stretch marks vs gradual growth

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by worDwell, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worDwell

worDwell New Member

Stretch marks are unsightly!

Any ideas on prevention and repair?

My friend told me that if you train with gradual increases in weight over a longer period of time, you won't get stretch marks.

It makes sense, since the muscle grows at a slower rate, giving the tissue around it a chance to accomodate.

But I'd like to find a happy median. You should build muscle for strength, not just size.

So I'm thinking of doing weight training for a month - then doing calesthenics for a couple weeks (pull ups, dips, push ups, etc.. ) - and then going back to weights.

Would this be sufficient time to a) grow the muscle b) develop the muscle deeply and c) expand the area gradually to decrease chances of stretching and tearing?

Throw in better eating habits and some running and I think I have a plan.
    test
  2. *NativeTongue*

*NativeTongue* New Member

i heard cocoa butter helps
    test
  3. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

rub vitamin e oil or lotion on it...coconut oil or baby oil daily... to prevent stretch marks.

if you gain alot of weight in a shrt time you get stretch marks i had stretch marks on my ass a coule years back but they went away...dont know how but they did.
    test
  4. doubl3

doubl3 aka AyHay

*dead* ..funny shit ...i had stretch marks on my shoulders a few years back, they gone now tho, whoot! ..
    test
  5. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

never had this problem.
    test
  6. *NativeTongue*

*NativeTongue* New Member

yeah man the cooca butter does work

i rub it on my shoulders and arms every morning and a stretch mark i had right below my shoulder has disappeared
    test
  7. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

ya but the problem with it when i used cocoa butter and cocunut oil and all those vitamin e oils and baby oils is I got mad pimples on my ass and shoulders....

I think its best to just use a minimum amount and always use it fresh out the shower never put oil on dirty skin....just like some cats are dirty using stick deodorant after working out all sweaty with out taking a shower...that will make you smell like a girl who has a stank puss and sprayed perfume to cover it up.
    test
  8. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

that vitamin e shit is for scars..

it's oil based i believe, and thats probably why it causes pimples.
    test
  9. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

Well it worked on my stretch marks but The downside was the zits.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.