Steve Kerr doesnt think before he talks

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Bash, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. double ML

double ML Guest

man- i could drop 50 on the raptors
    test
  2. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

some of you guys who think players who shoot a high fg% can drop 80+ are simply mislead by stats. scoring anywhere near 60 points takes a lot of stamina and endurance. most players get tired from taking so many shots during a game. kobe's conditioning is unmatched by any player in the nba
    test
  3. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

I don't know, but I'd love to find out...

how many players dropped 50 on the raptors this season?
    test
  4. style-rip

i was gona prop u for bein' a
    [​IMG]

but then it told me:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to double ML again.

double = http://deeddee.ytmnd.com/

lol
    test
  5. double ML

double ML Guest

hahahahaha[funny]

that pic is awesome
    test
  6. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

According to Cigmas "physically blessed theory", LeBron actually should be able to score 180 in a game with his percentage.

Anyways, the Stamina excuse is nice for you guys to bring up, but you can't prove which player has more. If you want to try and "prove" Kobe has more "stamina" than LeBron, good luck.

1. LeBron leads the NBA in minutes
    2. LeBron leads the NBA in scoring on the second night of "back-to-back" games

This should be good.
    test
  7. G-Rob da great

I dunno about this year but...

LeBron dropped 56 on em' last year.

Funny how I was thinking about this... the Cavs are just 2-2 when LeBron crosses the 50 point barrier, but they are 12-0 when he posts a triple double. Hmmm.

Yet another reason why it will never be in his best interest to shoot 46 times, regardless of how many he would make.
    test
  8. double ML

double ML Guest

i think rip hamilton would be up there among the best conditioned athletes in the NBA
    test
  9. G-Rob da great

Then you're not paying attention.

They may finish close to the same win totals, but LeBron has done it in a more impressive fashion because we haven't "needed" to win a game in almost three weeks-- and, LeBron was able to accomplish this with Larry Hughes and Anderson Varejo missing (over) half the season. 16 Laker losses have come with Kobe "better than his best"...

lol... no I really don't understand that.

I don't think the Cavs can function without LeBron. He as more assignments than Kobe does, which I've said numerous times now. He basically is the Cavalier SF/PG. Just imagine if we lost LeBron for 45 games in the same span that Hughes was out.. the lineup is..

Z
    Gooden
    Sasha Pavlovic
    Damon Jones (Flip Murray after Feb. trade deadline)
    Eric Snow

How many games does that team win? LeBron and Kobe both carry their teams but it's like putting a 10 ton anchor on the end of the team that LeBron carries because he's simply asked of more playmaking and getting teammates invovled. Kobe is asked to score a lot.

I doubt it. He does too much. You're taking away the #1 playmaker, and a 30 point scorer. The next leading scorers barely average half of that. LeBron's backups (Sasha, Luke Jackson) and other scorers (Damon Jones) have been largely inconsistent. I don't know who you think would step in and fill that void and still get them to the playoffs.

That's not a bad assumption- they're only 14 games over that mark with Kobe and Odom for the year.

Why would that concern me? lol... I believe I've said numerous times that I think Kobe is the better player because of his all-NBA-first team caliber defense.

It's about opportunity. Not many coaches are going to give a player an opportunity to shoot it that much. I think zenmeister is a great coach, but in the Dallas game he sat him and got bitched at for doing it, in the Toronto game he refused to cheat us of a great performance. We got it.

[funny]

You people crack me up with statements like that when you know I've seen at least 60 of the 80 games played this year.

He chews his nails. Who gives a fuck?

You saying "he chews his nails while on defense" is the most absurb one I've heard yet.

So now he loses focus because he has to maintain his nails.

Keep em' coming Cigma.
    test
  10. G-Rob da great

lol, because Kobe has nike ads that describe his work ethic it leads his fans to believe that nobody works as hard as him.
    test
  11. style-rip

no team in the nba has a defense strictly to stop hamilton. this fool is playing with 4 other allstars on his team making his job thaaat much easier. he can slack on defense knowing the wallaces are in the paint. he can slack on offense cuz billups can take over the game. kobe shits on rip's existence
    test
  12. double ML

double ML Guest

^^you have obviously never watched a pistons game then

that fool is in CONSTANT motion
    test
  13. G-Rob da great

^That has ? to do with Hamilton's conditioning?
    test
  14. double ML

double ML Guest

^^is that a serious question or are you makin' fun of style?
    test
  15. style-rip

simple. rip doesnt have to be a defensive stopper and chuck up 30 shots a game night in and night out, getting beat down everytime he drives to the lane to get fouled. it takes its toll on a player, and everyone thought kobe wouldve slowed down by now, when in fact he's actually accelerating right past your favorite player
    test
  16. double ML

double ML Guest

what if kobe was my favorite player?

he couldn't accelerate past himself

but then again, if you were me, and i were you, i'd use your body to break down your flawed logic

YOU CAN'T STOP ME NO MATTER WHO YOU!

[​IMG]
    [funny]
    test
  17. G-Rob da great

style
    test
  18. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Even if he has the physical ability and skill to score 81, I still doubt he could because right now he lacks that type of ability to zone in. I mean even grown folk don't have that level of commitment/desire.

^^ You want to laugh at the fingernails comment, but it's a symptom, not the illness.

Kobe, for all he has gone through, good and bad, is probably one of the most mentally hardened, focused, driven and strong willed people that I've ever seen.

That's what makes the difference between these two players right now. The level of commitment they have shown to their games.

Is Kobe Bryant really at his build, supposed to be the most unstoppable scorer in the game? Really I mean... if you saw him on the street would you think this guy can go for 50 any given night.

If Lebron had 70% of Kobe's sheer will, he would shit on the league (not that he isn't exactly right now...) But he's young yet, and inexperienced, just starting to realize what he can do, and when he can do it.

You said earlier this season, Lebron is coming around on defense, because now he is wanting to play defense.

Well, like the fingernail chewing, that shows the lack of focus, because previously then that means he was shying away from the responsibility.

Now in the last month, he's been everything a MVP should be. But it was not a sustained effort.

Kobe has been on a mission the entire year.
    test
  19. double ML

double ML Guest

kobe's not strong willed

double presents the evidence: that big ass colored diamond ring he bought his wife after he got caught cheatin' on her

the prosecution rests.
    test
  20. style-rip

the defense would like for double to explain his definition of 'strong willed' before the cross examination continues..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.