Street FIghter 4 You Bitch Ass NIgga

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Sodium, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sodium

Sodium I Get Computers Putin'

test
  2. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

test
  3. vinyl academics

i wanted an updated third strike basically
    test
  4. Sodium

Um

the game is in 2d
    test
  5. vinyl academics

it's 2.5d

2d gameplay on a 3d plane........but that's how ex3 was as well...and just no
    test
  6. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

test
  7. Sodium

how can you compare the game engine of EX to what is possible today>? how do you sound. off 1 in-game screenshot you automatically know how the gameplay will be? EX had its own game style completely different from other SF games. This is why it failed.

If $F4 stays true to the original game engines of previous SF games then

fall back
    test
  8. Sodium

[youtube]t9SsEjckMGM[/youtube]
    test
  9. vinyl academics

because the ONE instance we have of SF tryin to do 2d gameplay on a 3d plane was asscheeks? EX3 was TERRIBLE........i LOVE 2d fighters.....still buy them to this day(kof11 last week.....NGBC next week).........don't get me wrong....i love the way the game looks based off of the 3 screenshots of seen.....but goddammit i HATE 2.5d fighters
    test
  10. Sodium

i agree w/ you in the sense taht i also wanted to have an updated sf3. a next gen 2d fighter w/ real anime quality sprites i.e. extremely cartoon-like fluid movements and no pixels.

as i see it though; if they can make the 3d work in the same way then i have no problems w/ that. may even turn out better than an updated version of sf3 when all is said and done.

When Ex came out the technology wasn't available to have the gameplay run as smooth/tight as a pure 2d fighter. I think you're being negative to assume that it can't be done today considering that game developers have higher budgets and are working w/ much more advanced technology.

you're just being negative.
    test
  11. vinyl academics

this is true.....however i was hopin for some holdovers from SF3 as well....yun...yang.....especially Q and ibuki and hugo.....only 3 i've heard about(well 4.....) are dhalsim, chun li, ken and ryu.......i just dunno what to expect anymore

but i just want SF3:3s quality game mechanics with sprites that look as good, if not better than guilty gear accent cores
    test
  12. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I was correct. I called that shit to the T. Dam it feels good to be a speculating gangsta.
    This game looks awesome and I'm willing to bet the gameplay is gonna be unfuckablewith.
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

graphics look dope.....

EX was on the playstation 1.......back when 3d was an infant

as long as they make the gameplay good, game will be sick......

they may not even have a 3d plane in the game for all we know.....just using polygons instead of sprites
    test
  14. vinyl academics

oursin.......ex was ps2

there's NO 3d plane....tht's what i said.......it's 3d graphics with 2d gameplay.....no 3d mechanics..........but to abandon sprites is just =/
    test
  15. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

sprites are harder to do cause it's all hand aninmation and will never really look as fluid in a videogame as it would in an actual animation.

3d cell shaded real well can do the same effect to a better extent

it's all really a visual asethtic dosn't really affect this games gameplay at all,
    test
  16. vinyl academics

its a preference i suppose but when i think of SF i think of beautiful sprites hah
    test
  17. Sodium

Actually sprite based fighters have always been smoother/tighter than 3d fighters. The way our brain works its easier for 2d animations (think flipbooks) to blend or merge together the images. 3d images require more to frames to smoothly transition between frames. Thus resulting in slower game play.

I think a very anime cartoon sprite based looking 2d fighter would have been good and maybe someday some game developers will try to attempt this. We havent seen any in game footage of how smooth/tight SF4 will be. It could either be a complete disaster or revolutionary.

We just got to wait and $ee/
    test
  18. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

the 3d will work here....cause its still 2d gameplay.......the power is there for us to do 3d animated characters and still retain the fluidity of the 2d fighters......since theres no 3d field......if there WAS 3d gameplay then i would understand the games mechanics being sacrificed.....but this way imo...is the right way
    test
  19. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

That screen shot looks like ass.

looks almost the same as it did back on supernintendo lol.
    test
  20. vinyl academics

strictly 2d.......that's the right way
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.