Strikeforce Streams?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Jack Shitt, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haatley

haatley Well-Known Member

better wrestling pedigree? josh koshcheck, jon fitch, jake shields, chael sonnen to name a few.

cardio wise, fitch has proven to be just as good in that department, if not better as him and gsp cannot finish fights and go the distance every time.
    test
  2. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

i'm not talking about a better pedigree, gsp didn't do any amateur wrestling. i'm talking about better wrestling in mma and he already proved he could outwrestled koscheck and fitch

and fitch is even less of a finisher than gsp. the top of that weight class is tough
    test
  3. BossMayne

BossMayne Based Member

since some people cant read

"As for the Sonnen fight, lets consider all the factors. Silva went into that fight with a rib injury, and after round 1 his ribs were broken. On top of that, Sonnen was on steriods. Soo let me get this straight, a steriod filled wrestler, got submited to anderson silva, who had a broken rib? Lmao, imagine a 100% healthy Silva vs Sonnen without steriods.... And the broken rib isnt even an excuse, silva still won the fight........

silva couldnt even breathe throughout the fight with his broken ribs but still submited sonnen, and sonnen was on steriods. lmfao, what more of an advantage do you need to win the fight?"

was matt sera on steriods? lol nah, he just knocked the shit out of GSP. Anderson never been knocked out in his career or TKO'd. If Anderson can beat the shit out of people who are 35 pounds heavier than GSP, then im sure he can TKO gsp
    test
  4. haatley

haatley Well-Known Member

when did he prove he can outwrestle koscheck?
    he was 4 of 9 in takedowns in the most recent fight against koshchck and koscheck stood back up pretty quick.
    test
  5. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

the bruised rib (and the one that chael cracked) would definitely hurt his takedown defense, but watch his first round against henderson. any great wrestler can control him on the ground as anderson doesn't have great sweeps or escapes. if henderson didn't change his gameplan to throwing haymakers in the 2nd round he probably would have done a lot better

as for chael's PED's, he informed the commission beforehand of whatever testosterone supplement he was taking and they let him fight, but then suspended him. it's a retarded situation and the commission cut his suspension in half because of it. anderson and gsp have both definitely fought dudes who were on steroids before (and may have taken them themselves). it's really common but most guys are just smart enough to keep from getting caught
    test
  6. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

and he stuffed all but 1 of koscheck's takedowns

i'm done arguing about silva/gsp, it's all hypothetical until gsp beats shields and we finally get to see the fight
    test
  7. BossMayne

BossMayne Based Member

i agree with the hendo fight, however silva still won via submission. 1 round of take downs doesnt define a champion

as for the chael incident, he lied. chael never informed anyone about the PEDs he was taking, infact, Keith Kizer, who Chael name dropped, said hes never spoken to chael in his entire life..

link:
    Chael Sonnen lied about Keith Kizer yet again - Cageside Seats

anyways GSP is going to beat Shields by laying on him for 5 rounds, so when that happens and Anderson/GSP get set up, we can finally see who really is the better fighter really is
    test
  8. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

he lied about keith kizer saying it was ok, if that was true the suspension would have been revoked entirely

but he really did tell them that he was taking test before the fight, and they didn't stop him from fighting:

[​IMG]
    test
  9. BossMayne

BossMayne Based Member

the fact that there is the form of approval and him still getting suspended at all shows the situation is some shady shit on both sides. even though he was using it, Silva still won. No matter how bad the fight was for silva. If there was a rematch I would imagine Silva being 100% healthy with no rib injury and Sonnen wouldnt be on PEDs. If Sonnen couldnt win before there is no way he would even come close to winning a fair fight

and as I said before, were going to have to wait for the actual GSP/Silva fight to go down. GSP better win that Shields fight
    test
  10. Stock

Stock New Member

wait.. what exactly is this?

im a noob
    test
  11. Polystyrene Man

Polystyrene Man New Member

it's a paternity test
    test
  12. Stock

Stock New Member

is he the father?
    test
  13. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

a form the fighters fill out when they give a piss sample the day before the fight

he was pregnant
    test
  14. Polystyrene Man

Polystyrene Man New Member

no he checked "i decline"
    test
  15. Stock

Stock New Member

What an asshole, they let him fight anderson after declining his child?
    test
  16. Austin Rivers

Austin Rivers New Member

fedor has the most mma fights in history

choppa ur a fuckin moron who sucks dick for breakfast
    test
  17. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

hahaahah wtf no he doesn't
    test
  18. bobbylight

bobbylight Well-Known Member

wrestling pedigree doesn't mean shit. You don't have to be a genius to see the fitch fight and know who the better wrestler is...you could make an argument that kos is a better wrestling but in terms of mma I don't think so.
    test
  19. bobbylight

bobbylight Well-Known Member

Anderson has been submitted by japanese cans with horrible records...he lost to the great 9-13-1 takase and the p4p great ryo chonan with a record of 18-12. Being able to beat people that are heavier than gsp doesn't mean that you can beat gsp. That is absolutely horrible logic. If that logic held up minowaman would be able to DESTROY anderson because minowaman has beaten guys that weigh almost twice as much as anderson. So I guess you think that is true, right?
    test
  20. BossMayne

BossMayne Based Member

thoes fights werent 7 years ago though, right? im sure anderson is the same fighter and hasnt changed at all

And no thats not what I said at all. Anderson is the p4p king and is able to dominate in 2 seperate divisions without taking 1 loss in the ufc. GSP took 2 losses in his division and still wont move up to middleweight. Anderson had to move up a few times just because he was so bored destroying people at 185. Anderson also never been TKOed or KOed in his MMA career. lmfao @ minowaman, dude got like 30+ losses? Solid comparison, I think we can really compare the 2.....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.