strengths/weakness

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Feme Sole, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

what are your strengths as a writer?
    weakness?

im good with mets and wordplay but i need to work on imagery a lot......
    test
  2. allnakey

allnakey Sex is no fun by yourself

im good with imagery and i mostly all of my pieces stay on topic, but i lack raw emotion, and wordplay.

I like to try and write a lot of simple pieces, i feel they help to bring a lot of my raw emotions . I don't worry about imagery on them i just write how i feel and it seems to work alright.
    test
  3. Vulkan'XL

Vulkan'XL New Member

I think I do well with everything, the one thing that I would say is my weakness is line transition, getting from one point to another can be odd when you word things oddly...Other than that I like to think I'm pretty much on my game, not to sound conceited or full of myself...
    test
  4. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

good with wordplay and imagery

weak on met, and writing abstract pieces
    test
  5. Prophet Unknown

Prophet Unknown Sittin' Curbside

im good with emotions but i seek to be more descriptive!
    test
  6. stony

stony ladies sit on grampas lap

im great on raw emotion, flow and vocab. my imagery paints vivid pictures, and people understand my thoughts after reading my shit. but i do need to work on better metaphors and expanding my variety of styles. im great at expressin my dark times, but have some trouble expressin the good...
    test
  7. augee.ali

augee.ali Lively Up Yourself...

My "strengths" would probably be writing abstract rants, and delivering what I'm thinking about at the time. My "weaknesses"...impressing people...showcasing my shit.
    test
  8. Dark_Angel

Dark_Angel Dark_Angel

um most probably my strengths are emotion and imagery and my weakness's would be...variations in topic, i tend to write similar stuff
    test
  9. 49th Prophet

49th Prophet Dark Magic Inferno

I have a hell of a time trying to write shit that doesnt rhyme..lol..oops

but you see what I mean? I think alot of it has to do from my freestyling aspect of my rapping, I do it all the time so I guess its habit, but still its annoying.

Strengths?...honestly Im not sure, I never really looked at my work as strong in any way, I just write...98% of the stuff I write is keystyled.
    test
  10. FukkedUPKidR

FukkedUPKidR Guest

I have no idea what my strengths and weaknesses are..absolutely no idea. That seems a little strange now that I think about it.
    test
  11. 49th Prophet

49th Prophet Dark Magic Inferno

^^^I dont think its too strange, I know how you feel. Im almost the same way, I couldnt point out any strengths in my work...oh well.
    test
  12. *Princess*

*Princess* skantless bitch

im good at venting.....! :) i would love to do all that imagry stuff and word play and metaphors and stuff like that....
    test
  13. Craccer_Jacc

Craccer_Jacc SudAnillyst

i have no idea

i'm weak at lots of things but i write from the heart
    test
  14. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

i personally believe that i am excellent with imagery and emotion...metaphors and similies and shit like that are my weaknesses, but i find that it doesn't effect me too much as my style is more straight up anyways.
    test
  15. DaJackle

DaJackle ThoughtS ProcessinG

my *strength* wpuld probably be using imagery and expressing emotions, im pretty good at expressing the bad and the good emotions....depends on the mood, however....wordplays, i don't quite understand...i was introduced to word plays and i started writing slam pieces, but it's still vague cause no one ever explained it to me with clarity....other than that, IM ok at everything else
    test
  16. DaJackle

DaJackle ThoughtS ProcessinG

oh, and if anyone can explain and show me how to construct word plays, that would help so much :)
    test
  17. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

I feel like the Prophet on this one, because when it comes to rhymes, I have a ton. I dont mean to be rhyming all the time, but I cant help it, lol. I talk like that sometimes too, lol, and it gets annoying. And, I cant really write keystyle unless I am a bit emotional because my mind is like a Super Computer, and if you dont believe that, try me, lol. Umm...As far as strengths and weakness are, this applies to everyone, our own strengths merely cripple our weaknesses just as our weakness cripples our strength, so they are dependent on one another, no definite spot there...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.