Sources of protein other than meat..

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by ThisMiss, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

I've been doing the "semi-vegetarian" thing for awhile where I only ate chicken and fish but I'm going to become a real vegetarian... so help me out.. and I don't like protein shakes, I like to actually chew my food.
    test
  2. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

I despise lending a helping hand as I love meat and I think it's crazy when people don't want to eat meat, mankind never would have developed the brains we have without meat.

Best sources of protein without meat is legumes and nuts.
    test
  3. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

beans.
    soy proteins.
    test
  4. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

I've been reading a ton of articles about how it reduces women's risks for cancer and heart attack and heart disease...plus I'm going to be a veterinarian... and I just can no longer bare to eat meat.
    test
  5. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

I think a lot of that is very biased information, probably written by vegetarians?

I think the main culprits behind heart attacks and heart disease are sugars and simple carbohydrates.

But good luck with it, you may try it and not like it, or you may love it. I hope you hate it and end up devouring a steak. Meat for the win!
    test
  6. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

I also think it's a disgrace how the human population is consuming resources, especially meat, at an alarming rate. We've perfected the art of over-harvesting.
    test
  7. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

yea lets eat more animals, no seriously.

other than meat you can eat eggs and milk. theres powders too. if you think youre gonna get it any other way good luck.

i dont like vegetarians, why do you care so much what we do to animals like they give a shit about you. go back to prehistoric times and convince a sabertooth tiger to eat blueberries instead of you.
    test
  8. Got Life?

lmfao @ that...shit...go find a bengal tiger even in the zoo and try to get it to eat blueberries instead of mauling you...

no need for a time machine.
    test
  9. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

I like animals a lot more than I like people.
    test
  10. Got Life?

that sounds healthy.
    test
  11. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

I love eating animals but heres the trick, you force feed them other animals first that way you get more bang for the buck.
    test
  12. Got Life?

A Turducken is a dish consisting of a partially de-boned turkey stuffed with a de-boned duck, which itself is stuffed with a small de-boned chicken.

yum.
    test
  13. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

eggs
    milk
    fish
    soybeans
    peas
    peanuts
    grains
    legumes
    veggies
    seeds

the stuff towards the top of the list has the best protein quality, lower the worse. of course eggs are the best because they contain all required amino acids. this could have been said already in the thread, i didnt read it but if not, there you go
    test
  14. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

youll probaly have a lot of cats later in life.

christ, people ARE animals. and guess what? you would never have evolved high enough to have that pitying conscious of yours hadnt our cave ancestors devoured animals to acquire the nutrients nesecary to propel our evolution to where it is today. i just want you to know that by not eating quality meat you are slowing if not reversing evolution and progress as the human species. im glad you think saving some fucking chicken is worth more than curing cancer.
    test
  15. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

its not like that though man.

shit i love some animals more than a lot of people too. my dog being one of them.

when people kill animals to eat them, thats one thing.

when animals are bred just to be slaughtered and live in shit conditions until they are killed in horrible ways and put away and sold as meat, thats a different thing.

i'm not saying i'm a vegetarian, but i totally understand their reasons.

personally, i totally disagree with the maltreatment of animals who are slaughtered for food, but i feel if they are going to be put on the shelves whether i eat them or not, i might as well eat them. plus they taste delish.
    test
  16. Got Life?

that's the only valid statement in all of that.
    test
  17. 93camary

93camary New Member

a

a protein shake cause your body will digest it faster before you go work out
    test
  18. Thoughtz

Thoughtz Well-Known Member

god I just wanna be a jerk and say "jizz is a good source of protein, Chelsea" but I just don't have it in me to be mean to you..........

but I heard jizz is a good source of protein, Chelsea.
    test
  19. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

Well shit, I'm good then.
    test
  20. Got Life?

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.