Song Discussion Thread **Jay-Z - My 1st Song**

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Mel Man, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

I can't even begin to describe the vibes this song fills with me...

Excitement, disappointment, fulfillment, emptiness, joy, peace, sadness, chills...

shit will always be classic to me, anyone peep the flow??

n the story telling, classic biggie sample, the epic sppeech at the end... the paain, the passion...n straight REFLECTION

top 20 Jigga songs

anyone eva made a going away song like this??
    test
  2. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Sample is bananas.
    test
  3. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

fuckin love this song... this is what actually made me start listening to more Jay-z... when I first heard it I thought, damn the niggas retiring and I'm just getting into his music?
    test
  4. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

Tracks like this are why i cant stand new jay. I want to hear shit like this.
    test
  5. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

I thought I understood you bro.....I was right......I have the same perspective on nas, dude set the bar so high and every subpar release is one that makes me not want to listen as much anymore......but we handle it differently
    test
  6. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

aaand which subpar release would you be talking about? Nas has been constantly knocking shit out of the park for several years now. Streets desciple was his last "meh" release and that was in 04.
    test
  7. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

It's okay... I am feeling that sample, though.
    test
  8. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

Well ive always said that if someone is a dope rapper im not going to accept some wack shit from them, i have standards...im not even a huge jay fan from his prime though. Hes not near my top 30 favourites, there are alot many rappers id rather hear over jays beats. Hes nice on the mic but over rated.

Jays beats>jays rapping tbh.

Nas on the other hand is still putting out good music, not as good as he usedto be but nas is still putting out good quality releases. Jay been wack for 10 straight years. I wish he did retire after this song so i didnt have to hate on his new wack shit.

American gangster was average as fuck but people like it because kc and bp3 were so horrible.
    test
  9. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

I say sub par in relation to the standard he set with his first 2 albums which most agree are his best.....it is the same thing with any rapper who achieves greatness that is hard to knock even by the most negative fan......nas released 2 classics with his 1st 2 tries......then he achieved a certain level of fame and started to play the game that every artist must when they are in growth mode.....nas sounds like nas, or nas trying too hard, or nas trying to sound like an image......nas as nas is great, and most of his albums have at least a few tracks that are nas being nas.......Nastradamus was the leap into the trend of things and it didn't work well for a couple of reasons though the music wasn't bad.......Nas was never embraced by the masses like jay or em or 50 or pac or biggie were.....jay is an image, em is an image, and both of them have crazy talent to use that image.....nas came rap first and never really made a marketable image beyond his music which is both positive and negative......he has the notoriety of a star but not the kanye or em or jay like celeb status to non rap fans, and if you have read how much dude has to pay kellis, he needs that fame and money.....

I like the latest album, I was happy when I listened and that is something that had not happened in a while.....This is taste dressed as opinion working as a fact checker I think.....dream you seem to feel about nas, the way I do about jay.....and minus some wayne stuff and a couple others, we have always had a sorta similar taste, and when we didn't I helped you put on your clown shoes.....07 bro, from tygga to childish gambino.........I respect your opinion though bro
    test
  10. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

Bro I think that my point covers most people's opinions to a certain degree, and it does mine, and it does yours......I used to overstate my criticisms as well.....But at a point, shit just starts sounding like you are being unreasonable, I mean you saying an album was damn aight like a muddaphukka rather than it was cool/good/ok/solid/decent/etc.......and the last statement is you testifying that you have to hate on his wack music....The point is that you don't have to, cuz there is always redeeming value of some sort to a widely highly regarded album.......Flaws are easy to find in anything except dilla.....The shit is just music which is art, which does it's job well if it elicits a large emotional response
    test
  11. Geedorah

Geedorah King

This is how I want him to rap all the time.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  12. Superman70

Superman70 edited

this was one of my favorites when the album came out but i havent listened to it much the last few years.
    test
  13. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

one of my favs
    test
  14. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

better than i remembered
    test
  15. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Blk Album was that shit period