Stalking vs Pursuing

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Ignorant, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Wow, so there is no such thing as pursuit these days?

Gone are the days of chivalrous courtship... sending flowers to the job, secret admirer type shit, sending notes, etc.

Brothers can't do anything without being labeled a stalker... and women wonder why dudes don't approach anymore.

I think the case you mentioned, tights, is indeed stalking. I would never follow a woman home.
    test
  2. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

Nah, there's still such a thing as pursuit these days... men still approach and pursue women all the time. They just need to recognize boundaries. Some of that stuff we see in movies is not very practical in real life, and shouldn't be followed.
    test
  3. Hash Seeds

Hash Seeds New Member

I think someone already said it but I remember chris rock during a stand up routine said "sexual harrassment is when an ugly dude tries to get some"

so with that said, I don't think a man that majority of women find attractive will ever be brought up for a sexual harrassment suit.
    test
  4. B. Fury

B. Fury Active Member

test
  5. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I get the gist of this argument, but I think that's simplifying it a bit... some women really are professional in their work and don't want to be harassed at all, no matter how good-looking the guy is... believe me, I've tried... he he... j/k... but seriously, I think the more accurate assessment would be if the two are already friends and chummy with each other, then there is sometimes some accepted sexual innuendo between the two... but you can't just assume that a random cute guy can come up to a woman at the job and start being fresh without her being taken aback or offended, especially if she's a woman of dignity.

Another point though, I think women can be guilty of sexual harrassment by dressing too provocatively in the workplace and/or being overly flirtacious. Some places have dress codes, but a lot of women stretch those boundaries all the time. I think some sexual harrassment policies actually make this distinction, too.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.