STi or Evo-8 or 350z??

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by {[A.R.B.]}, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedIye

RedIye New Member

First off, dont ever compare a Ford to my vehicle. Second off.... that is what I was going with... PRICE's... those European/Jap cars are WAY more expensive than any North American, aside from a Vette. Now, would you like me to post some pictures of a guy in my clubs car? 800 RWHP... Turbo TA, that runs mid 8's, And is street-able, all it has is a custom 4 inch turbo, with a new intake, headers, and y pipe. There is no point of taking that route, because it is just pointless, we can go back and fourth for days.

Thirdly, when are we ever driving our cars in excess of 100 miles/hr through turns? NEVER... We talk about street racing, we talk about a straight line... We talk about the track, we talk straight line.

You seem to be missing the whole point of my last post.... I said... now listen... for the price of 13,000 and running mid to high 13's... nothing beats the WS6. Handling wise? Well, I dont remember the last time I took a turn doing 60mph, but
    my car handles great!

And ofcourse, they stopped production in 2002... thats more of a reason I would prefer to own one, because it becomes collecters, they only made 2800 of them for the year that I own, and I'm proud to be 1 of.

And your right, a 300zx TT will take my car, but then again, the 300zx TT is more expensive. I've driven a few of these, they're quick no doubt. But do you know how much of a pain these are to fix if something go's wrong? Better have a fat wallet buddy, not many mechanics know how to fix these cars because they jammed those 2 turbo's in their, and those turbo's need regular maint...

Again, I was basing my comments purely on PRICES.. the EVO, the 350's... etc they are all in a different price bracket, that was my whole argument. and to me? If you ask about looks? Well, I'm pretty sure we know who gets more head turns...

I never said those cars couldnt handle good, hell they handle great, I love that V6 engine in the 350... great engineering. Reminds me of those Turbo 3.8's buick used to have... wanna talk about a GNX?

And about the list of cars in your first paragraph... A stock RX7 doesnt have shit on my car, and how you gonna mention an M3? Wtf... Why dont I just mention a Viper.

Also, my car has an LT1 engine, which is a vette enginer. Now, in 98 they came out with new engines... the LS1.

Your EVO and an LS2 is a different story.
    test
  2. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

I don't have to everyone else compares the two.
    That's great, then I can name Jesus's GSX that is the fastest DSM in the country, WOTM's 1000hp Supra, I mean come on, 800TA...thats great, I respect them, I have seen TT T/A's and they are really not a big deal to me. Thats just me cause I don't car for American cars. I only respect the C5 Z06 or FI C5's or the new C6's... oh and excluding old school muscle cars.

Oh yeah 4 inch turbo? What is that please explain.

lol.. because anyone with a foot can go in a straight line it shows no skills what the fuck so ever. I auto-x because in my area we are able to do this. Heard of the Dragon's Tail.. if so then you might understand as well. Although with an T/A there would be no reason going down that trail...EVER.

As for 13g's .. I named them... READ...READ...READ.... VR4 Galant... selling for that much, umm what else, yes a 95 300Zx TT is being sold 5 miles from my condo for 13 thousand. You said name them... and I did..

What do you mean of course...lol.. they did cause the fucking thing can't sell. If they could they sure as fuck wouldn't stop selling them. Ford whooped that ass, and therefore made GM pack up there bags. Thus the reason they are scraping the idea of coming back out with a Camaro.

LOL...sad I did work on those cars... whats so hard, that a trained mechanic can't do it.... Makes you wonder. The turbo doesn't have problems until you start going over BPU++ and for atleast 80k miles. Otherwise your turbo's are going to do well, unless you know shit about FI cars.

Yeah the 350z.. Don't even say your T/A does, if so.... thats a first. Nobody gives a damn about a T/A or SS or anything around here when it comes to looks. Performance is a different story.

test
  3. ghostman1000x

ghostman1000x New Member

Out of the Cars above i would say STI .I had a ls1 Z28 it dynoed stock at 302rwhp so ls1 is very underrated more like 330hp to the crank afther vortec supercharger,longtube headers,ls6 manifold and lid i was pushing 486rwhp.I have a 04 Neon SRT-4 now and i have the Stage 3 turbo kit from the dealer plus mopar headers/exhaust/intake and i am pushing 418fwhp and total spent is $24,000 and not to mention still covered on the warranty since i got the parts from the dealer an evo/sti will be $32k for the car alone and another$5k to get that power witch will probaly void the warranty so SRT-4 or used F-Body are the ways to go for less pain/money to get 400whp.And dont die on the camaro's they are coming back

http://forums.autoweek.com/thread.j...&threadID=16883
    test
  4. Tigre

Ok I will bite.

