Strikeforce "Heavy Artillery" Discussion Thread..

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by NOBLE SOLDIER, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mellance

mellance New Member

Thats just the purses, Arlovski got payed 1,5 million for his affliction fight against Fedor

They also get a % of the PPV buys and other stuff, which is why BJ.Penn doesnt want to feature on cards in the UK.
    test
  2. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

lol thats what i was thinking, rogers was timid as fuck, backing away and was on defense mode from the moment the fight started

either way, overeem would of won regardless imo

fedor would beat overeem

cant wait til that fight happens

fedor vs overeem > fedor vs brock/carwin
    test
  3. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

thats affliction.. they're also out of business now, were talking ufc..

there's no way in this world that randy made $250,000 for the fight and 2.25mil from ppv buys.. nobodies contract in the ufc is even close to that good im not sure where you get your info but id love a link
    test
  4. mellance

mellance New Member

Bits and pieces here and there, one thing is for sure that the big PPV selling names makes ALOT more for each fight then what gets reported by the commision, GSP for instance has stated that even if he stopped fighting tomorrow he'd be financially independent for the rest of his life.

Money is nowhere near what boxers get per fight, but its high enough that they can easily maintain a wealthy lifestyle.
    test
  5. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

they aren't making 2.25mil off a ppv, plain and simple.. if you can prove it, ill take it back

ill ask jon jones next time i talk to him, he trains and talks with gsp at jacksons camp all the time, little personal question but im sure he'd have an idea without openly asking him what he makes off ppv buys. i dont doubt they make money off the buys (the top names) but they aren't making millions off ppv buys.. i doubt they make more then their base pay $250,000-$400,000.. id put anything on that.

edit: yeah gsp can sit comfortable.. hes been a top fighter for awhile now, he probably hasn't made less then $100,000-$200,000 in a few years now, doesn't mean hes making millions off ppv, give me a few years of that pay id be living good the rest my life to, all it takes is the right investments once you have the money
    test
  6. mellance

mellance New Member

please do, would be great to hear from someone with insight, no need for precise numbers either, just ballpark figures will be fine.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.