street fighter 4 announced!!!!

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by vinyl academics, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

saying it sucked is nothing more than your bias opinion. It's clear you spite everything western for no reason. Hit detection was terrible? That doesn't even make sense. Plus who is asking for street fighter 4 to incorporate the killer instinct hit detection? NOT ME. I'm only suggesting the 2d/3d.

Let me show you killer instinct it sounds to me like you never played it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEEN05sY5-A&mode=related&search=killer instinct ultra combo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqOvGehWzVc&mode=related&search= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtkjibLtgYY&mode=related&search=

You must of sucked something awful at this game.

Why not? You couldn't side-step in Killer instinct. it was all illusion.

You want a basic tradational feel. I can respect that. I'm not talking about changing animation.
    I love the look of street fighter. I clearly said the animation can stay as the street fighter 4 trailer.
    I'm only suggesting a 2d/3d perceptive. I'm Thinking their gonna go with a hybrid 2d/3d japan animation street fighter 4.
    test
  2. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

......i own KI gold......it still sucks......how do i hate everything western? theres tons of great western games but in my opinion western fighters and rpgs suck

who said anything about side steppin in ki? not me

and yes hit detection boxes in ki were terrible and unbalanced

mortal kombat sucks too
    test
  3. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

It doesn't suck. You saying it does doesn't make it so. I just showed you there is nothing wrong with the hit direction your making no sense. You're either blind or have poor eye coordination. ok well you hate all western fighting games for no reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYSKVKGwWEA&mode=related&search=

Let me try to demonstrate what I am talking about here without the red herring of killer instinct sucking because you simplely aren't understanding what I envision.

Notice that video I posted... I'm talking about something like that only with a stationary screen and without the side-steping like in killer instinct. However it will play like a street fighter game. That is what I am talking about. If you still don't understand you never will.
    test
  4. Cane

Cane New Member

i don't think KI sucks, i just don't think it's nearly as deep as we remember. the combos were kinda gimmicky and the core of the game itself wasn't really as smooth and pure a fighting experience as street fighter
    test
  5. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

KI only had 2 games. Street fighter has had 3 games plus spin offs.
    KI at the arcade is far superior combo wise and grapahically than the KI gold on nintendo 64 it really was 20 years ahead of it's time.

Noone is saying KI is better than street fighter either. We are talking about the NEW dimensional perspective of STREET FIGHTER. That other part where he thinks KI sucks is just a red herring anti-western bias opinion of fighting games to avoid what I brought up the new dimensional perspective.

And even you agree KI didn't suck.
    test
  6. Cane

Cane New Member

no it didn't suck but i do think it's overrated in the traditional sense of how we always remember things as beign better than they were esp when we were young and more naive. it's partly why mk got so big and was more popular than street fighter for a time.

than we grew up, and either stopped or became purists (for another topic altogether) and realized, man, mk was as deep as the kiddie end of the pool and street fighter was an ocean. ki was kinda, ehh...a regular old public pool. not shallow, but not really that deep and balanced.
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

This is a totally different discussion now just so you know.

That's one way of looking at. However, KI wasn't overrated even as a kid.
    Back then that game completely blew minds and changed the fighting system for the better. MK got big because it competed with capcom's fighting game offering something street fighter never had, fatalities. All MK had going for it was falities. If anything KI was deep like a lake. Street fighter was deep like a ocean. and MK was deep like a pond. Street fighter and KI brought amazing combos to the table not to mention KI also had fatalities. However, I'd still give it to street fighter over all for the obvious game play reasons.

The original KI, MK, and street fighter don't hold up today standards like when we were little. There still all three nostolgically good games just nothing like where Marvel vs. Capcom 2 took it in terms of gameplay. If anything Mortal kombat was overrated by us kids back then.
    test
  8. Cane

Cane New Member

there's still a ssf2 turbo division at the annual evo tournament. not only do i still play sometimes but i own a real champion edition arcade cabinet. i think the first street fighter 2 was just a bit slow but all others after that still hold up. todays games are clearly better but they're still good.

ki i just stopped playing as i played alpha and other games more. the combos were too easy to pull off and felt gimmicky. like they were so easy to do they instantly became regular moves almost. like as easily as i'd chuck a fireball at my opponent, i could take cinder and pop off a 20 hitter. which takes the scarcity out of it so it's not as special when it happens. combos were cool in street fighter because they weren't easy. as a kid i had to sit there and master some of them, for a long time to really get them down naturally.
    test
  9. vinyl academics

the hit detection boxes are too big

who said i didn't understand?

it's a stupid idea.....especially postin that naruto video where it's 3d with a static 2d background........2.5d.....3d fighters on a 2d plane....no thanks menaz....no thanks
    test
  10. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

wtf...3d fighting games shit up and down on 2d.......Tekken and Soul Calibre are the top teir fighting games of all time.......street fighter is up there cause it's a classic, but that old jump kick sweep, hadoken tactic works all the damn time.....gameplay is TIRED......and that was 10 years ago.....

3d games require skill, timing, reversals, combo's.....ect ect.....
    test
  11. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I always found street fighter combos easier than KI at the arcade. especially with ryu and ken. If KI was given the ability to evolve it would be up there with the new street-fighter games. Back then the combos weren't easy but by todays standards they seem that way because we've pretty much memorized them by now. Pulling off a huge fluid combo the proper way at the end took grace and skill. There was a rumor Rare might bring back KI to xbox360. That I would love to see and paly. A new and improved verison of KI would be heaven to me.
    test
  12. Cane

Cane New Member

lol

play someone who's good
    test
  13. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Hit detection was fine. You're just blind as a bat is all.

I knew you wouldn't want to comperhend the vision, even letting you look at the naruto video couldn't compensate for your lack of imagination. All i'm saying is the background would be 2.5d. The characters would be a stationary 3d as in not allowed to side step around in the 2.5d enviroment. And the whole game well look like the animation in the street fighter 4 trailer. Seems to me you just want to play street fighter 3. The same old same old. You're a complete purist. My thoughts on the direction of the new street fighter game are great and don't be surprised if that's how the game turns out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E_eDnd9FZw&mode=related&search=

^ The game will most likely end up in this dimensional perspective only it will play like the 2-d street-fighter
    and the cel-shading will be visually stunning especially during combos.
    test
  14. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

dudes like 2d games cause their so simple.....after virtua fighter games started to actually take skill.....

and i used to murder cats in streetfighter....MVC.....only one i wasn't too good at was mortal kombat

I remember running the arcades when i was a kid, dudes would be sitting there for hours beating cats, then they'd get they ass handed to them by a kid....lol.....shit first time i played marver vs street fighter nobody could beat me at the arcades at all...
    test
  15. vinyl academics

lol@sf3 bein simple......yeah oursin.......that's it

you got it
    test
  16. vinyl academics

ok menaz.......let me put it like this

street fighter characters.........should be 2d.........3d backgrounds? sure.......3d characters? no.........2d hand drawn sprites......all day
    test
  17. Cane

Cane New Member

lmao whatever you say
    test
  18. vinyl academics

lmao i dunno how i missed this.......but seriously.......

3d games require more skill and timing?

3d games require juggling and shitty response time with the controller......that's it

and i actually play 3d fighters too..............3s shits all over em
    test
  19. vinyl academics

[youtube]KS7hkwbKmBM[/youtube]

yeah that didn't take any skill
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Of course some dudes that play professional are gonna have skill...i'm talking about all of yall and in general.....

i never played 3, but it looked just like more of the same....

I guess some folks just like being stuck in 1992 when everybody could be good at a fighting game without even knowing hte buttons
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.