Stream Today’s “UFC on Versus 3: Sanchez vs. Kampmann” Weigh-Ins Live at 4PM ET/1PM P

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Knowledge, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knowledge

Knowledge 12 lbs with dick insert.

The official weigh-ins for “UFC on Versus 3: Sanchez vs. Kampmann” takes place today inside the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Kentucky. Stream Wednesday’s weight contest live right here on 5thRound.com starting at 4PM ET/1PM PT.

Tomorrow’s card features a pivotal welterweight affair between Martin Kampmann and Diego Sanchez. An intriguing middleweight scrap between Mark Munoz and CB Dollaway will serve as the card’s co-main event.

Versus will broadcast Thursday’s show live at 9PM ET/6PM PT.

Please click the media player below to watch today’s weigh-ins.

Here are the contestants that will be tipping the scales later this evening:

Preliminary Bouts:

Todd Brown vs. Igor Pokrajac
    Dave Branch vs. Rousimar Palhares
    Rob Kimmons and Dongi Yang
    Shane Roller vs. Thiago Tavares

(Facebook 8PM ET/5PM PT)

Cyrille Diabate vs. Steve Cantwell
    Danny Castillo vs. Joe Stevenson

Main Bouts:

Brian Bowles vs. Damacio Page
    Alessio Sakara vs. Chris Weidman
    Mark Munoz vs. C.B. Dollaway
    Martin Kampmann vs. Diego Sanchez

Stream Today’s “UFC on Versus 3: Sanchez vs. Kampmann” Weigh-Ins Live at 4PM ET/1PM PT | 5thRound.com
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i think its crazy palhares is undercard after losing to marquardt or did he fight again since then? if he did i havent noticed.. but that was a pretty highly regarded fight, yeah he got beat relatively early but had he won he'd be in the running for 185 belt.. a loss shouldnt put him on preliminary cards.
    test
  3. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Paul Harris hasn't fought since Marquardt.

Quite a reputation, that, one. Whenever a MW fighter does something to earn hatred (Sonnen, Bisping) people want them to fight Palhares next.
    test
  4. jayoo

lmao @ diego the DREAM sanchez
    test
  5. jayoo

he musta been dreamin to think he had this fight lmao.. bleedin out the mouth like he bit his tongue half off i wonder what happened
    test
  6. jayoo

oh shit he rocked kampmann twice just brawlin lets go u cant help but ride for em when he do that shit
    test
  7. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

kampmann got fuckin robbed blind.

that was such a setup to push sanchez
    test
  8. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Robbed is a little extreme
    test
  9. jayoo

the ufc has no control over the judges you know that right? they get put there by the athletic commission.

the first round was clearly kampmann. 10-9 kampmann

the second round, this is where the argument comes in.. kampmann only landed 5 more total strikes and diego had 2 shots that buckled kampmann, literally. i think rocking your opponent plays higher for the judges than kampmann having 5 more strikes that didn't slow diego down. 10-9 diego

third round, they landed same amount of strikes and diego landed a takedown to side control. kampmann hurt his hand with around a minute or so left and looked like he didn't want to engage as much well diego literally ran at him trying to finish. 10-9 diego

i think if you break down the stats its clear why diego won
    test
  10. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I think according the way the UFC fights have been scored, Diego winning was the rightful outcome.........do I think the judging criteria needs to be altered a little.....probably
    test
  11. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

stats suck. diego's face showed what the outcome should've been.
    test
  12. jayoo

that makes no sense

so because diego has a facial structure more prone to cuts like the one he had he deserves to lose? even though it didn't phase him or hold him back at all?

that makes no sense..

yeah it plays a factor, but its the deciding factor? naa.. it didnt limit him at all.

kampmann scored 5 more strikes in round 2 but almost got knocked out twice, round 3 was tied and diego got a takedown.. how else you can score it i have no idea, thats stats.
    test
  13. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i'd say kampmann won first 2 rounds. yeah he got rocked twice but never went down.

takedown in round 3, ok, whatever. kampmann should've won. i know they score power too, but dude didn't go down, so eh...shouldn't have won him the fight.
    test
  14. jayoo

yeah he didnt go down because he backed away, none of his shots even phased diego besides that one in the first round and we all agree kampmann got the 1st. so your saying 5 more strikes gives kampmann round 2 even though diego had the fight changing strikes? not only did he rock him but he opened the cut above his eye which changed the momentum. that was a huge round for diego in terms of staying in it, thats the perfect example of a round won.. guess we see it differently but the judges dont.

as far as round 3.. yeah a takedown, thats a big deal considering they both landed 22 strikes even, wouldnt that make a takedown and dominant position (side control) the determining factor for that round? you could argue he opened diegos cut even more, which is definitely points, but he hurt his hand on that shot and didn't want to engage much after that which loses points.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.