Steve Kerr doesnt think before he talks

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Bash, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bash

Bash New Member

Dirk Nowitzki and Kobe Bryant can make strong cases, but they have more talent around them than LeBron does. And in the end, James does more for his teammates than any of the above names, although Nash would have an argument there - Steve Kerr

wat in the hell? ok I agree wit the second statement but the first? hell nah Dirk Nowitzki does have more talent around him than LeBron does but Kobe? hell to the muh fucking nah Illguaskus and Gooden>the talent around Kobe
    test
  2. double ML

double ML Guest

wtf are you babblin' about?[dunno]

and steve kerr > you
    test
  3. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Phil Jackson duh
    test
  4. worDwell

worDwell New Member

Kobe Bryant has more talent than Lebron??

Smush Parker?? Luke Walton, cook, george??

Lamar Odom is the only above average player on the Lakers.

Kerr is such a bandwagon guy. And as a commentator he's not that great, they always do some lame joke about him being this or that... but it's seldomly humourous.,

Sean Elliot > Steve Kerr.
    test
  5. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

steve kerr is the shit in nba live.

people get so caught up in the fact that smush parker's name is smush parker that they forget that he's a very servicable point guard. better than...let's say...eric snow? hell yes. smush drops 20 on someone every once and a while, and has great hands that allow him to get plenty steals.

i wouldnt say that kobe has more talent around him than lebron, but i would say that kobe has SLIGHTLY more talent around him, considering the lakers are being coached by one of the best and the cavs have a rookie coach.
    test
  6. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Kobe has less talent.

OTHER THAN KOBE, LeBron has the least talent of all MVP canidates- but I won't say he has nothing. I mean they DID spend a shit load in free agency last year but they only signed one star and he's not even an allstar caliber player. They got a lot of role players to fit with LBJ.

I will touch on two of the points that have been made...

First, without a doubt- the Lakers having Phil Jackson is a key. I just simply do not care for Cavaliers head coach Mike Brown. He's done a poor job IMO, he has poor values for managing a rotation and he can't create an identity for the team. He focuses FAR too much on weaknesses (defense) instead of making the strengths (offense) the best they can be. After LeBron bailed his ass out on numerous occassions, he said in a post game interview "That kid makes me look like I can coach!!" Ya got damn skippy he does.

Secondly, we just flat out do not have a point guard better than Smush Parker. That is true. Damon Jones is listed as a point guard but he is not. If you want to count Hughes and LeBron as point guards (they might as well be), then that's all we have.. lol.
    test
  7. G-Rob da great

Alot of people look at the talent and records and just say well there you have it. Only a few people mention that LeBron was without Hughes for over half the season. That's the teams second best player. I think he did a fine job of managing the ship. Again, take Odom away for 45 games... take Marion away for 45 games.. take Shaq away for 45 games. I mean, you're going to see completely different teams. The Lakers aren't even in the playoffs if Odom missed 45 games. That gets lost in the shuffle alot now that Hughes is back healthy. But with a healthy Hughes all year (not to mention a healthy Andy-V to back up Z in the first half of the year)- and you're looking at a Cavalier team that would probably already be at the 55 win mark or above.

It's something that has to be taken into consideration when the voting takes place.
    test
  8. double ML

double ML Guest

^^they took amare away for all but 3 games

zing!

nash > kobe
    test
  9. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

lol@comparing hughes to shaq, odom, and marion.

more like diaw, jason williams, and smush

by the way, keep in mind the lakers have been playing without their starting center, chris mihm. kobe = mvp
    test
  10. Ur_Boy_Pos

Ur_Boy_Pos New Member

i dont know how clear cut it is dat lebron has more talent. lamar odom is better than anyone in da cavs aside from James. Smush parker is a solid pg and Chris Mihm is as well as a center. Da cavs do have talent but they have some serious wholes. Eric Snow belongs in da cba. i have no clue how this dude made to da nba and been around for so long. Flip Murray is not a true pg...he's kinda of a misfit in da system even though he gets his here and there. damon jones is a bum....w/o shaq getting wide open looks he's nothing. larry hughes is a good player but he cant shoot so it clogs up da da lane dat lebron would drive though. illgauskas and marshall are very inconsistent. its a toss up what u gonna get from them on a nightly basis. drew gooden is a solid hustle player but he looks for his own offense its just a mess. when lebron is not in da game, they are a disaster....reference: knicks vs. cavs. if it wasnt dat da knicks just could pretty much lose to anybody, they woulda gotten blown out. da lakers dont have much, but wit Odom, Parker, George, Mihm....its not too far from da Cleveland's situation. i just think Cleveland's talent is overrated. i still have to give a very miniscule edge to da cavs havin a lil more than da lakers aside from their stars.
    test
  11. double ML

double ML Guest

cavs > lakers
    test
  12. G-Rob da great

Truth, but the presence of Marion is better than anyone Cleveland has. Nash still has a pretty talented cast even without Amare. I think it's pretty much a Nash-LeBron toss up IMO.
    test
  13. G-Rob da great

Smush? WTF

Hughes and Odom are VERY comparable support players. Hughes even scores more.

I wasn't nesscarily comparing them or comparing Hughes to Shaq/Marion. I'm saying how much would other teams suffer with the loss of their second best player for 45 games. Even a well built rounded team like Detroit would suffer quite a bit- and the Cavs DID suffer. I'm just saying that it's hard to argue we wouldn't be a 55+ win team with Hughes ALL year long. We're a 50 win team with him for less than half the year- and don't forget we did not have Flip the entire time he was injured either.

LeBron is more valuable than Kobe. The Lakers would most likely be a better team with LeBron based on his efficency on offense alone.

I mean, you want to talk about LeBron's supporting cast this year.. what about last year? He still finished with more wins than Kobe and that was before this heavy spending offseason.

And Chris Mhim means shit to a team that's so heavily based on the backcourt and perimiter. That's like saying the loss of Eric Snow or Ira Newble would really hurt the Cavs.
    test
  14. G-Rob da great

Kobe plays for the 7th place team. I don't see how he can be named the most valuable player for that reason alone.
    test
  15. Bash

Bash New Member

^but there's no rule in the nba dat states dat the mvp must come from a team wit 50 wins or more
    test
  16. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

lakers are weak in their front court and thats one of the reasons why teams score 100+ ppg on them. mihm is a good defender.. its not like the lakers have anyone better so BZZZZ try again. basketball isnt all about offense u know
    test
  17. young J

young J that nigga.

You guys are idiots.

LeBron has way more talent around him than Kobe does. And Dirk has more talent around him than both LeBron and Kobe put together.
    test
  18. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

Lamar Odom blows cock.
    test
  19. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

real laker fans are yearning to blow lamar's cock right about now

damn @ his level of play since the beginning of march
    test
  20. G-Rob da great

No but the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER should finish higher than 7th in his conference. There are players that are more valuable to their teams in the NBA.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.