Street heat (verses only): Deth to bar nigga

Discussion in 'Emcee Battle Area' started by DethStryque, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

No doubt man that is something that I have more than a little experience in.I'll eep your freewrite cypher right now,and I'm peepin the RSTL too.We need to revive the Rapmusic Battle League,man.
    test
  2. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

Vote= Dethstrike

Many of you might not know the name I'm about to drop, but I think DETH is ILL POPPY str8 up, I don't think there is many other throwback cats that can write verses like that, idk maybe im wrong but damn the way those verse are put together was way reminiscent of ILL POPPYs shit from way back, with that said

great battle one of the best battle in recent years, one for the amount of bars ya'll spit and two the quality of the verses, bar nigga you my fam you know that but you are a cypher cat and that was what held you back in this battle, this set up punchline format that is usually used here on this board was used as much or as well as DETH did it, while it might have taken BAR NIGGA 5 or 6 bars to get a a nice one liner or personal, DETH had punchline after punchline for the most part, while some of his lines weren't completely direct towards his opponent i.e. some bragging lines they were intelligent lines that strung many multi syllables together which made for an amazing and breath taking read,

BAR NIGGA had street like verses like I said before the first verse made me think New York State of Mind on some nas shit just grimy shit, second verse was similar and the third was more of an attacking/ battle verse, while bar nigga had the flow and some punches here and there was a lack of consistency as far as punchlines which in my opinion if they hit hard enough will out weigh overall feel of a verse

DETH had two long ass verses with a lot of characters( overall letters) and bar had three verses, Deth had some crazy ass bars all throughout, bar had a cool flow with a couple memorable lines sprinkled here and there but overall DETH had way too much material and too many punches.....great battle props to both and props to bringing a classic battle back to the battle board

VOTE= DETHSTRYQE
    test
  3. Bar nigga

Bar nigga 314 STL Ancient of daze..

thats whats up raz, i understand what u mean...the way text battling is set up i'm not used to that i'm used to being real visual..storytellin raps.. so when someone calls me out i just go in as if i was standin on the corner in a cypher battlin niggaz...i think if i actually took the time to study it i'd be straight, but thats the thing. i dont be up on it that tough like most of ya'll do. when i say i freetype i really do...just spit whatever comes to mind. half the time on my iphone rappin on here

i respect deth's craft though, like i said the nigga got some bars....

good battle. and its all good, whatever we can do to get this place back jumpin i'm with it.

hell the cypher threads we made got like 20,000 + views...thats all that matters...keep the viewers pleased. i know its a ton of people that lurk this website reading shit.

2-1 deth
    test
  4. DethStryque

Terrific vote and very astute breakdown,and ILL POPPY...nah,I actually BATTLED THAT DUDE but it was YEARS AGO.Assuming this was the same guy? He's got bars.His style wasn't initially so similar to mine,he had more of a Canibus shine to him at the time I battled him,but he added a more "punch heavy" flava to his bars after I beat him in our battle.I owe him a rematch...I narrowly won 5-3 in our battle.Again...assuming that we're talking about the same guy.People bite screen names; I have a half dozen or so imposters biting my name and tryin to take credit for my work.Lol.

Yeah when I read Bar's first verse? I got not-quite-but-in-the-ballmark flava of Nas,Beanie and a few others in his bars.This dude can spit a story for real.I have rhymes like that,but Bar seems to SPECIALIZE in it.That area's not my specialty.I owe him a STREET LIFE battle in his area of expertise,where we battle by droppin street stories (mine will be true,but they don't have to be true or your personal tale,they just have to reflect street reality to be a street story) because he came and got at me in the area I'm known for: BATTLING.

My greatest strength is probably STORY TELLING,though...I mean,prose stories and I can reel off some cold street stories too.Regardless of whether I win this battle or not,I owe Bar a battle in his STREET LIFE style on the strength.If he wants it? He's got it.
    test
  5. DethStryque

3-1,Deth.This is a hella good voting breakdown by all parties involved,and hopefully we can build on this momentum in the Text Battle thing.I'm gonna go vote on other battles in this Forum.
    test
  6. Bar nigga

just peep the freewrite thread, you can drop something in there. and i dont care about "street story" battlin, just spit what u know. thats all i do, u can go thru the pages of that thread and every story u read on there is real talk. i dont make up stories everything i done or seen is put into a rhyme, all i do is report my scene...nothin more. if someone reads it, cool. if not, cool... i post so i can come back and read my shit i dropped sorta like a rap diary...i like reading rhymes i wrote on here years back just to see what i was goin thru at the time. back in '03 we were really doin this rap shit, but unfortunately street life can catch up with u quicker than the rap shit...so i fell back, invested dough in real estate and stocks...so i'm sitting right right now. this text rappin shit is a silent hobby of mine...doesn't take up hardly anytime and plus its cool to read everyone elses stories/ raps
    test
  7. Bar nigga

but deth u talkin a good one i wanna read a storytellin rap from u, matterfact...yo "homie" gen the god already dropped in the cypher thread...go ahead and follow suit..
    test
  8. DethStryque

Aight freewrite thread it is...but if I settle into my STREET LIFE MODE,man I write many bars.I try to put the reader in the spot I'm in so their heart beats fast when mine does,their emotions echo mine,they smell what I smell,they see feel and empathize with me.So it'll be at least as long as my drops in our battle.Is that okay or is that too many bars?
    test
  9. Bar nigga

2 many bars? LOL just wait till u scroll thru the pages...u'll see we encourage that. its a "get it off ya chest" type of thread...whatever u feelin let it out

no bar limit.
    test
  10. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

to my recollection, only one person beat ILL POPPY that was MaC you telling me your him?
    test
  11. DethStryque

Nope I'm DethStryque the Invincible aka SUPREME THE ILLEST IMMORTAL ILLUMINATI aka SUPREME THE I:3.I didn' battle ILL POPPY on this site.I battled him while cruising from my previous home sites of Emcee-Battle (now defunct) and illbattle (almost defunct). It wasn't this site that we battled on,it was one of those no-name boards that faded away about 4 years ago.
    test
  12. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Ok so I checked G Force's IP, he is not Deth.
    test
  13. DethStryque

Vindicated as I knew I would be by word from on high.Sooo...J O O K...any chance we can get you to vote?
    test
  14. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

I don't even know where to start tbh, but if I get a chance in the next couple days I will drop a detailed vote
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  15. DethStryque

Start with the first round,man.That's on the first page,lol.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.