Steve Kerr doesnt think before he talks

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Bash, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. double ML

double ML Guest

^^i'm just usin' your own logic against you

if you laughin' at what i'm saying, then you laughin' at yourself

and cigma's the one who mentioned genes, not me.

bwahahaha@the suns were stacked before nash came[funny]

i do recall them bein' one of the worst teams in the western conference at that time
    test
  2. double ML

double ML Guest

let's just say the suns lose their last 2 games

here's what the records from the last 4 seasons would be:

2 seasons with nash: 114-49

2 previous seasons w/o nash: 73-91
    test
  3. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

i like how you put "2 time mvp" when we all know that's never going to happen.
    test
  4. double ML

double ML Guest

double is the sports expert.

it will be so.
    test
  5. ALIEN0888

ALIEN0888 Your Hero's Idol

vote = Kevin Martin MVP
    test
  6. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

okay, i've read A LOT...A LOT...of ridiculous, stupid shit in my lifetime, but this is hands down the most illogical argument i've ever seen made for why an mvp candidate is overrated.

i'm like sick in my stomache after reading that. i'm ashamed to know that you live relatively close to me.
    test
  7. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

The order should go:

Nash
    Kobe
    Lebron/Wade

then whoever else...
    test
  8. style-rip

we can settle this in person via yo momma jokes, its wateva bruddah
    test
  9. style-rip

i would NEVER trade odom for nash. thats like charlotte trading kobe for vlade divac
    test
  10. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

I thought i did a search on "ONE".
    test
  11. double ML

double ML Guest

you send nash to the lakers, and they're a top 3 team in the west.
    test
  12. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

That's the weakest downplay LeBron excuse I've heard in my lifetime.

I'm going to use that excuse for everyone from now on.

Dwayne Wade is better than Kobe because Kobe is more physically blessed and that makes everything Wade does that more mind boggling and impressive so therefore he is more valuable.

This has nothing to do with who is the more valuable player to their team is.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

That's all I was saying with my post- people watch because they love him or hate him. He caused that with his actions over the last 2-3 years. He was on good boy behavior this year, but it's still a lasting effect. People that hate him want to see him fail. LeBron doesn't have a huge hate fanbase following him. There's not much point in debating a popularity contest between them- they are pretty much near even if anything.

He didn't need "81" to will them to victory. He willed them to victory well before he reached that point. Don't label a 18 point victory, 81, and will to win all in the same sentence. He willed them to victory in that game, but he did not NEED the second highest scoring game in NBA history to do it.

Who are you arguing with?

When once did I tear him down because it was the Raptors? Unlike those who attacked LeBron's first game winner because "it was the Bobcats", I respect this is a league where anyone can be beaten on any given night. I respect an accomplishment like that no matter what team it's against and you'll never find one post from me saying he only did it because it was the Raptors.

I basically owned you with my first few posts in this discussion and it seems that you have no answer so you've just turned on to mumbling and rambling about pointless information that's not relevant to anything I've said. I've ignored portions of your last few posts because you're rambling on and on about a lot of nothing.

Good for you.

lmao.. didn't that same coach take Kobe out of the game for the 4th quarter against Dallas? Best chance to win? Mufucka they had already won!

Like I said, the only reason he was able to pad that number up was because everyone was after him and mamba thinking they were cheated out of a great performance in the Dallas game. They got it against Toronto.

lol, players who slack on the defensive end usually have more energy for offense, so again, I'm not sure where your weak logic originates from.

Defensive focus and Offensive focus are two totally different things. First, I don't believe LeBron doesn't play defense for an entire game- he does play defense, he's just not great at it yet. That's another issue.

Secondly, LeBron doesn't sleep on offense. He plays more minutes than Kobe, leads more comebacks and explodes in 4th quarters. He plays offense the ENTIRE game. Even if believe he doesn't play defense an entire game- then what exactly does that have to do with him scoring 81? You want to talk focus? How can you say he's not focused with the way he plays? You're as bad as the Wade supporters that suggested he plays weak in the 4th quarter. You don't get the numbers he does by not playing a full game of basketball night in and night out. PERIOD.
    test
  13. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

With my post I said any swingman that shoots a decent percentage from the stripe can score at least 70 points with that many attempts. Thanks for replying with "Tony Parker" (not a swingman) and Shaq (horrid free throw shooter).

However, they probably could both score 81 if given the opportunity to shoot the rock 46 times. Shaq has scored 61 before- so with more attempts, 81 is definetly not out of the question- - but the only thing that would hold Shaq back is his free throw shooting, and not being able to shoot the three. In Shaq's 61 point game he went 24-35 from the floor, but only shot 50% from the stripe.

