SoulKhan = overrated?

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by r00k_is_rap, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

rone i kno u be tootin backstage wit thug g's
    test
  2. ILLergicreaxion

ILLergicreaxion New Member

SK's approach and style are unparalelled, the fact thats his punches are filthy aside, his delivery is the reason he makes people look absolutely foolish... in regard to his flow and schemes in battles, they're perfect for battle rap nothing gets lost in his timing and emphasis... I mean if you're trying to hate cuz u dont enjoy that type of style thats one thing everyone's entitled to opinion but theres no denying that gimmicks/showmanship/swag whatever da fuck u wanna call it aside... this dude is nice hes got bars and he just knows how to precisely and creatively make someone feel like shit... thats the point of the battle... no matter which way you do it the object is belittle the shit out of ur opponent and the man is an artist in that regard.... and ps if you havent listened to his album and how his flow rocks over a beat you really shouldnt comment on his flow since clearly some scheme r meant for battle rap and others for albums...
    test
  3. Type_Z_480AZ

Type_Z_480AZ youtube.com/typezmusic

If you honestly believe this, kill yourself.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. teacozy

teacozy New Member

...so you're saying he's slutty?
    test
  5. Awethentec

Awethentec New Member

Lol... Mmmmkay... Gtfo man, everytime u post u make ur race look bad.
    test
  6. Marbles

Marbles New Member

how did that body you? Did you not see the Madness battle or are you simple enough to get "bodied" by the same thing twice.
    test
  7. Moltisanti

Moltisanti New Member

Naw I'm saying he disloyal and only care bout winning sacrificing his friends in the process

He left dirtbag in the cold and moved on to DNA for bigger fame

Then did this 5 times over and over

He ain't the definition if a true mc

He a fuckin snake a fuckin backstabber

At least sons stick together and ride or die

Soul khan picking partners go back to his Jewish roots this Nigga greedy

I'm glad he's retiring
    test
  8. Neanderthol

Neanderthol Well-Known Member

Its just inevitable that the person who everyone thinks is the best will be considered overrated by others but hes in beast mode right now.
    test
  9. teacozy

teacozy New Member

Con spent half of the Fox battle laughing at Khan's jokes and shaking his head the the worst batch of Fox's lines. Heartless kind of just stood there and was nowhere near as "ride or die" as any of the other crew members in the building, from Team Homi to DotMob and Cash Addicts.
    test
  10. Awethentec

Awethentec New Member

Ur too simple to see I was clowning. Dont talk to me... Ftw.
    test
  11. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

Yup.

Soul Khan's battle performances range from Solid to Amazing. On a good day he can shit on basically anyone. I think it's a good thing he's taking a break and focusing on his music because Soul Like Khan seems to have generated some buzz and he's obviously headed in a great direction musically.
    test
  12. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

lmao except that fox seems to be cool with tall t/cocky etc when they are constantly trying to jump qp or harass his girl on camera
    test
  13. Ayem

Ayem I Heart Myself

khan used to have way more intricate schemes with build up, but ask the man and he'll tell you himself.. he stopped doing it because viewers don't appreciate all of that.. they want setup/punch, setup/punch.. most of the viewers like their shit dumbed down and consider setups that go beyond one bar regardless of how relevant it is to the main punch.. to be filler

granted, he may feel differently about this now, if so, cool

is he overrated? no.. does he deserve someone huge to see exactly where he gauges on the level of battle rap supremacy? yes.
    test
  14. Top_Shelf_ENT

Top_Shelf_ENT Member

I truly feel where you're comin' from but let me ask you this... Did you consider doing that after the DNA battle...?? There's two ways you can approach a situation like that, either change your schemes or just make people accept the way you deliver your content, the latter is much harder but I think he handled it well. I guess my gripe is different from the original post but I def see what some of the other MCs are saying
    test
  15. realtalk101

realtalk101 Patriots>>>

soul is not overrated at all in my eyes
    test
  16. Pillsman

Pillsman Pill Collector

co-sign
    test
  17. Ayem

Ayem I Heart Myself

did i consider adding jokes? i already used jokes just not an abundance of them (my main gripe vs dna was my speed, i fixed that vs gsouldier).. i only did 2 battles after the dna one (g souldier and pariah).. i think if the joke is that stunning and standout (for example, y chromose with glitter) then it should be used and get proper reaction.. but if it's something corny (for example, you're so fat your blood type is ragu) then no no no, i cannot co-sign that!

as far as schemes, i think some mc's that have great schemes/build up are overlooked a lot and told we're too "filler-ish".. cobra ky, myself, troy brown, fresco, etc..

but with regards to this topic, no.. soul khan is NOT overrated.. some of his losses "by judges" i think he won.. but really, he can't go around battling people like deacon frost forever, give that man a shot before you say he's overrated.. give him a beast and see how that pans out..
    test
  18. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

I mean you could pick apart anyone's style and say they are overrated if you really wanted to

soul khan is a master at this battle shit even though every one of his battles might not be the greatest
    test
  19. Beyonder01

Beyonder01 1/6th of Bad Seedz

so true... i just started listening to battles a year ago and all i cared about was setup/punch

but now i find it lame and boring for the most part... like Soul's last battle vs Sensa i thought was boring as fuck (though he did have a few good lines)... a guy like Bender is what really interests me now... his bars are just crazy
    test
  20. Laugh N' Stalk

Laugh N' Stalk Well-Known Member

Soul's only had one top tier battle and that was against Madness, and he's been top tier for a while. If anything he's underrated.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.