split workouts...how do you roll?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by identity-X, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

I was wondering how you all that do split workouts split up your exercises. I'm curious...do you group "push" exercises together (chest & tri's), "pull" exercises together (back & bi's) or do you do opposing muscle groups (chest/back, bi's/tri's)? What are the positves of doing each? Where do shoulders come in...arm days? Front shoulder on "push" days and rear shoulder on "pull" days?

discuss...
    test
  2. RedIye

RedIye New Member

Well, most experienced body builders will tell you "1 major muscle group per workout". Back, shoulders, arms, chest and core excercizes on seperate workouts. Its hard to get a good shoulder workout after you've spent 45mins - 1hour working on your back.

The problem with this though is, realisticly, not everyone is able to make it to the gym 4 - 5x a week. So, I group back/shoulders then arms/chest together and do core excersizes like abs/squats after each workout on a slow intensity.
    test
  3. identity-X

squats everyday? interesting.

currently, I do arms/shoulders, chest/back, and dedicate and entire day to legs. I just wasn't sure if it would make sense to split the arms up...tri's with chest (since the tri's compliment so many chest exercises...also throw in front/middle delts here?), bi's with back (ditto...also throw in rear delts/traps here) and then still dedicate a day for legs.

thanks for your input
    test
  4. Smile

Smile New Member

Monday: Month A: Chest + Triceps
    Month B: Chest + Biceps

Weds.: Month A: Shoulders
    Month B: Shoulders + Triceps

Fri.: Month A: Back + Biceps
    Month B: Chest + Back
    test
  5. identity-X

what's your rational for such a split?
    test
  6. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I've never done a 3 day split, but I'm about to start this week. I'm looking at different 3 days on bodybuilding sites. I'll post which one I choose.
    test
  7. Smile

Smile New Member

Ok...

If I'm doing Strength

I warmup light with 10 reps... than 3 sets of 5 reps

Of course I aim for 5 reps.... sometimes I add more weight and shit and can't do 5 probably 3 or 4

example:

Bench: Warmup 225 12 times

Than I put on 285-290 (last time I was doin low reps) and try to do it 5 reps

If I'm doin normal...

I warmup light with 12 reps... than I do 5 sets...

10, 8,

The other 3 sets I add weight of course and do as many as I can

Than for 6th set (i lied about 5) I put on warmup weight and do that 'til failure
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.