Stephan A Said Marion for MVP

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by ProFane, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Truest post in this thread.

Eric Snow's form is prettier than his.

Remember Anthony Mason for the Knicks? He still holds the title for ugliest free throw shooter in league history. [funny]
    test
  2. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

actually i only posted this thread to get a rise outta the Marion haters. i dont really think Marion is the MVP of the league. BUT i do think he deserves to be in the talks for it. he's had one hell of a year. i dont think his success is directly linked to Steve Nash i think his success comes from his work ethic and talent. Steve Nash is benifiting from having Marion just as much as Marion is from having Steve.

most the shit i posted in this thread was tongue and cheek ment to overreact to what Steven A said. ya'll just jump down someones shit with the quickness. lol

the reason i post in this forum alot now is because i noticed that people make good cases for there arguements. i like to have a good discussion on sports.
    test
  3. Ur_Boy_Pos

Ur_Boy_Pos New Member

stephen a. is a decent analyst at best. he just out there sayin dumb sh!t. if theres an angle dat gives him a chance to talk sh!t, he'll take it. shawn marion a very good player and has a very significant role with the suns. but, honestly, steve nash plays a big role in how well marion is doin this year....think bout it: before nash arrived marion was on da trading block. since nash arrived, he made stoudamire an MVP contender, made da suns win tons of games, made a bunch of players have career highs in pts. this year w/o losing a beat from last year. doesnt any of this sound like a pattern? nash has facilitated da game for marion. marion is good but dont get it twisted on who is da mvp on dat team.
    test
  4. Ur_Boy_Pos

Ur_Boy_Pos New Member

oh, my mvps are....

1. steve nash
    2. elton brand
    3. dwayne wade
    4. dirk nowitzki
    5. lebron james

- i dont know who someone could take out of this list to insert marion
    test
  5. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Wade over LeBron?

You're definately from Miami.
    test
  6. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

i think marion deserves consideration. But as of know he doesnt get in my top 5.

A wise man once said if you cant vote him number 1 he doesnt deserve a vote.

as of now my top 5 is..

1. wade
    2. bron
    3. dirk
    4. nash
    5. brand
    test
  7. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

Steven A says plenty of stupid things...
    test
  8. G-Rob da great

I've got Nash with LeBron as runner up.

Nash, it goes without saying. Games like the one where he was shutout in New Jersey and Phoenix had easily their worst game of the season shows his impact to an even further degree.

LeBron--I'll admit, I didn't even have LeBron in my top 3 a month ago- but LeBron was on a fuckin tear through the month of march and winning ballgames. As you all know, March and April are the most important months of the year and we've seen time and time again where the MVP race can be basically decided in the last few weeks of the season.

I think Wade is third, he's also been on a tear since the all star break- but he arguably has the most talent on his team out of the three.. I just don't think you can say he's more valuable to the Heat than Nash is to Phoenix and LeBron is to Cleveland. Even if you say Wade is a better PLAYER than LeBron, it's a hard argument to make when talking about his value. Especially with LeBron having a great shot to get 50 wins or more, he *could* have the record that MVP canidates are accustomed to having.

Then rounding out my top 5.. Dirk and EB.

Then maybe Kobe after that.
    test
  9. double ML

double ML Guest

that heat/cavs game today was dope

both lebron & wade tore it up
    test
  10. Iceodu921

the nash dickriders r pissing me off
    test
  11. Sirius Lee

Sirius Lee u unno me!

last time i checked, kobe was still playin
    test
  12. G-Rob da great

I'm not a Nash dickrider.. I could give two fucks about the Suns- I don't even think Nash is the best point guard. I'm just spitting reality.. I'd hope LeBron wins MVP, but he won't. I'm a realist before anything.
    test
  13. Iceodu921

so its not ur opinion that nash will win just wat u think?
    test
  14. G-Rob da great

No, in my opinion he is and I think he will.

He's the favorite at this point.

But if you were referring to me as a Nash dickrider, I'm far from it. Why would I be on Nash's dick when my favorite team has a MVP canidate of it's own?
    test
  15. double ML

double ML Guest

nash is the best PG this yr, as he was last yr

but in the span of the last decade, the best PG has been jason kidd
    test
  16. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

I think the MVP is Elton Brand. im so very suprised at how little love he's gotten. he took a team no one even cared about and turned em into a contender. also i think Tim Duncans getting the Shaq treatment now. Timmy is a huge role in the spurs success but because he always does it no one even thinks about him anymore like they did for shaq a few years back.

my list goes.

EB
    Duncan
    Nash
    Wade
    Lebron
    Marion
    Dirk
    test
  17. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

yeah so is Iverson. were not talking about who's the most talented in the league. cuz then we would be talking about Kobe, Iverson, Peirce, etc........
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.