Sony discontinued the 80gb model???

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by OurSin, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

Walmart is selling the 40gig model alone for $399 but it comes with a $100 online gift card though....I think that's pretty dope...So for those people who are waiting for the MGS4 bundle or anyother bundle you would be better off copping this and ordering the special edition game you are trying to get along with the HDMI cable or another controller online instead of paying $600 for essentially the same thing...The downside is the dualshock controller only comes with the MGS4 bundle I think...
    test
  2. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

you dont have a choice.....
    test
  3. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Some games coming out, Metal Gear included take up 5 gigs of hard drive space just to install. I believe Devil May Cry or some shit did too. Alot of huge games are coming with this. Some people are completist and don't want to deleted shit off the hard drive to make room for new, even if you know you wont play the game again.

Personally I have an 80 gigger. When I bought mine in the end of January you could get 80 gig with motorstorm or 40 gig with a shitty Spiderman dvd.
    test
  4. Vintage Tox

Vintage Tox One Hundred Percent

Thats the one I got.
    test
  5. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I dont think i'd want motorstorm or spiderman 3... (i got the 40 with spiderman3)

so i'd go with the cheaper.
    test
  6. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

It is on the website, http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=64006

read the user ratings, one of the guys talks about 99% backwards compatibility.

Unless its just in my area, which is good for me.
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

yeah, i just saw the fliers for the 80gb bundle at gamestop

allready got mine though....and got it from walmart for a good price....

man i just don't undertsand why, otu of all things, they'd get rid of backwards compatibility

even the 360 has some backwards compatibility, all we need is a emulator. I can play ps2 games on my pc for christs sake..lol....

i would take it back, but i got too good a deal, and had to spend money on all the damn accessories, so i'd be adding like 200 bux on to it.....naw....

anybody know any downloadable emulators that will work on the ps3?
    test
  8. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

seriously, none of those models were on gamestops website when i went to it...lol

wow...wtf.....
    test
  9. Fantom

Fantom :ihadadream:

i used to stream videos from my cpu at home, but im not home right now and wont be back til Ooctober....

which is why i have the 80gb joint with my favorite movies and the 2nd season of boondocks...

[dunno]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.