Soundproofing

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by CMagic, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMagic

CMagic That Suburbs Cr-cka

I did some research on here but nothing very helpful on soundproofing. I have a very small bedroom where i am building my studio at and other people i live with. I work midnights so alot of the time my recording needs to be done either early in the afternoon or even when i get done in the morning. I also have plenty of very close neighbors.

Is there a way to completly soundproof a room? is there a cheap and effective way? or is it very expensive and not very effective no matter what? Give me some tips. Thank You.
    test
  2. CMagic

CMagic That Suburbs Cr-cka

29 views no replies? whats the biz?
    test
  3. slvicick

slvicick New Member

test
  4. twdIDescipleI

twdIDescipleI New Member

hell yea thats expensive as fuck to do that
    test
  5. B. Ave. Beats

B. Ave. Beats New Member

Soundproofing is definitely expensive and shouldn't be done if you don't own the place. But you can treat the room as slvicick said.
    test
  6. Pete Wurthy

Pete Wurthy The Rap Mechanic

I would say that soundproofing the room completely would not be in the best interest for your sound. Sure, you want your room to be dry, but you don't want it to be so dry that it takes all the life out of the vocal. I spent around $200-300 on acoustic panels, and with the right placement, it will dramatically improve your sound. As far as your other family remembers, it needs to be expected when you're working with audio and mixing especially (where you need to listen to monitors etc. at full volume). If this bothers your other family members, I would pick another spot to build your studio.
    test
  7. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

The soundproofing you're talking about would be super expensive.. it's one thing to create dead air or an isolation booth with propper placement of sound treatment materials to improve the sound quality of your recordings.. it's another thing to make the room soundproof to others in close proximity... you're talking decoupling the walls making new interier walls with soundproofing materials used as insulation and then using abosorbant material like carpet on the walls ceiling and floor.. I say.. screw the neighbors.. and don't expect to get sleep in a house living with a rapper / producer etc..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.