue for us until right before that hendo fight, that was the longest break of the night

i feel like i remember the versus show being annoying, and we complained more.. maybe i didnt have blunts to roll and food to eat tho
    test
  14. mellance

mellance New Member

test
  15. Tha Cunnysmythe

I was ok with the commercials, because I knew exactly when they would be and when I could go to do other stuff.

With Vera-Jones they came at odd times and pissed me off more.
    test
  16. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

still 2 hours and 45 minutes for 3 fights is rediculous...the last free one before this was stupid too...

i guess im saying im not a fan of the free strikeforce events lol
    test
  17. jayoo

to each his own, i see where your comin from but gotta expect the commercials in bunchs because they have to cut them so short between fight rounds

25 minute fights, 3 of them.. thats 1 hour & 15 minutes..

15 short commercial breaks, all between rounds, total of 15 minutes

3 long commercial breaks (approx. 15min each), between fights, 45 minutes..

entrance/intros probably took around 10-15 minutes.

so yeah.. your left with about 30 minutes of time that i didnt account for, clearly went to commercials because sometimes they would go to a break, come back for 3min then go back to another break (these were inbetween fights, they'd break, show an entrance/intro/highlight then break once more).. so inbetween fights id say was more 20min then 15min every time.. so not counting highlights and interviews thats about 3hrs.. the interviews and shit would take up the last 15min

i guess there was a lot, it really just didnt bother me or hit me until the last fight
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.