Somebody in Cabo has made a duplicate of my Debit card

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by J o o k, Sep 30, 2013.

1. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

For real though I'd hunt a mother fucker down for my last $10.
    test
  2. Dely

Dely In The Trap

LMAOOOOOOOO

nigga wtf this gotta do with niggas taking this man money?
    test
  3. BIZZURK

BIZZURK Well-Known Member

nothing really its more about your personal info (passwords) and shit and people out there getting their hands on shit with u not having a clue how ..have a nice day sir
    test
  4. Dely

Dely In The Trap

bruh compared an apple to an orange and then went into further detail

LMAOOOOOO
    test
  5. double ML

double ML plekz = wannabe thought police

hope they find and crucify that fuckboy

always crab ass muh' fuckas trying to steal from hard working individuals
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. Archer

Archer Hamityville

Ok, on my pc now

Basically, any merchant has access to your card number, expiration date, and potentially security code when you've done a transaction with them; they can access their information through their merchant processor. If you swipe your card in a retail store the Point of Sale (POS) system simply records the information and sends it to the merchant processor; from there the actual transaction gets processed through VISA/MAS/AMX etc.

What this means is that any merchant, if they were unscrupulous, could simply pull the information from a transaction and use it again. The reason they have access to this information is (a) so they can help track down transactions for you (ie. "my cc# is xxxxx and I have a charge for $$$, can I get a receipt?") and (b) so they can refund you after you've left without needing further information with you (ie. you purchase a gift card and refund it over the phone / they $0 out the card). It also means that if you have an individual whom has charges they do not cover when they leave the merchant has the ability to seek payment; a hotel for example can charge you after you've left because they have your card information on file - don't fuck up those Vegas rooms b.

Any transaction can have a chargeback made on it. This is when you contact your bank, say "that wasn't me!", they refund you the money, and they then reverse the charge on the merchant. The merchant then has to prove that the transaction is legitimate (signed receipt, hotel registration card, photocopy of your card/ID, etc). Even then it's very common for merchants to lose chargebacks even if they provide the above when the transaction is manual - it's a cost of convenient business and the ability to accept card payments. Swiped transactions are a lot easier for the merchant to dispute as they can show you were physically there; they lose if you're claiming your card was stolen as opposed to "I didn't authorize that!". If a card is not present (manual entry) they find it a lot harder to win. Online sales, sales over the phone, or any transaction after you've left the merchant are fairly easy to dispute and win for the customer.

A transaction does not require a PIN number; that's an added security benefit for you as a customer as you think a stranger cannot use your card in a retail store. Some merchants waive the need for PINs (ie. Walmart if it's below $50, McDonalds, etc); think of check out there - if it's below a certain $ amount you swipe and walk. By doing this the merchant gives up the right to dispute any chargeback that doesn't have a swipe+PIN. Any transaction that is manual entry (where the service associate types in the card number) doesn't need a PIN to process.

Merchants can also slam you below your credit limit / balance. If you've done a single transaction with them they have obtained an authorization code, or if they have the necessary information they can call your bank and acquire an authorization code in advance of processing a transaction. They can then force a declining transaction through by using that authorization code. In theory the authorization code only authorizes you to take a specified dollar amount from the account, but as a merchant you can put through any amount you want; you just have to be willing to deal with a chargeback. If you have the necessary paperwork to fight a chargeback you can hit an account well into the negative with little to no repercussions.

I reconcile G/L accounts for chargebacks each month... I've seen single transactions for over $200,000 get disputed and won by the customer. I also work a lot with the card issuers with regards to their policies regarding card transactions, customer account privacy and security, chargebacks, etc.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    test
  7. quotive

quotive 3

lmaoooooooooo
    test
  8. Thoughtz

Thoughtz Well-Known Member

USAA or NFCU >>>>>>
    test
  9. Oneduh

Oneduh Digital Scale Ent.

Damn b.

How the hell people get away with 200k transactions? I've never made a purchase that large with a card without having to show multiple forms of ID.. Is it businesses that have a revolving account with clients simply overcharging them? I could see that, I've had a merchant account that got charged 10X due to some error.. Nothing near 200k tho luckily.

1 my cards get hit for 200k it's gon be man down.. dgaf if insurance reimburses or not..
    test
  10. Thoughtz

Thoughtz Well-Known Member

Damn someone bought a house on their credit card and called their CC company saying it was stolen, AND WON.

Smooth criminal there
    test
  11. quotive

quotive 3

[​IMG]
    test
  12. double ML

double ML plekz = wannabe thought police

in other news, baby dick black still suffers from microdick and PTSD.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  13. Zero-D

Zero-D Brilliance Unparalleled

Daaaaamn I know how it feels fam- shits horrible. You file a claim w/ your bank to get the $ back? That's what I did when same ish happened to me. Worked great and got new card too.
    test
  14. Detroit

Detroit The d is silent

I'm surprised nobody else got that man. If I was referencing some nerd ass shit like apathy or Aesop rock I would've gotten accolades
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  15. quotive

quotive 3

w0rd. gotta make them canibus references to get dey rep.
    test