Street Racing

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Truthful Spits, Dec 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

It is street legal. Only time it isn't is when I run at the track. I don't have my cat on then. Still everything else is fine, haven't ever been pulled and being around some of the most anal fucking cops in the country, I seem to be doing fine by not drawing attention to myself.

No the car has roll bars, 5 point saftey harness and what not. I have seen one of my cars flip on the track doing about 108mph... no problems. Car was gone but the guy was fine. Also, let me correct, it is not fully stripped.

Anyway to answer how i raped a vette and a viper easy. Fine, I didn't rape them, but beat them pretty easy. As i said the guy in the viper can't drive. And NEITHER ONE of the these cars run 10's stock man. The best time ever for a stock Z06 is 11.7. Don't know who told you 10 man. A SC c5 doesn't even run 10s. But anyway they both are 11 sec cars if driven like a pro. setup in track form. Street form 12 sec cars with a good driver.

You guys need to stop mag racing. There are not many ppl who can drive vipers correctly, or Z06's. Beat the Viper by atleast 4 car lengths. He does the quarter in 12.8 from what the guy told me.
    The Z06 i beat by about 2 car lengths. That was from a roll, which most of my races are as well. Cause it is hard to get traction to a car that breaks its tires free all the way into 3rd gear.

Sooo to answer the rest.. car is now at about 345fwhp

And the car weights in at about 2580 w/me in it.
    test
  2. Tigre

Oh yeah, and it doesnt matter cause that car will be sold by the end of the month.
    Merry Xmas to Jerry T. of Charlotte NC. He will be the proud owner of the car.
    test
  3. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

wow ur car is kinda heavy

my barbers car is about 2100 pounds (the civic hatch) and 220 HP... not bad, cheap car.. but does a 14.0...

oh yeah, the vette im speaking of is an anneversary edition, it was like 10.2 or 10.6 or somethin... stock...
    test
  4. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

U Got Any Pics Of The Car Tigre
    test
  5. TdotOG

TdotOG Deeez Sluts

The driver matters as much as anything, like Tigre was saying.
    That video he posted of the Viper and the Neon should make that pretty obvious, even if it's a little more of an extreme example.
    test
  6. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

^ wtf

if ur a decent driver, u should be able to kill a neon with a viper.. unless its the new 2003 R/t in which case u can be beaten if ur sub par and the neon driver is excellent... but honestly 9 trillion out of 9 trillion and 1 times the viper wins
    test
  7. TdotOG

TdotOG Deeez Sluts

It was the new srt4, and the video was posted on here.
    test
  8. Tigre

First like i said yeah my car is not completey stripped. I still can remove about 200lbs from my car if i wanted a full on drag strip car.

Anyway, TDot is completely right.

Do you race, I am not being a dick or anything...but do you race. Do you know all the factors that goes in while racing.

Like for example the video...
    did you see the 60ft pulled off by a fwd neon...That is a great launch. The viper got a decent launch. It is capable of 1.6 60fts easy with the right tires and driver.

THe SRT4 neon is probably going to be the best FWD drag/street car to be out for a while. I mean I have seen my friends stage 1 SRT4 annihalate a new EVO.

I use to eat Vipers when I had my Supra TT... i didnt hear ppl complaining about it when I beat them. Even still they are capable of running 11s stock...and I was running 11.5-8 at the track.

But again, I know I can lose to Vipers and Z06's, just the thing is I have never lost to a viper. If I meet a person who is capable of driving one, then it should be a damn close race with him beating me out...IF, we race from a dig. Cause a Roll, I am pretty confident in holding my own against many cars. Yet, I consider myself to know my car inside and out, and because of that, I am usually able to beat many ppl i come across.
    test
  9. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

i'm getting into it... so far i smoked a 240sx horribly, but i also raced a spyder gt and camaro with an audio 100s, won all 3 races.

but no, i haven't raced much
    test
  10. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

^ beat the 240 with my 3000
    test
  11. trifle

trifle New Member

you better have haha...

i've seen pics of the gti...he's posted them up here...if anyone does doubt, and it's still up there for awhile before the guy from NC gets it...i'd be willing to check it out if we could arrange that, i'll take pics myself....
    test
  12. DeMEOn*

DeMEOn* none

tigre.....

what do you remove to get that extra 200lbs

and what is already removed and how much weight did that take from the car
    test
  13. Tigre

All that is actually "gone" from my car is pretty much the back seats. Minus the spare and what not. I still have the carpeting, lining, glove box, panels, power steering belt that is done at the track, light weight BBs wheels, and until my car is done to bare metal, i will call it stripped. Which means that will be about 2380 i am guessing if i felt like making it a true drag car. But i don't.

And yeah hurry cause the car will be gone by Monday, thus the reason I am here in Raleigh NC as we speak. Big Audi/VW bunch down here. A friend of mine is a member of a local car club...and then hello mystery car number...6. Last car i am getting for a fucking while. Shit if anyone can tell you about my cars it is my cousin. He is around NOVA all the time. He is about to either get a 350z or a SRT4.

But for me No more drag racing, maybe just some more performance, but not alot. Thinking of leasing a SRT4 and beating the absolute SHIT out of that car. But as it holds out, G35 might be the car i will get or a 350z. All depends on my finances and where i want to be in the next 5 years.
    test
  14. trifle

trifle New Member

ahhh monday...damn...you people are just gonna have to take his word for it haha

my vote: forget the next 5 years they're gonna happen either way probably, get the g35 haha
    test
  15. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

^ my boys cousin got a g35... car is amazing, but he drives like shit. it takes a lot of mistakes to stall a car with 270 HP... otherwise, it's straight

quick q, i always thought that 4wd cars are faster, but the gst is faster than the gsx, and a turbo car is usually faster than the turbo all wheel version...

whats the dilly w/ that?
    test
  16. trifle

trifle New Member

^^^ you will have more drivetrain loss with AWD....

if you go from light to light basically, the AWD will win, due to a much better launch, while with the FWD eclipse you're going to have more wheelspin, or just generally a slower start from a weak launch to avoid wheelspin....

the FWD will be a bit faster going from a roll, it's just putting the power to a single axle...less restrictions, etc

there's a pretty good thread on this i think in the FAQ's on dsmtalk....

i'd still rather have the AWD....i'd race more from a stop than just rolling down the highway....
    test
  17. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

what's dsm talk?
    test
  18. Tigre

'
    LMAO.... look at trifle... he is a DSM junkie :)

But all he said is mos definitely true.

The best thing about GSX that i love over the GST is that I can drift that bitch in the rain... yeah stupid, but fun stupid.

No serioulsy I love the launch i get from the GSX.
    test
  19. trifle

trifle New Member

haha i'm a dsm newbie...trying to learn though... :)
    test
  20. trifle

trifle New Member

take out the space and add the .com and you got it
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.