1. WHAT???!?!?! A stage 3 consists of 300hp..so how the fuck can you get 418fwhp...LMAO.. stop, you can ONLY get that by upgrading the turbo like T04 or t3/t4... so stop. Is Dodge accidently putting T3/t4's in their upgrades now..

2. Mopar headers... lol.. this is not a V8. This is a turbo4 and not a boxster turbo 4 which consists of headers. Try again with that one. That portion COMPLETELY DENIES CREDIBILITY. Show me pics of said headers, and not of your exhaust manifold.

3. You don't have a AGP, WGA, BC, BOV or FMIC... how the hell can you possibly say you have 418hp... nice try. Maybe next time though..

4. Dyno sheet would be nice...

Thanks for playing.

Less money to get a EVO to 400hp.. scroll up and read before posting.

Oh yeah Camaro, has been scraped, check out the Chevy boards, and they will tell you the same. GM is lossing too much money to come out with it, so they cancelled the showing in 2007.
    test
  5. ghostman1000x

ghostman1000x New Member

i will show u and by the way i mean a mani when i say headers i have to correct my self and u need to do more reading the SRT-4 consist of 300-315hp without the mopar catback with it it is 345-351hp just check out mopar.com If u tell me how to post pics on here i will post them.
    test
  6. ghostman1000x

ghostman1000x New Member

test
  7. Tigre

So now it is Mopar Manifold.. come on now. I can get a picture and post it too...

LOL.. man I tune the fucking car, I know what it does. The car stock can put down 245fwhp. And about 260 crank and some a few bits higher. As for 345 and 351 after an exhaust. If you believe that then that is your thing. If you want to believe that then go ahead. Anyway, I dont need to read Mopar.com to know that what they mean is with and without toys. You need to do some reading. I don't care what picture u post of a SRT4 you can't actually make ppl believe that you have this car.

And then how the hell do you have 400+fwhp.. yeah you still forgot that one.

Again thanks for playing.
    test
  8. Tigre

test
  9. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

Catback doesn't add much unless you get headers also... I'm thinking even with a top of the line catback system + headers, maybe 15-20hp max.

Tigre is so bent on world import conquest he won't face facts though...

for the money easily any F-body is gonna be much much faster... a new/usedish Evo or a 350z is gonna be at least $24-35k dependant on how new/year/miles of the model.

A 2002 WS-6 with low miles is still gonna be about $21-24k right now. and that's gonna be 2002 at the newest.. so I mean, they hold their value alot better than Tigre will admit, seeing as they are basically collectable since they aren't even produced now.... miles add depreciation, that's KNOWN.. from 2002-2006 the 350z's can range from $24k-42k with real low miles.. well find a 350z with like 60k miles and tell me the price.. hell I see 30k miles on 350z going for like $22k...

you can rant all day about they stopping production for bad sales, etc. etc.... but f-body's are ALL business.. if I wanted a car that got good gas mileage, why the fuck would I have a trans am?

a stock ass 2000-2002 SS/WS-6 will shit on like every car you listed.. and with barely any money in mods, continue to shit on more cars. Wow, I wish I waited I just saw a firehawk with 13,000 miles going for $22,500... 335hp.. and that car hasn't even been broken in. so take that extra 5 grand you just made off NOT buying the mitsubishi or nissan and hit 400hp without a problem... ya'll are crazy..
    test
  10. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

hahahaha.. hilarious.
    test
  11. ghostman1000x

ghostman1000x New Member

i had a f-body and i can honestly say i loved it
    test
  12. ghostman1000x

ghostman1000x New Member

test
  13. Tigre

KID YOU DON'T HAVE A SRT4. You still didn't answer if that SRT4 in the pic was yours. No need to though, cause I know it isn't.

Thanks for playing, try again. :)
    test
  14. {[A.R.B.]}

{[A.R.B.]} King Tres

i like imports over domestic thats jus my steez thats why i didnt go with the f-body choice... so thats basically why i chose those 3 cars for this thread..
    test
  15. RedIye

RedIye New Member

I hear you, everyone has their tastes, and prefferences... just weigh out you options.

As for Tigre, man... I dont even know what to say to you anymore, hah! I think we're both going to have to agree to disagree.
    test
  16. Tigre

lol...good.. cause it would be boring if we agreed.
    test
  17. RedIye

RedIye New Member

long live the f-body! :p
    test
  18. Rogue-Reiser

Rogue-Reiser New Member

lol this is off topic but fuck all that shit get like a 1988 s10 and drop like a 302 in it... it would fuck leave cats goin :O for ever lol... but u might wana re-inforce the frame =P
    test
  19. RedIye

RedIye New Member

A guy in my F-Body club is dropping a 350 LS1 from a vette in a 94 S10 ... I cant wait to see the finished product.
    test
  20. BoardWalk

BoardWalk it's a monopoly.

we don't die..

we multiply.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.