Something I noticed about all these Abercrombie Hollister & American Eagle stores...

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Wird of Pley, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wird of Pley

Wird of Pley I Slice My Own Ham

Anyone else notice that all the clothes sold there are basically replicas of what people wore in the 1940's, during a time where the media and television was blatantly focused on getting people to conform to the same values of those in power?

I mean anyone can plainly see that people that dress EXCLUSIVELY with shit from these stores are conformist weirdos begging to be accepted by mainstream society, but isnt it ironic that the clothing theyre pushing to these mindless drones is basically the official uniform for 1940 conformist posterchildren? That shit is outragious to me. These kids are literally willing to wear anything that will get them accepted by their peers, theyre attempting to glorify 1940s prep school brainwashing and its WORKING on these lemming kids.

I dunno I just thought that was kind of funny.
    test
  2. Wird of Pley

Did I mention that most of my coworkers at hollister voted for george bush? They also all listen to the same music and hate the same music, every last one of them. I've yet to hear anyone disagree on ANYTHING in the store besides myself.

And i also know yall are gonna say "well hip hop people all wear the same shit to get accepted too!". And your right, but at least theres a level of originality to hip hop fashion, the shit at these stores is absolute conformist garbage from a time when married couples on television werent allowed to sleep in the same bed.
    test
  3. Sever

Sever Sever that Leash

well I posted a long ass reply.

Basically, some of the shit is cool there, red and orange hoodies I bought, and some of the dress collared shirts.. I also bought some short sleeve t polos.. other than that and a pair of denim destroy and drifters, I didn't care much for it all as much as the bitches with ass hanging out mingling with me all day.

but to each his own I guess. I notice that more with Old navy and American Eagle more than Hollister.. but then again perspectives will be different on that state to state.
    test
  4. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

I rock shit from Hollister...but I niggra-fy all my outfits. I mean what can i say, im a pretty boy and its hard to find a nice pair of chinos or a polo that isnt some generic polo shit that everybody and they mom has. Good looks wird, if you never worked there I never woulda knew of that place and i would have neglected so many online shopping exploits. Thanks to wird the hoes still love me and white people dont clutch their purses when i walk by at night.
    test
  5. Sever

Sever Sever that Leash

Also @ wird of pley, it's funny your manager disrespected you like that, and your co workers all seemed like that.. yet you, the oddball @ the motherfucker made such a deep outline of that shit lol.. it's just shameful..

and yo skrybe, you from freestyleunderground?
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

LOL....
    test
  7. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

yessir...except no imitations. If it aint skrybe with a K-Y, its an imposter like astroglide!
    test
  8. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

i would never wear shit from any of them stores ..

practically everyone in my school wears that shit ..
    test
  9. Sever

Sever Sever that Leash

So you would wear that shit, if it was the most warm, comfortable, stylish shit, just because everyone else had the same idea? That idea is as unoriginal as the people who wear that shit for a reason other than personal..
    test
  10. Wird of Pley

I truly believe its a well marketed virus on society thats sole purpose is to get everyone to dress the same, think the same, and act the same. Its the greatest idea in theory, get everyone to dress the same when theres only 2-3 stores with that kind of clothes and your gonna become a rich fuck in no time.

These kids man, its like pleasantville but 2004 edition. Theyre so "typical" and symmetrical. They work together, go to clubs together, college together, they all wear only shit from where they work, theyre fucking identical. Its amazing.
    test
  11. Sever

Sever Sever that Leash

nah man. I don't think it's fashion, as much as this pussy emo rock shit that's becoming symmetrical like you referenced. I mean damn, they are all so fucking ignorant to rap and shit.. I had one kid call me a wigger, and imitate my 'ghettoness' by grabbing his genitalia in front of me..

While I had to restrain from punching the skinny white faggot, other white fags thought shit was quite humorous.. I just think a lot of kids these days are comfortable within the trends, and that they try to fuck with people who aren't within the gay trends.
    test
  12. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

[​IMG]

nut look at that shit!! Kanye wishes he was fly like me in my Hollister ensemble!! Rock that shit with some jeans a white T and a tan fitted. The hoes will love you and the hood will respect you.

