SoulKhan = overrated?

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by r00k_is_rap, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrishansen

chrishansen Well-Known Member

The biggest letdown in the history of battle rap is Soul Khan's thorough and extended ducking of Michael Anthony Flamez the king of battle rap. Soul Kahn is trying to make a trudge through the gangster rap bottom tier and isn't even willing to ascend to the throne of gangster rap battlers? You are telling me battling in New York in a white tuxedo holds the same weight as stepping foot in to the treacherous locale of Glass City? Really?

If Soul Khan seriously thinks beating J. Fox - king of Stockton 28-inch tube televisions and blamming the blickey is even close to as quality an accomplishment as facing the gawd emcee - he is sadly mistaken. Soul Khan would have the power to take Michael Flamez to the URL stage and show an entire demographic about the powers of a Glass City soldier, or HE could expand his fanbase by taking his talents to Glass City and seeing if the wolves respect his craft.

Now will the wolves of Glass City appreciate the words of Soul Khan, King of the Jewish Community Center, that aforementioned statement cannot be answered. But now that Soul Khan has basically cemented his ducking of Mike Flamez to be a dent on his battle rap career - we shall never know.

Shame on you, Soul Khan. You had a chance to be a legend.
    test
  2. Elaquent

Elaquent Gill Breathing

rofl
    dead @ 28 inch tube televisions
    test
  3. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop this ainta pageant pimpin

Of course he is overrated. People have been on his nuts hardcore ever since the Deacon Frost battle. Go watch his old battles, same lines.... zero reaction because this shit is just a whos popular at the moment contest... has about 10% to do with your actual bars or rapping.

And yea the 2 bar setup / joke style is cringeworthy and it isnt even rapping.

Id say soul is about 35.6% as good as he thinks he is.

and for the record, why do you rap in that voice? We've heard you talk and you clearly sound nothing like that
    test
  4. Sleazy-E

Sleazy-E amsterdam!

hes been overrated for a while now imo, hes good but.. not THAT good
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop this ainta pageant pimpin

oh yea and lets not forget soul bitched out after talking hella shit to warbux.
    test
  6. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

im soul khan mothafucka! look at my hand, I got a file! Im soul khan! who are you?
    test
  7. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

Soul Khan is one of the few stereotypical nerdy white battlers who's battles I can enjoy.
    test
  8. SpellBound

SpellBound New Member

All in one mix, fam?
    test
  9. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

how u gonna call soul khan overrated then prattle off a bunch of overrated muhfuckas...u sir have succumb to jealously.
    test
  10. TheUnbannableOn

TheUnbannableOn He Who Bodied The Don

He's definitely top 10, probably top 5 active. I disagree with Sk's analysis of himself as only having Diz and Hollow being competition though.

Battlers I think could give Khan a draw (or even a decisive loss) besides Diz or Hollow
    --Illmaculate. Khan's "I'm more successful" approach wouldn't have any effect here, his alpha-male or aggressor style wouldn't bully mac like it did Fresco or Deacon Frost. Illmaculate also has an un-fuck-withable flow. Last off, Mac would know to expect 3 rounds consisting in large part of short jokes.

--Iron Solomon. For most of the reasons above, minus the flow. I think this would be an INSANE fucking match. The Jewish version of Tantrum vs. Dumbfoundead. I think it should happen, especially if Solomon comes with the style he used against E. Ness.

--Pat Stay. I think Khan wins a LOT of matches on performance and stage-antics even moreso than his verses. I think Stay would equal the performance Khan would give, which would put it down to content. I think both would be equal, and I think Khan would have a hard time preparing for Stay, who would have the edge on natural swag and presence, in my opinion.
    test
  11. ville2ville

ville2ville Friendship SmileNet [=

god DAMN khan this tape GO HARD
    test
  12. Per$onal

Per$onal New Member

I've just recently started watching his battles and i've become a fan. Definitely top 10 active. However, I agree with the OP.

Right now he has some weaknesses that hold him back. He pauses a lot and says "hold it down" a million times as a crutch...even when the crowd isn't that loud..it's sometimes a little weird. Also, he incorporates too much jewish shit into his own lines....leave that to the opponents.

saurus, illmac, real deal, kid twist, solomon, pat stay, and a few others are still ahead of him. I'd say dirtbagdan also...because disregarding the battle they had with eachother, I think dirt has had a much more impressive resume, and he comes up with wittier angles. Still a SK fan though. I look forward to his battles
    test
  13. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

Dumb wants to battle Soul Khan he should take that one.
    test
  14. Shup Denzel

Shup Denzel dhalsim is a hoe nigga

if khan didn't have an ego, this thread wouldn't exist, neither would the other half of you whiny faggots. i have no idea why people think a battler can't be really good at it, and have an ego without being considered overrated.
    test
  15. Joey Clips

Joey Clips Well-Known Member

its just because hes rated so rediculously high that this is even a question...

is he overrated... maybe a little bit... hes not untouchable... but he is one of the best at what he does currently
    test
  16. pill grim

pill grim CHRONNIE SPARKO

i think i just came nh
    test
  17. Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo Well-Known Member

rook is rap shouldnt be allowed to make threads, first he wants to know about the saurus spouse then this, plus hes probably obese
    test
  18. TheUnbannableOn

TheUnbannableOn He Who Bodied The Don

TBH, that post seemed whinier than anything else mentioned in the thread. With "whiny" being so applicable, kinda makes a person wonder who the rest of your insult actually applies to as well, ya know?

As far as having an ego, there's a difference between deserving an ego, and being completely arrogant.

Even more importantly, there's a difference between DESERVING an oversized ego, and HAVING an oversized ego. Just because you deserve one, doesn't make it right to have one. Let's use another analogy. If you cheat on your girl 50 times, and she puts up with it, does she deserve to be able to cheat on you? Yea, she deserves it. It doesn't mean her doing it is the *RIGHT* thing to do. SK's ego is in the same ballpark. He's put in work, done lots of battles, put up with lots of bullshit and dedicated himself to the game quite a bit. He deserves the right to have a pretty big ego--doesn't mean it's right for him to air his ego out for everyone to see.
    test
  19. r00k_is_rap

r00k_is_rap Well-Known Member

I'm probably the best looking dude in this entire forum, not gunna lie. Now go run a lap chubby and you might find a girl.
    test
  20. r00k_is_rap

r00k_is_rap Well-Known Member

And this has NOTHING to do with SK's ego. All battlers do and should have an ego. Its the fan boys that truly believe he is elite. And he isn't (or hasn't) hit that level yet.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.