street fighter 4 announced!!!!

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by vinyl academics, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

Only 3d fighting game I ever liked was DOA. And even that was pretty fucking boring after a while. Im still on all the old neo geo and capcom games.
    test
  2. Cane

Cane New Member

i love soul calibur and don't get me wrong, i know a pro will mop up a noob but unless ur a pro, a button masher has more of a chance of winning than if two of the same skill level faced off in another game. soul calibur is partly as successful as it is due to the fact it was clearly designed for those who suck at fighting games.
    test
  3. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

third strike IS the best in the series.....by far......cvs2 is a close second....guilty gear is the only thing holdin it down for 2d fighters until sf4 releases

only 3d i'll fuck with is SC and tekken.....VF is ok....but i'm not a fan
    test
  4. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

test
  5. vinyl academics

yeah ex3 but it was more 2.5d with 3d players on a 2d plane
    test
  6. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You got it all wrong. I'm not hyping this game in the least.
    Infact I know very little about it nor do I understand the game nor do I care.
    I was banking on someone else who is a fan to give a opinion.
    I'm not a fable fan in the least I was looking for someone to convert me.
    So I figured why not post this and see what fable fans think. Plus I saw a whole
    bunch of game promotion in this thread and therefore feelt noreason to make a new thread.

As for the new street fighter game... how would you feel about a Killer instinct kind of look?
    Sort of a cross between 2-d and 3-d?
    test
  7. Vikto Beats

Wtf are you talkin about I never said anything about you hypin it. Just sayin it seems like a cool idea but could be a fucking mess as well. I'm not trying to hurt you buddy, you're among friends.
    test
  8. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

We are cool.

I just didn't want to come off like I was into this game when I'm not.
    I just wanted to see if a fable fan could explain to me exactly where
    this fruit cake was coming from.

As for the new street fighter game... how would you feel about a Killer instinct kind of look?
    Sort of a cross between 2-d and 3-d?

Whats you're opinion on this?
    test
  9. vinyl academics

uh no......street fighter is hand drawn sprites and 2d

killer instinct was just shitty
    test
  10. vinyl academics

i swear son people tryin to ruin street fighter with bad ideas

im glad japs handle it
    test
  11. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Killer instinct was hours upon hours of great game play. You obviously never played at the arcade. Tourments would be held dayly. The game was competitive and revolutionary in terms of superhuman combos and the 2d/3d aspect that worked. It played nicely. The game did not suck, you just didn't care for it. Whether that formula could work for street-fighter 4 is questionable since street-fighter is said to have always been at it's best strictly as a 2-D game. I was just having a retrospective reengineering thought to make it next-gen quality.

I also don't mean it has to look exactly like killer instinct did. What I'm talking about is combining a 2-D/3-D aspect to street fighter 4 like in killer instinct. The direction of the animation can stay as is shown in the street fighter 4 trailer.

True gamers of the fight genre realize it won't work looking like virtual fighter 5.
    Now that would be a shame.
    test
  12. Vikto Beats

Killer Instinct and Killer Instict Gold we're fucking riiiidiculous. Those 20938209328 hit combos were satisfying as shit.
    test
  13. Dark_Sun

^Word. I fucked everyone up while using Saberwulf. His combos were so fluid and primal.
    test
  14. vinyl academics

ok menaz.....1: killer instinct sucked....in fact.....all fighting games developed by western studios.......suck.....hit detection was terrible...animation was terrible

2: why....WHY would anyone impliment 3d into street fighter?....their hand-drawn sprites are amazing.....do you really wanna ruin the fun of an entire game just because you can sidestep?...

3: i put 5 hours in daily on third strike.......i just want 3rd strike with new characters/better animation/HD sprites.......basically
    test
  15. Cane

Cane New Member

there's a reason why people are still playing champion edition and turbo, etc at tournaments, and mk and ki aren't.
    test
  16. Superman70

Superman70 edited

SF3 was cool, but SF Alpha 3 is the GOAT.

The Vs. games are all cool too. They need to do Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Never played any of the EX ones.

I just finished gettin' a lot of these on ROM though, time for a trip down memory lane.

Mortal Kombat was always shit after the second one. Boggles my mind when people say they like those games.
    test
  17. Dark_Sun

I own the two games that any Street Fighter fanactic must own on Playstation 2 at some point in their lives before they die.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection - The Original SFII along with Super and Hyper Modes along with SF3 Third Strike the greatest 2D fighting game ever.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/streetfighteranniversarycollection/index.html?tag=result;title;0

And

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology - It includes five games Street Fighter Alpha (1995), Street Fighter Alpha 2 (1996), Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold (1996), Street Fighter Alpha 3 (1998), and Super Gem Fighter MiniMix (1997)

Both these games together is pretty much the complete package and then some to date for the Street Fighter Series.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/sfaanthology/index.html?tag=result;title;0
    test
  18. vinyl academics

i have alpha anthology and anniversary collection.....i play constantly while i'm at work........and i play online with mame/kaillera......it's a good setup
    test
  19. Dark_Sun

test
  20. vinyl academics

anyone in here play 3s on mame/kaillera?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.