Static???

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by B. Ave. Beats, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B. Ave. Beats

B. Ave. Beats New Member

I've never had this problem before but once I moved I started getting static from my monitors when anything comes from the stock soundcard but when I do a Pro Tools session the static isn't there.

How can I fix this problem?

It's real annoying when I'm trying to make a beat using Reason and all I hear is static so I don't know how the beat is really coming out.
    test
  2. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

Ok, this almost has to be an issue with your stock soundcard.. electronics are prone to getting damaged when being moved, so that may be the issue.. My question to you is why are you using your stock card with reason? You should be shipping reason through your pro tools interface to your monitors.. set your audio in reason to use your pro tools interface.. you should only be using your stock card for other applications like IE explorer.. media players.. etc.. so that should provide a temporary fix to your reason results, as for your stock card it may need to be replaced.. chances are re-seating the soundcard in the pci slot migh fix your problem.. may have just gotten loose.. if you need further assistance just shoot me an email. Roushy1@gmail.com best of luck.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.