Static electricity and shopping..

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

When it comes to groceries, I prefer to shop in a local chain of hypermarkets. Not because of patriotism, nor the fact that I used to be a substantial shareholder, but because amongst many Friday/Sunday grocery runs it almost feels like buying from yourself.

The point is, that this specific chain seems the most "comfortable". What makes a hypermarket, more or less "comfortable", I don't exactly know. Is it the overall setting, organization of shelves, is it the smell, people, the light, I don't know.

But slowly I'm going to go there just out of curiosity and habit, as they managed to fit a conditional reflex. Anything I touch makes me feel a sudden hit of static electricity. After trying to reach for anything, I'm punished with electric shock.

The method of "conditional reflex" is greatly successful in raising dogs. Apparently it's successful even with quitting smoking or eating chocolate. Now it's used by a hypermarket so that one wouldn't buy Ego. I'm speaking about yogurt.

It's about time, they's He had time they took care of grounding of their shelves, otherwise I'm migrating to the less good, but also less electrical hypermarket.
    test
  2. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

test
  3. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

Grocery shopping is the bane of my existence. I literally hate grocery shopping... if feels like the biggest possible waste of 45 minutes of my life EVER. Hypermarkets only make it that much worse, because I'm bombarded with that much more shit I don't need to buy. I can easily spend over an hour cruising the aisles, discovering more and more useless shit to load into my cart. "New Car" scented toilet paper?? Hmm... sounds interesting *throws it in the cart*. Sushi pizza?? Oh, hell yeah!!... definitely gotta try that shit! *slam dunks it in the basket*

F.M.L.

The best thing I ever discovered was online shopping. Now, I get the bulk of my organic produce, artisan groceries and free-range, grass-fed meats delivered weekly straight from the farm to my doorstep (Organic Produce Delivery - Order Online - Full Circle). More artichokes. Less deep fried tuna roll pizza... in a fraction of the time.

Internet = Best. Invention. Ever.
    test
  4. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

I absolutely LOVE grocery shopping. Not because of the purchasing, but because I find it to be a relaxing experience. Weird, I know.

Unless, of course, my husband is with me, then I deal with the 'are you done yet?' comments and feel rushed.
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

That's why I always make a list of "need to get" to make myself look like I'm proper, and in a way it takes my attention away from all the goodies that would leave the store with me otherwise.

The only thing I've stopped from doing is remembering the floor plan of where everything is placed, since the hypermarket managers decided to switch things every two or three months. By the time I got used to the placement, it got re-done. :/

For the 1st time I can say that this is the one and only year where I'm not growing my own veggies, and am dealing with buying them from the store. Complete and utter nightmare. We do have the option of buying eko/bio veggies, which sadly don't come from our farmers but from stores. We also had an option of getting groceries via online shopping, but to few of us were taking advantage of that, so the company decided to shut that down.

The only time I don't like grocery shopping is when holiday season is inflicted upon us. Especially during Christmas/New Years. Too many people, so little patience. :scared:

:dead: @ "are you done yet". Sounds vaguely familiar.
    test
  6. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

Agreed. But not so much because it's busy, I find people are soooo ignorant/rude during those times. That's where I lose my patience.
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

^That and parents who let their kids run around between the aisles rampant.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.