Soundcard for a laptop? ( home recording studio)

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by heroinhav, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heroinhav

heroinhav New Member

Hey guys I used to have a desktop with a delta 44 soundcard and I believe it'll only work for a desktop. I'm about to get a high speed HP laptop to replace my studio computer and I was wondering what the hell is used for laptops for soundcards?

I am getting rhode NTK and Grace 101 and if I remember correctly I need the interface that my soundcard had in order to hook up the speakers, headphones and mic all the same time. What is good for a laptop around the same price as a Delta 44? Or is a new soundcard even necessary. Please let me know!

Also: If you reccomend a better set up then the grace 101 rhode ntk combo that's relatively around the same price let me know.

I will be using this set up strictly for : recording vocals (hip hop) and video editing.
    test
  2. Temp_Guest2

Temp_Guest2 Dope Lyricist/Producer

Could use an Mbox or Fast track. Or perhaps an express card (Soundblaster X fi)
    test
  3. TruestPain

TruestPain C.E.O of Rho' Wylin' Reco

Glad you asked this, because I was wondering the same thing... if a laptop can do just as much OR more than a desktop could as far as making your studio more "portable" as I would call it.
    test
  4. BullyBeats

BullyBeats New Member

Get the Fast Track Pro. It's a good all rounder but if you do get it, don't even bother to install the drivers that come with it. Go Str8 to the website and get the latest drivers.

The preamps are OK but you need to have them cranked all the way up. I love the master volume control and separate headphone control cause thats how I monitor my beats. It's got midi too and the latency through that is 5ms which aint bad.
    test
  5. naimdj62

naimdj62 New Member

I want an auxiliary sound card device for my laptop to give me, at bare minimum, one line of stereo line-in capability.Portable PC card design is great for laptops; supports Dolby Digital EX and DTS-ES 6.1 decoding; 7.1-channel output; 24-bit/192KHz output for two-channel DVD-Audio sources; THX certified.
    test
  6. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

test
  7. blitz204

blitz204 BlitzBeats.com

check out the Fire wire
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.