SoulKhan = overrated?

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by r00k_is_rap, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r00k_is_rap

r00k_is_rap Well-Known Member

I don't know, call me the devil's advocate, but I think this hype about him is a little much...

I mean, he holds his own against tough opponents, and SK is definitely top tier, but I don;t see him as a dominant force.

When I think dominant...I think, Dizaster, Mook, Lux, Arsonal, Iron, Real Deal....I think Saurus/Illmac when they are on...Hollohan, Pat Stay...Again, I see him as a top battler, but not elite. Kinda in the Madness/Nocan/PH zone.

He has a typical set-up, punchline style. And his rapping is nothing intricate. I'll admit he picks some nice angles to battle his opponents with, but even that isn't anything spectacular. And spends most of his verses talking about how much more successful he is musically.

So when people say he's the best out there? I can't agree. I can't see a Soul Khan vs Diz, or a Soul Khan vs Hollow/Conceited...but I can see a Soul Khan vs Heartless. Does that make any sense?

Anyways, Im kinda just asking does anyone else see it my way? Or am I tripping? He's good and all, but bcuz hes had a couple decent battles in a row (which i feel he lost vs Sensa and would of lost vs Madness if he didnt stumble) people seemed to have jumped on his bandwagon hard. I just think it isnt warranted.

Discuss.
    test
  2. misterteenwolf

misterteenwolf Well-Known Member

calling someone the best is always debatable so i wont get into that but soul khan always wins his battles decisively (except for the sensa battle. i thought that was pretty even)
    test
  3. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

Honestly, you're tripping.
    test
  4. NeightDiesel

NeightDiesel New Member

I wasn't too impressed with his battle against Madness.
    And I think Sensa did get the W over him.
    But I can't really agree with you.
    I think SK can hang with anybody that is currently active.
    It seems like the only times he loses are when he doesn't come as tough as possible.
    like.. he takes some folks too lightly. And it backfires.
    test
  5. Awethentec

Awethentec New Member

Not the best but definitely a problem. Its warranted that ppl are finally getting on his bandwagon, dude is fairly consistent and almost always funny with decent to good presence.
    test
  6. Lyrikcha

Lyrikcha Dont Give a FUCK

First off khan is a dominant force...he's the only battle rapper I seen who ended careers..AC, Fox, deacon frost...dude body bagged those, beat madness, young zm, STD vicious, sensa, porich...I mean dam
    test
  7. buckfangs

buckfangs Active Member

to me he's top 10, not in my top 5 tho
    test
  8. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Pipe Buster

Heartless? He MURDERED QP & I don't see a gap between QP n Heartless... Khan > Con
    test
  9. teacozy

teacozy New Member

Tempted to re-title this "Soul Khan = Jewish?" to make it less predictable.
    test
  10. Top_Shelf_ENT

Top_Shelf_ENT Member

I'm sorry... In ways, I must agree. There are times where he's godlike, and times where he's corny. It's a strange mixture in a mc. Is he one of the best, yes, by far. I'm also sure there are a lot of battlers that refuse to battle him because he covers most angles the best. In the last couple of battles, they've been pretty predictable... the same 'I'm Soul Kahn, (fill in the blank), an impression of his opponent, and his 'Yeah, I'm Jewish' rebuttal. Don't get me wrong, his impressions are on point and give me a laugh from time to time(Tricky P to name one and prob his best imitation to date), but once it's done too many times, the angle gets played. Soul Kahn to me is like a great defensive team in sports, he doesn't need a strong offense to win matches, it's his preparation and defense to his opponents attacks, that sets him apart.... so in conclusion, he's one of the best, but def not THE best. I'd really like to see him vs. Diz or dumbfoundead tho, I think that would help silence a lot of the debate...
    test
  11. Boom

Boom paradox

most guys that people think are super good, i kind of think to myself, theyre not that good...

but soul khan deserves all the hype he gets. watch his battles from last year til now. he is really one of the best now and deserves all props he gets
    test
  12. Soul Khansenses

Soul Khansenses Soul Khansenses

I agree with the original post.

Except for the fact that I would beat almost all of those people. Why do you think I'm taking a hiatus? I have laid the gauntlet several times and the people I want to battle, by and large, won't take the bait. That isn't my fault. The only people I feel at all threatened by in battling, whom I don't feel like I have a clear, sure way of beating them are Diz and Hollow. Straight up.

If it makes you feel any better, I had a really nice 6 bar section in my third round where I sustained a cool rhyme scheme. Intricacies are reserved for music. That's the mantra (and cocaine's the sponsor).
    test
  13. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

sk is dope

he still hasnt topped his decon frost performance and probably never will

:shake:
    test
  14. Jack Shitt

Jack Shitt Not "jackshit"

By the sounds of it, you're a person who have trouble placing "comedian" type battlers among the bests out. It's been a prevalent trend around these parts for a good 5 to 7 months. The idea that you have to take yourself super seriously and/or be aggressive in order to be considered one of the bests out is retarded as fuck.

Soul Khan has been dominant in all of the major (term used loosely) battle leagues. I agree that he and Diz need to throwdown asap.
    test
  15. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

sk on coke is a deadly combo
    test
  16. Soul Khansenses

test
  17. KRich662

KRich662 Well-Known Member

I'm downloading this shit better be good or I'm gonna find you and force feed you hamhocks, yadadamean?
    test
  18. Stock

Stock New Member

His music > his battling

Which is the way it should be for any "rapper"
    test
  19. Soul Khansenses

It's way totally good.

Also "LOL" at the original post referring to Lux as a dominant battler despite him not having battled in several years and a few other folks who have had less than one or two matches in five years.
    test
  20. Rone

Rone New Member

cocaine is the sponsor tho. it fuels all of this.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.