Grove Street Bitches!!!
    test
  13. Wird of Pley

Theyre ignorant to rap? Your a fucking 311 fan kid, your view of rap music is clearly skewed out of the fucking atmosphere. That group has recorded the WORST rap verses in the history of hip hop and you consider them one of the best bands OUT. Please dont even speak about music anymore. Your exactly like the kids I'm talking about.
    test
  14. Sever

Sever Sever that Leash

That's fucking meritorious man.. that jacket is one of the ones that should be a sale item soon too.. may have to cop it with some dark red pants, and some shit lol
    test
  15. Wird of Pley

I actually want a yankee civil war jacket similar to that style of shit, i'm waiting for them to become available.
    test
  16. Sever

Sever Sever that Leash

wtf.

My rap album collection is as follows

Every Outkast album.
    Ice Cube- Predator, AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, War and peace both volumes.
    Snoop- Doggystyle, Last meal.
    Dre- Chronic 2001
    Jin's new shit
    twizta's new shit
    Fabolous-street dreams
    Geto boys- we Can't be Stopped
    Aesop Rock- Bazooka tooth
    Jedi Mind Tricks- all but Psycho social
    canibus- all but the worst one
    Busta Rhymes- ELE, and Genesis
    Public Enemy- It takes a nation of millions to hold us back
    mobb deep- hell on earth, the infamous
    Nas- I am, Illmatic, Stillmatic
    8 Mile album
    G-Unit album
    50 Cent album- most recent
    Dmx- The Great Depression
    Madvillainy
    Chino XL- Here to Save You All
    Obie trice- Cheers
    Tupac- Me Against the World, All Eyez on Me
    BIG- Ready to Die
    Xzibit- Man vs. machine, Restless, At the Speed of life
    Wu-Tang, 36 Chambers
    ----

Also edited: both Shyne albums, Eazy Duz it, Scarface- The Fix, Untouchable, balls and my word, Kanye West, Low End Theory, Goodie Mob first album.

Also forgot to add: Pharoahe Monch Internal Affairs, Journalist lone album, Raekwon Cuban Linx, sticky Fingaz, Black trash.

I was introduced to rap 2 years ago as a serious thing. 311 wasn't my view of hip hop, it was a rock thing. you need to chill with that hate homeboy.

I think for the albums I've ONLY PURCHASED, and not heard back to front, that's quite diversified. My liking 311 has no bearing on my knowledge of hip hop.
    test
  17. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

God forbid!! A "Yankee" civil war jacket? The confederate jackets looked more Red Sox-ish to me...iono
    test
  18. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

sever is right about one thing, they expect everyone to be just like them .. if you ain't dressin like them then they think there is somethin wrong with you ..

i always get that shit .. ppl always walkin up to me like wassup gangsta .. immitating a walk, everything .. wigger .. "you're not from the hood" ..

and they all the people that wear them clothes and you're right, they're all the same ..
    test
  19. deadweather

deadweather ******

the only thing i noticed at hollister when i worked there
    was..

1) the california image shit is fucking stupid & lame & conformist
    2) their shirts have some of the corniest slogans ever
    3) everything comes back in style eventually, that prep shit is comin back until it dies down
    4) some of their clothes are okay
    5) all the girls that work there were dumb as shit
    6) the girls that worked there were spoiled as fuck
    7) the girls that worked there all listened to pop filth like ashlee simpson or whatever it is kids listen to these days
    8) the girls that work there act like fucking them is a grand prize to a difficult contest
    test
  20. Sever

Sever Sever that Leash

6) the girls that worked there were spoiled as fuck

yeah, and those are the cunts that fucking complain the most when they don't get more hours than other workers who are more efficient, and then once they do get the hours, they call out, so they can have a smirnoff lite.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.