It's funny that you mention the name Shaq- his 61 point game came as a Laker, before LeBron was in the league- but when asked about players scoring 100 in a game he replied:

Wilt took 63 shots in his 100-point game and you took 35 to get your career-high 61 points. How many shots would you have to take to score 100?

About 70. If I do take 60 shots in a game, I'll get 100 points I can tell you that.

Are there any players in the league besides yourself who could score 100 points in a game?

(Allen) Iverson could get his 50, Kobe (Bryant) could get his 50. But I think if T-Mac (Tracy McGrady) shot the ball every time, he could do it. Just the four of us

I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. It's a shame Shaq uses more logic than you when he speaks.

There's a shitload of talented scorers in this league.

Isn't this Kobe's first scoring title of his career?

You're acting like he performed some superhuman act of God that any other player is incapable of doing. What decent swingman in this league would score LESS than 70 points with 46 attempts?

I'm not trying to turn anything into a fact- you're just overblowing something that is a fact and not using common sense.

Lastly, don't make shit up- LeBron saying "It's not my game" says nothing about his mental capacity or character. It says everything about the type of game he plays. His primary assignment is to score, but he shoulders a lot more weight than Kobe does in making plays and getting teammates involved. That's why he'll never chuck it up 46 times (66 times I should say).
    test
  14. TK-Arsenal

TK-Arsenal beastin'

lebron needs to win that mvp
    test
  15. style-rip

you send kobe to the suns, and they're a lock to win it all
    test
  16. double ML

double ML Guest

you send kobe to the suns, they're a #6 seed
    test
  17. style-rip

lakers will win game 1 vs the suns, book it!
    test
  18. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

lakers MIGHT win game 3...the only game they win. the suns did this on purpose, you know. they took out their best player, their glue, against you guys on sunday to show you that you have a chance, when really you don't, which should make their game 1 and 2 beatdown of you guys even more hilarious.

this is off-topic but i love how some people want to give the mvp to kobe based on what the lakers COULD do against the suns in the playoffs. that's great reasoning right there. why not give it to artest because of how well the kings have been playing and what they MIGHT do against the spurs?
    test
  19. ILLnSkILLz

ILLnSkILLz New Member

Vote = Artest for MVP/Defensive POY
    test
  20. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

They both deserve nods at the MVP, that's why its a race at this point.

But nothing you have said has shown how Lebron is more vital to the Cavs than the Kobe to the Lakers.

I believe you are confused between the idea of whose more valuable to their team, and who makes their team better more. There's a difference.

If you remove one from either team, the Lakers are worse off. But if you add both to their teams, the Cavs would have the most improvement.

Ie..... Kobe Bryant had a more standout year and was more valuable to the league and his team than Lebron James.

That's me being non-biased. I'm a Spurs fan above everything else.

In my thinking, from all my points I've put out, it's pretty obvious to me that Kobe is worth more to the Lakers, than Lebron to the Cavs in this season.

That Kobe Bryant had the 'most valuable season,' and he's doing it on a playoff team in the West with ever team in the league geared to stop him. The east is on the brink of sporting 4 playoff teams, with sub .500 records.

The Cavs might have still made the playoffs in the East without Lebron James had Hughes been healthy.

If Kobe went down and Odom carried to load for the Lakers the entire season, I seriously doubt they would have won 30 games.

I'm not saying Kobe is better than Lebron. So please stop getting your panties in a bunch.

In the history of the NBA, 81+ points has been done twice. So... with all the talented swingmen who shoot a high percentage, wouldn't you think it would have happened more? By you're logic soooooo many people capable to score 81, no one has.

I'm not saying it was an act of god, great hyperbole... but please, at the biggest stage of NBA talent, he put up 81 points. That's the elite doing something amazing against the elite. If he padded his stats the last 10 points... that still does not invalidate the fact he did it on the highest level. Show me where Toronto just sat down for the last 10 minutes and said Kobe score 81.

Yea sure, Toronto agreed to let Kobe score 81.

You're thinking I'm basing my consideration for Kobe just because he scores points? Naw man. Kobe is the more vital cog for the Lakers.

And I never attacked Lebrons character. If anything, you've bashed Kobe. I speaking to his maturity and focus level as a 21 year old.

Even if he has the physical ability and skill to score 81, I still doubt he could because right now he lacks that type of ability to zone in. I mean even grown folk don't have that level of commitment/desire.

You've seen game, especially early in the season when the pressure was on, Lebron would lapse on defense and start chewing his finger nails. That's why I question his focus. When it stops being offensive focus over defensive focus - and becomes about 'total game focus' that's when he'll hit that higer level.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.