Steve Austin and the Rock returning?

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Machilles, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machilles

Machilles If you want a God

# WWE is expected to announce Steve Austin’s return to RAW at the three-hour anniversary show, which airs on December 10th. Austin is expected to start promotional work for the show today.

# Speaking of the 15th anniversary show, WWE has plans on bringing in big names for the big show. The most noteable names include Steve Austin and The Rock. WWE has, reportedly, reached out to The Rock for a special appearance. His appearance has not been confirmed, but is a possibility.
    test
  2. Revanon

Revanon Comeback of the Year.

it would be nice...but it's got to be memoriable.
    test
  3. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Steve Austin appearing isn't special.

If the Rock even appears it'll be a pre-taped or "satellite" appearance most likely. I can't really imagine the guy traveling to the arena to crash the building and appear in the flesh in front of a live crowd.

If somehow he does show up at the place, the moment will be quite memorable, but if he doesn't... if he doesn't even appear on the show at all (aside from previously recorded footage marking his history) then I'd settle for Santino Marella to come on the screen and do his Rock impersonation.
    test
  4. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

they contact the rock everytime they have a major event.. what's new?
    test
  5. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

they need to get shawn stasiak
    test
  6. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

They need to get Gillberg.
    test
  7. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Apparently there's a feeling that Rock could actually make an appearance now without hurting his movie star image, so it's actually a slight possibility. Still wouldn't count on it though.
    test
  8. Machilles

Machilles If you want a God

Yeah, I wouldn't count on it. Even if it happened, it wouldn't be too great since he isn't sticking around.

But I'd say it's definitely possible, because he promoted his last movie between RAW. He clearly isn't too concerned about his ties to wrestling.
    test
  9. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

if they promoted him as a movie star.. instead of an ex wrestler.. he probably wouldnt have a problem with it.

call him by his real name and let him come out like a celeb appearance and not a wrestler.. regardless.. i dont see why he cares.. he's the shit since he made it in both business

he should be proud.

id jump out of my chair if they brought back people like lesnar & goldberg
    test
  10. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

fuck lesnar and goldberg

Stasiak needs to be brought back
    test
  11. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

Goldberg won't return without Hugh Morris.
    test
  12. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

everybody who returns needs a segment with santino as far as im concerned....

santino would call him the the pebble and try 2 do the eyebrow. than rock would say something funny about santinos mickey mouse tatts and than history in the making
    test
  13. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

The Rock would ask Santino if he likes pie, and then realize that he likes pizza pie.
    test
  14. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

im convinced you know nothing about wrestling.. stone cold not a big deal?

and edge returning for the 4th time in 1 year is [funny]
    test
  15. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Never said Austin wouldn't draw, therefore I never said it wasn't a big deal. And isn't this like Austin's 10th time returning this year? It's damn well up there, he's made more appearances this year than the amount of times that Edge has returned. That's why I said it isn't special. He just came back and did that stuff with Santino, who's been plugging Austin's movie every week for quite a while, keeping his name on television. And Edge returning is a big deal since he's actually a solid main eventer who still wrestles and has more to offer the company in terms of making the product better on a consistent basis, which is especially better for Smackdown.
    test
  16. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

"Steve Austin appearing isn't special".

memento ^

and steve austin has done more in one of his good years than edge has done in his career.. you young punks need to learn respect.
    test
  17. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

ric flairs career > 99 percent of the wwe locker room
    test
  18. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

edge return> austin 1millionth return appearance where he says nothing new, stuns some1, drinks and walks out to return 3-6 months later

anythingelse is a lie
    test
  19. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

What does that have to do with anything? Have you even read what I wrote? Obviously not, because if you even scan through it you'll see that I gave you the reason why I said it isn't special, and also in a way restated that it isn't special.

Maybe I should rephrase and try to get you to understand that first line. I never said that Steve Austin isn't a big deal, that he won't draw in viewers or help ratings in anyway, I simply said this: Steve Austin appearing on an episode of Raw is not special. He's appeared on WrestleMania, he appeared at the Hall of Fame ceremony to induct Jim Ross, he's appeared on Saturday Night's Main Event twice, he's appeared on Raw several times, he's done a movie that warrants his face being all over Raw and Smackdown and ECW, he's had hype put into his DVD, keeping his name on television, having an encounter with Santino Marella as recent as November (last month!), it's not like he wouldn't be expected to appear on the 15th Anniversary edition of Raw anyway, he'll most likely (obviously) appear on the Tribute to the Troops again that will air on Christmas Eve. You're trying to say that Steve Austin appearing is special, like it's just as or more special than The Rock appearing, or Y2J returning. Austin is and will always be a big deal, but at this moment in time, him making an appearance on Raw doesn't cut the mustard as "special." Have I cleared up my short, non-misleading statement for your deaf ears yet?

And as for you bigging up Steve Austin, you're likely talking about Stone Cold Steve Austin, whereas he was practically my favorite wrestler, aside from Bret Hart, when he was Stunning Steve Austin. So calling me a young punk who needs to learn some respect is one of the most asinine statements that you could EVER make in your life when referring to Austin's career. I didn't have to backorder any tapes or go to Youtube to see classic bouts he had prior to WWF, I made my own tapes of what was then being broadcast as current.

And don't think that was long, I didn't even waste a breath on you yet.
    test
  20. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Ric Flair's survival of a plane crash > 99% of wrestling fan's lives. I'm proud to say I fall into the other 1%.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.