~Southern Cawntry (Country)~

Discussion in 'Poetry Realm' started by Mind~$oul, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

By the way, Misspimp says

"i loved the way the piece flowed...the style made it easy to run with....besides that the message and concept were the best parts....very very very nice shit!!"

straight from her...
    test
  2. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

When I say they I mean people in who got on the south in general, not just people from the north. I'm not a subliminal type writer(I suck at that shit anyway). So I come straight foward with my point as much as possible ya know?

It may seem like majority of southern music/videos just talk about hoes, cars, and money. But that's mostly the mainstream southern cats. Hell majority of all mainstream artist just about talk about that shit, ya know?

I guess what i'm trying to say is dont judge an entire region by what you see on the mainstream. I can easily say that about any other region myself. But I know there's other cats out there talking about some real shit. Snoop be having hoes in his videos...Nelly has hoes in his videos, Jay-Z done had some hoes, and then we got people in the south like Lil John who put hoes in they shit. That's all the regions not Just 1. See where i'm gettin at?

But I appriecate you puttin in the time to read this piece and droppin your thoughts. Much luv
    test
  3. Bhitiah

Bhitiah Powerful Scriptures

"i'm part of
    a hopeless
    cause...
    tip toe'n behind
    my dreams...
    i accidentally lost...
    when i really
    lost god...
    part of an generation
    that's has been
    brain washed..."
    test
  4. misspimp

misspimp a.k.a KATURAH

Xero already said what i had to say....loved this...uppin

mad love
    test
  5. quotive

quotive 3

Lloyd Banks is far from whack...

And cool piece, I chose not to reply to this for a reason... I'm very passionate when it comes to hip hop, and I hate the south, so go figure.

But it was cool.
    test
  6. Xero Satsujin

As far as Loyd Banks bein whack, it's a matter of personal taste's. "If I don't like it, I don't like it. That don't mean that I'm hatin"-Common
    test
  7. quotive

quotive 3

Yes, I do know...
    test
  8. lpoet

lpoet POET

i really thought this was one of maliks best pieces...he showed a lot of growth and deserves more replies to this...the least u fools could do is not argue back and forth in his damn piece...
    test
  9. Xero Satsujin

"AHH SHADAP!"-Bugs Bunny
    test
  10. Subconcious

Subconcious CiPrIoLa DyNaStY

I liked the way this was written...It was nothing I could normally relate to but with your skill I was able to understand it well.

^^^ Luv
    test
  11. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

Yeah this was nice, something I haven't seen from you before, very good. The entire flow and what was being said, its not talked about often enough. Continue on with this.
    -Peace
    test
  12. Craccer_Jacc

Craccer_Jacc SudAnillyst

talented piece .... i admit i dont really care for rap music much anymore especially southern rap but this is definetly referring to much more then juss music ... good read..peace
    test
  13. nathedawg

nathedawg New Member

just givin you ups on this piece b/c you are the shizel my nizel!! jking everybody should lighten up a little i understood completely what this poem was about, Shibaby took offense to it as if she is the spokesperson for the north!!! or somethin, anyway good shit dawg,
    just one question, somebody replied to my piece that so happened to be on the second page and it in turn was bumped to the first page which i already had two pieces on. One of my pieces was closed, is there anyway around this, just wondering peace out
    test
  14. Shibaby

Shibaby betcha dollar i can do it

blah blah blah.....he's writing like he's a spokesperson for the south.....blah blah blah go to sleep. im done.
    test
  15. Clarksvegas_Dan

Clarksvegas_Dan Registered Voter

I'm totally feeling you on this one. I'm from the south for sure, so yeah I like a lot of southern rap. Hell, it's the first kindof rap I listened to. like you said there is some crappy rap comin from every region, and it's been my experience that the best lyricists from everywhere are underground, at least in the beginning. I love rap but I've just about givin up on videos. I spend more time avoiding the ones I don't like than watching the ones I do. Anyways, a couple of the parts that I really felt were the part about the brainwashed generation, which is not just an opinion it's a certifiable fact, and what you said about they wont let u listen 2 Tupac, cause I know how that feels, and I think its f'd up cause, at least 2 me, he is the greatest rapper(or as he would say the "realest") anyways I'd like to leave this with a quote from "Paid Dues" by eightball & mjg. I could remember/ in the past/ closin down in fast food/ strictly stickin to my dreams/ feelin like I'd be the last dude/ who could make it in this rap/ I thought the thang gon see me in Memphis/ it was like a time they looked over Tennessee/and didn't know hip-hop was in it later.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.