***Soundscan Results For October 17 2006*** Cryme Tyme=hit debut, MVP=flops

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Toucan_Sam1, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toucan_Sam1

Toucan_Sam1 aka 2can Shakur

lol white guy voice "yo yo It's TIME for Cryme TIME"

i like these guys, albeit the mad 50 cent stereotype, still nice to see more color up in RAW

unfortunately for MVP, who some people on this board thought was the "next big thing", his debut turned out to be a horrid Flex Kavana-esque situation

let's hope he pulls a rocky maiva huh

*cheers on montell jordan pontavius mobius porter*
    test
  2. XsldZ

XsldZ New Member

this thread should be moved to Hip Hop Central

...because CRYME TYME will definitely bring hip hop cred to the WWE
    unlike some suburban bostonian rapper posers who he himself likened Kevin Federline to have "John Cena like cred".

CRYME TYME is the next BIG THING to hit the WWE

too bad Raw has no real tag team division like DX stated but who knows Cryme Tyme will be a fkn hit

BROOKLYN BROOKLYN
    test
  3. The Requiem

The Requiem New Member

cryme tyme are great
    test
  4. KroniK

KroniK R.I.P. U

test
  5. Toucan_Sam1

^ sex pred, watch out
    test
  6. KroniK

KroniK R.I.P. U

lol nah just sounds familiar n/m
    test
  7. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

w
    t
    f

i saw cryme time for the first time the other day and i felt a sharp sting in my cheeks after the smack in the face i felt like i received.
    test
  8. Who Kares

Who Kares not even your mother

their fucking annoying and gay...fuck them
    test
  9. Jay Bones

Jay Bones New Member

Anybody who thinks Cryme Time is good for hip-hop doesn't belong listening to rap in the first place. It's an awful sterotype clearly written by someone who has no clue about the culture. Between Cena's rap album/gimmick, Federline's appearance, and this, it's pretty obvious wrestling don't know shit about hip-hop. That "Cryme Time" shit is lame.

I think Vince McMahon pretty much showed his extreme ignorance to me when he commented on the WWE.com interview about Cryme Time being similiar to "the whole "Kill Whitey" thing." Saying it was just supposed to be something funny and ridicilous.
    test
  10. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

^ I wouldn't be surprised if JTG and Shad actually took part in creating the characters themselves. That seems to be happening a lot lately with Eugene and the Spirit Squad and what not.
    test
  11. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

yeah true..i think that's a way that some of these younger guys are getting put on especially if it's in a tag team format

i'm waiting for them to call up Deuce and Domino though.
    test
  12. Toucan_Sam1

Anyone who doesn't think Cryme Time is trill is a complete wanker.
    test
  13. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

its an image perpetuated by the people who are dominating the charts right now..so really how much of a stereotype is it? that's the thing. it's not just a stereotype, there are indeed a SHITLOAD of rappers who behave exactly like this. i'm not pissed because it's a stereotype, i'm pissed that they feel the need to exploit this behavior.
    test
  14. Toucan_Sam1

Just because they are re-inforcing stereotypes doesn't mean it's not entertaining.
    test
  15. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

very valid point....as a black man its kinda upsetting that vince prolly has these views for black people but i still find it funny though.....

cryme tyme should go to vince's office lay on his couchs...."F*ck Yo couch nigga, F*ck yo couch" lmao
    test
  16. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Now that ^^^^ would be hilarious.

I think Cryme Tyme is wack and doesn't sit right with me. And I was real annoyed when HBK was talking to them and was like "fa shizzle ma nizzle, what the dizzle". Seems almost borderline racist. How would white people react to a group of country singers called Incest Boyz?

Of course McMahon is not stupid enough to throw low key insults at his core audience.
    test
  17. E. Fate

E. Fate Guest

I love how you kids pretend to know shit about the business you comment on. Vince and Company did NOT create the gimmick for Cryme Tyme. Just like the Boogeyman, the people playing the characters created the gimmick themselves and got themselves over enough for Vince and his creative team to take notice.

Ya'll need to stop acting so God damn high and mighty and acting like the shit Cryme Tyme is doing is NOT something you see every day. Niggaz act like that on the street everyday, what makes WWE above using the stereotype when its portrayed on a daily basis?

As for MVP, knowing WWE - I had a feeling that would've been the direction they took him. I stand behind the fact that Banks is in fact a talented worker, but until he's given the chance to show that - he has to work with the gimmick given to him.
    test
  18. E. Fate

E. Fate Guest

And although they don't have a group called "Incest Boyz", WWE is known for the stereotypes it portrays of Rednecks (Cade & Murdoch, Jamie Noble back in the day, hell, even Jimmy Wang Yang now), and Samoans (See Rikishi, Meng, and hell, even Umaga today.)

Like I said, get up off the fuckin high horse and just enjoy the shit for what it is, entertainment not to be taken seriously.
    test
  19. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Well, my problem is really with the name, not the characters at all. I just feel it implies that any black person who is influenced by rap is a criminal. Would the audience respond well if Cena was named "Wiggero" or "The Great Wannabe"? There would be an uproar. The characters are fine, the name bugs me.
    test
  20. BilCosbynDZK

BilCosbynDZK www.myspace.com/techomega

YO I LOVE CRIME TYME...their good wrestlers and their fucking entertaining..plus its nice to see more color enlisted in wwe just like the guy above stated

bobby lashley is the champ...and crime tyme is due to win the tag titles
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.