Soo... Why R We Acting Like Canibus Is Really Popular??? And Why Is He Headlining???

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by WillyDeLaMuerte, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

busy bee wouldnt get shit for views and Supernat (is a legend) but he wouldnt either , you cant compare to Canibus whos had gold records , been on the cover of The Source , had videos on MTV & BET , been features on legends tracks , had some of the most popular beefs in hip hop (Eminem , Ll cool j) , you think Eminem best seeling hip hop artist of all time would write & release a diss track about Supernat?
    let be real Canibus isnt what he used to be but lets not degrade his popularity & name
    hes more known on than planet than ANY battle rapper active in the past decade
    test
  2. Crescent Swerve

bringing biggie and pac is cheap , i dont even consider that a wax battle , that was some real street beef , those niggas got each other killed
    im talking about hip hop music beef (ya they had hit em up & who shot ya) but come on thats a givin as the biggest BEEF , im talkin about back and forth diss tracks, i dont see how you can even ask why he would be a headliner with the mark hes made in hip hop NOT JUST BATTLING like the cats you put over him , the first gold record selling hip hop artist comming into the ring should be an undercard????? GTFO

LL vs Canibus was the next biggest , Canibus diss track had a video that was highly plaid on MTV / BET , plus his beef/diss track battle with Eminem was a big one too

i do know the diff. between being popular and people knowing who you are and i spoke on it --> theres gonna be a bunch of people that have heard of him or even dislike that will watch to either see what he can do or see him bodied

Canibus rep was being the top battle rap styled MC but nobodies seen him in a live battle , that curiosity factor coupled with him being well known to just hip hop heads is gonna lead to alot of views
    millions of people have heard of Canibus (if only a 1/3 of those cats watch it thats still a shit load of views)

and URL was serious they just werent willing to spend enough money (cuz we all know they dont spend alot of money on the artist/battlers cuz they know there gonna battle there anyway)
    test
  3. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Willy bodied everybody in this thread

Idgaf if he's a troll or 100% serious, he buried every single fucking argument made in this thread
    test
  4. MrFujiwara

MrFujiwara Texas Battle League

Canibus vs LL was probably 1/10th of what Jay Z vs Nas was. List of hip hop beefs bigger than Canibus vs LL:

Hova vs Nas(Obviously)
    Eazy E vs Dre/NWA
    Jadakiss vs Beans
    50 vs Ja Rule
    50 vs Rick Ross
    50 vs Everyone Else
    EPMD vs Rakim
    Eminem vs Benzino(Wack but definitely bigger hyped)
    Jeezy vs Gucci Mane
    TI vs Ludacris

I could literally go on all day about beefs bigger than Canibus vs LL. Its just the only thing Canibus is known for so his stans seem to blow it out of proportion.
    test
  5. RUFnKiddin

RUFnKiddin Member

out of those mentioned above, I will give you nas/jay and 50/rule...and the only actual diss record out off those that you can even mention in the same breath as 2nd round KO would be Ether, I'll even give you 'nail in the coffin'. Again though unless you were around in 97 when bis was droppin shit over the heads of everyone, I really am not surpised if you don't understand. Most people talkin shit on her about bis would be quick to shake his hand n give props...that's jus the nature of being able to talk stupid nonsense on an internet forum, as appose to an in person interaction.
    test
  6. MrFujiwara

[youtube]fJuapp9SORA[/youtube]

Shit still bangs today, fuck 2nd Round KO. While some of those had questionable tracks(Eminem and Benzinos bullshit), most of them had legendary tracks and were all bigger deals than Canibus vs LL.
    test
  7. RUFnKiddin

RUFnKiddin Member

lol "fuck 2nd round KO"....well "fuck real mathafuckin g's". See how that works? Doesn't male much sense if you just pure hatin, not debatin!
    test
  8. MrFujiwara

Yeah, I guess fuck second round KO does come off as hating. I did have the single, and the day I bought the single is when I knew Canibus was hot garbage when I listened to the B Side.

test
  9. RUFnKiddin

RUFnKiddin Member

lol there are MANY things you won't catch me steppin in to defend canibus on, won't front
    test
  10. PJ Sumroc

PJ Sumroc Ozone/Chi-town/Stump town

I think 2nd round knockout is a good diss track and your downplaying the LL vs Canibus beef..but i cosign the fuck out of "Real Muthafukin G's"..one of my favorite diss tracks
    test
  11. PJ Sumroc

How? he hasnt even responded to half the posts with valid arguments.
    test
  12. Crescent Swerve

none of those were "bigger" , Nas vs Jay-z was MORE SIGNIFICANT to hip hop , but didnt have a music video to either of the diss tracks let alone a video that was on the top 10 video rotation at MTV & BET
    and your bringing up a bunch of mixtape beefs that were no where close to as big or significant
    test
  13. PJ Sumroc

I actually like this track, not that it's the best Canibus song ive heard. I like the beat alot.
    test
  14. WillyDeLaMuerte

WillyDeLaMuerte New Member

Lol did u really just imply that canibus diss was bigger than nas ether or jay z takeover????

Bwahahahahaha... Enjoy ur day sir
    test
  15. Crescent Swerve

you obv. cant read SIR

edit: to clarify Nas vs Jay-z was bigger and more significant to hip hop , Canibus vs LL Cool J was bigger on a mainstream level
    test
  16. GeoLaureate8

GeoLaureate8 New Member

Haha, honestly "Real Mothafuckin G's" >> "2nd Round Knockout"

test
  17. WillyDeLaMuerte

WillyDeLaMuerte New Member

Wut duh??? Nas vs jay was enormous on tthe mainstream level... That was all that was talked about... Lol... This is not even debable sir :funny:
    test
  18. Crescent Swerve

how old where you in 97 ? where you even into to hip hop or music heavy ? i have a feeling you like 9 or something whereas during thing Nas vs JayZ thing you were prob 13 just really getting in to hip hop

back in 97 i was into hip hop (bought cd's , watched MTV & BET, had a sub. to The Source) i was also in 2001 during the Jay Z vs Nas &
    i never saw shit on tv about the Jay Z vs Nas beef (or one of those songs on TV) until way later (2007) from the show beef
    ya its more significant to hip hop as a whole but it wasnt as popular on a mainstream level

that being said Ether & Renegade > 2nd round & ripper strikes back
    test
  19. GeoLaureate8

GeoLaureate8 New Member

Exactly this. Was around during all of that. Nas/Jay Z beef was never mentioned til years later after the fact.

test
  20. double ML

double ML plekz = wannabe thought police

this kid can't be serious[​IMG]

twitter is for teenage girls.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.