some updates

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by LiveFromThe781, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

ive been curios to know my bodyfat% for the longest time but never could find a way, then a few weeks ago i saw this scale at GNC that measures fat%, water weight, and reg weight so i grabbed it up today during my work break.

the scale also confirmed that ive lost about 10 pounds, last night i got the same reading when i weighed on a digital and whatever those big professional scales are called at my MMA gym, and it said i weighed 159...shit

so my stats now are

height: 6'0ft
    weight: 160lbs
    bodyfat: 3.3%

i havent carbed up yet on the anabolic diet and im hoping it all goes well for me, because id really like to keep my BF% while gaining muscle mass. before i was so worried that id gain too much weight and now im going to try to get back to 170 with the same BF%
    test
  2. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

lol @ 3.3% bodyfat.

At that point you can at least see some muscle striations on your face and your body is almost completely dehydrated to the point where you don't have energy to move and the only fat you have is the fat surrounding the organs that is essential to sustaining life.

That's the level of body fat professional bodybuilders are at during competition level.

Re evaluate that.

You might be around Pacman bodyfat, but I doubt that because genetics also play a role on that.

[​IMG]
    test
  3. Purple Haze

Post pictures.

You MIGHT be telling the truth because it's possible, but I'm seriously doubting this.
    test
  4. Purple Haze

Manny is ripped as fuck, son.

Jesus.
    test
  5. LiveFromThe781

dude im going by what the scale says. i honestly didnt believe it when i say it either. trust me, i didnt buy this damn thign so i could lie to myself, i want accurate numbers and if im really 10% or something ill be fuckin ripshit, but it did go from 3.5 to 4 right after i ate an 8oz burger patty. i had some friends over too a little while after i bought it and one of them weighed themselves and it came to 13%BF which is plausible but i honestly thought he woulda been like 20 by his looks.

also keep in mind that just because i did something difficult doesnt mean there has to be an error along the way or some fluke or flaw. hard work and dedication pays off.
    test
  6. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

Oh its a scale??

I just bought a scale that happens to calculate that also, and I am at 4% body fat according to the scale, but I'm sure its not accurate. How accurate can a scale be at determining body fat? the only variables it takes into consideration are age, height, weight, whether i'm normal or an athlete, and to what degree, and of course gender. so of course its not going to be nearly as accurate as other ways of measuring bfp. while mine also says im at 4%, i dont think we are really that low, lol.
    test
  7. LiveFromThe781

^i think we have the exact same scale dude. did you get the Tantia or someshit? i just looked it up on this place called Epinions.com that does reviews of products majority said the BF% was faulty, so im returning mine. 3.5 is pretty nuts i think im more at like 8-10% or something now i feel like a jackass for like trying to brag about it and shit lol. ill buy a god damned caliper if i have to i just want to know my fuckin BF%.
    test
  8. Ben Official

yea buy a caliper. dont trust any scale. and nah, i got the homedics scale, it calculates all that shit but i just use it for weight. i didnt actually use it for body fat until i saw this thread
    test
  9. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Word
    test
  10. LiveFromThe781

yeah well yesterday at the workshop we did body fat measuring with the caliper so everyone could get a feel for it, i got my body fat reading which according to the book was 4.5%

the calipers also have a margain of error which is about 3-7% theres only a few accurate ways and theyre very uncommon to find places that have that type of equipment. i suppose the best way is a mirror.
    test
  11. dlbiininja

dlbiininja The Hip Hop Poet.

the hydro static is the most accurate.
    hell, never tried it though shit costs quite a bit.
    let me see there was a caliper set i used when i worked for 24 hour fitness
    that had me at like 7 percent and i am really lean

then we had like the gm come in one time with this one damn thing
    that measured in infrared and he hit my bicep with it for the measure.
    and that had me at like 4percent. i seriously doubted that.
    hell, i know i need to eat alot period but at 4 percent. I would be crapping
    methane bars.
    test
  12. LiveFromThe781

yeah its really tricky to get an accurate reading, and if you want one its gonna cost you big bucks which IMO isnt really worth it unless you got that kind of money..which still doesnt make it "worth" it. anyway, i figure im at about 8% maybe even 6 or 7, either way it doesnt matter, i wont be completely satisfied until i get abs like the movie 300 and until mine are like that i will not believe im 5% or lower.
    test
  13. Purple Haze

Well abs have alot of do with having an actual foundation of muscle on top your stomach, not saying you don't.
    test
  14. LiveFromThe781

yeah im ive been doing these things, its the same as an ab-wheel, except instead of an ab-wheel you use a 100lb+ barbell...much more efficient haha. i need to set up the chinbar i bought like 3 weeks ago too. although through the diet im on im already noticing improvement. funniest thing is on the carb ups because your gut sticks out so much and youre bloated from the water retention, so i have a cut pot belly, i gotta get some pictures.
    test
  15. Purple Haze

test
  16. Ben Official

yea i used to do those at the gym, but i used as small of weight as i could on the barbell so i could get closer to the ground.

my abs are seriously like a turtle shell.. they couldnt be more defined but i think its just the way i'm built, and not so much of how i work out.. however i know some absolutely killer ab routines... get at me for details
    test
  17. Ben Official

i like those, but i think hanging knee raises are a better workout if you do enough of them

[youtube]Rw4-3T9wXi0[/youtube]

you dont have to go all the way down though

also a lot of touch downs with decently heavy d ball and lots of sit up variations are always nice
    test
  18. Ben Official

and you can do hanging side knee raises to get the sides
    test
  19. LiveFromThe781

i've been doing windshield wipers for months, ever since i found out thats what they did in 300 lol. more recently ive even been using the barbell whereas i used to just do them with my hands under my hips.
    test
  20. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

Here is a bodybuilder at 3% bodyfat for a competition for comparison. 3% is as low as you can possibly go and can only be held for a couple hours. You can see how dehydrated this man is.

[​IMG]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.