Stop Sampling.

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by JaMarcus Cock Sucker, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

test
  2. ni6apinoflavord

ni6apinoflavord aka beatboss

test
  3. Nasty Chopz

Nasty Chopz ••••••

sampling helped me a lot in the beginning when i got into this beatmakin shit.... at one point i just started to look at it like this, the sounds of my keyboards ARE jus like samples to me...just like one key samples n i can just put those together/layer em, like wit sampling

then i started to sample, especially choppin hard, stuttering & composin over it..began usin the samples as a backbone

nowadays i compose more than sampling actually ever since i got more into live instruments, my module sounds & interpolating... although most of the shit i upload is sampled

sample myself a lot now, chop on my own shit

also sample a lotta tracks from different countries, i dunno but i think its easier to get away wit it like that...especially wit the japanese, middle east & sometimes even spanish samples..all typa different cultural samples

then again our next cd will be droppin in germany...the laws over there are different....a lot easier to clear samples there, especially when u can barely or not at all tell what sample was used

ima keep sampling regardless tho, just cuz thats how i got into it.... been interpolating a lot more & alot wit my own flips to em....just replayed love seranade by barry white last week wit my homie cuz in the original joint he kept talkin thru the whole track lol
    test
  4. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

I think urb really didnt mean ne disrespect to sampling.. i think hes saying either u bring something serious or dont even try to get on....

if ur gonna sample and u want a beat for a radio single, them anrs hear soo many beats a day... u gotta let em know u mean business
    test
  5. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

Yea I Can Relate to that...because I have heard some fuck off samples used on some wack azz Beats....Its like disrespecting who actually Originated the sample...

So Yea Hypno I agree.....Just make sure if you use a sample....Its Some Throw'd Shyt...Dont play any games with it....and then Trust Me....I will pay off....plus if its perfect in sync with the Beat....with some nice catchy lyrics depending on what sample used.....You have a chance to capture the Old School Cowd....with some Al Green...Marvin Gaye...Type Chops or slices...It going down...

But Then again Pimps...Sampling just isnt for everybody.....Just as Composing Isnt for everybody....Some niggaz can do both....which I think is Fly...and talented.....Find Yo Self In This Game....And Do Him....

BKster....
    test
  6. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Sampling ain't going anywhere niggas, get over it. Cats straight HATE sampling and that shit kills me. Especially rappers. Cuz straight up and down cats talk a big game about dissing sampling when the topics come up in forums and shit and say it's ONLY about composing...but for example, EVERYTIME DJ Cas (especially this cat lol), NOVA, or Engineer post a new (sampled) beat in the audio mcs forum, niggas is trying to jump on it like crazy. That shows how hungry cats still are over well put together sampled-beats.

To not sample altogether (especially if you're nice at it, like doing it, and are creative enough to flip shit) is just dumb shit. I know too many emcees that still are just looking for sampled beats.

I agree though, when pushing shit, trying to get your name out...if you're not composing these days, good luck. Real talk.

Sampling won't go anywhere though, and fuck anyone who says it "should" lol. I agree with Urb's post, (on the third page or something, I don't know)...if your sample based production has character and is creative, shit will show and talent will be there.

BUT, I gotta say it cuz a lot of niggas is missing on it: too many cats that have a Roland, Motif, or a cheap ass keyboard think because they don't sample, and they know how to string together instruments and sequence that they're "talented". Then they're quick to say "niggas who sample have no talent." lol, neither do you nigga! That's how I look at it.

Going up there and pressing buttons like an infant with a toy drum set isn't talent my nigga. Dion Primo, Pheonix, Maestro, Urb...those are cats you hear talent in.

cats getting it twisted sometimes.
    test
  7. Definit

Definit Based.

agree with all of the later talk, its really not about what you make, just bring your A-game to the table...business in the brief case if you know what i mean...

it doesnt mean stop sampling...it just means from a business mans aspect, if you want to LIVE off your hobby, try making some composed shit aswell...it can only help you, why would anyone in music try to limit themselves?...i mean, sample it up *ofcourse no loops*...chances are they've been looped already...but try and do both, dont limit yourself...cuz you CAN make money off both, the more profitable is ofcourse going to be your own ideas...but!, that doesnt mean stop sampling...just do it the right way...chop it up note for note...lay it down how you want to hear it...make that SAMPLE n all them lil chops sound NEW, make em sound like their yours....thats the only way you gonna make it off them samples man...there's a bunch of sample based producers who made a career out of it...thing is, you gotta create Your Niche', just like Composing....

to me LOOP SAMPLING
    is equivalant to Style Biting with Composing...

create your own Style...create good music...be yourself and get out and make that cake.
    test
  8. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Let's make it simple... anyone limiting themselves period is not true to the art.

Especially music.
    test
  9. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

summed up nicely
    test
  10. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

Again....

i dont think urb meant sampling ne disrespect.

like i said.. anrs prolly hear millions of generic medicore sampled beats... and outta them few bunch, is one track that stands out...

see the picture.. get it..
    test
  11. Tequila Jong-il

Tequila Jong-il SALAD TOSSER

queen kong dont know what he talking about. Gorilla cube fucker.
    test
  12. Ray Digga

Ray Digga NeosulOSkoolAbstrkHipHop

Good thread....

Digga
    test
  13. SoulBoy

SoulBoy Bitch wheres my Grammy

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6614205

The new wave lol. Fully composed...^ No Samples/interpolations. Wasn't neccesarily tryna get it to sound like a sample. But have that same vibe and energy that you usually get in a sample.
    test
  14. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Nothing wrong with sampling. Use all the tools and knowledge you can get your hands on.
    test
  15. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

theres people who will take ne sample, and throw drum loop under it in 5 minutes and call it a day...

theres people that actually put EFFORT into cutting a sample.. filtering it.. chopping it...

u know
    test
  16. SoulBoy

SoulBoy Bitch wheres my Grammy

Lol..no doubt. I got absolutely nothing against sampling. Just got no desire to do it my self haha. I like building my own compositions from the ground up that'll give some of these samples a run for there money. I think SOME people give to much credit sampling rather then the original composers (i.e. loop based producers). If you chop and make it into a completely different track...then thats a different story. Some of my favorite beats are samples/ interpolations.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.