Some Stuff i did playing around...

Discussion in 'Graphic Forum' started by dlbiininja, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlbiininja

dlbiininja The Hip Hop Poet.

last night. I don't know how long it took me to do it. But, it was along the lines of 3 to 4 hours. I didn't even start off doing the character as the initial Image. Just started messing around drawing some other stuff. Then I did a larger image and then started building it into this. Then erased everything else and came up with this.

[​IMG]
    By dlbiininja at 2008-08-20

The second one I did last night.
    [​IMG]
    By dlbiininja at 2008-08-21

and it's a pic of my homeboy of mine.
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    MySpace.com - Hyphy Burffday Nate Jackson, welcome home! 8.15.08 - 31 - Male - SEATTLE, Washington - www.myspace.com/hyphynhumorshow was a little hard to hunt down a good pic of him.

Oh, done with A Wacom Bamboo and CS3. Although, I would rather have the Wacom CINTIQ 21UX. Saw this thing at a comic convention a few months ago. Damn those things are nice.
    test
  2. midnight410

midnight410 New Member

i like them' but i cant really tell what was photoshopped...maybe if u posted the orig. images?
    test
  3. Mizz Tres

Mizz Tres Ur woman loves me =/

i liked the first one .. cool drawing
    test
  4. dlbiininja

I did them both on my Wacom Tablet. That I had just gotten at the time.
    The first pic I just pulled out the air messing around. And ended up with The Red Owl.

The Second pic. I just suddenly decided to do a pic of my boy slow poke Montoya. Unfortunately, I didn't have a good pic of him. So, I just used Videos of him that were online and my memory to come up with his drawing.
    here's one of the youtube vids I used.
    Otherwise, the images just came from my mind and memory.
    test
  5. Miggidy

Miggidy New Member

test
  6. DjAzmatic

DjAzmatic New Member

koo stetches
    test
  7. eneyekay

eneyekay Graphic Designer

sorry, I don't understand these... they look like they're done using that Facebook graffitti wall creator app. pretty horrible.
    test
  8. dlbiininja

I don't have that facebook applicator and four hours working with it sounds like something your use to doing. I guess I did leave out my first time using the wacom tablet as well. Thanks for your opinion as negative as it was. And there wasn't an explanation to them. They were just done for no reason. Everything doesn't have to have a reason to be understood. Quite, trying to find such things. Sometimes things just are captain negative.
    test
  9. eneyekay

^^^ apologies for the negatiove comment without explantion.... regardless of whether or not you used a wacom tablet to draw these, imo they don't look good... as a designer I am used to a practical application for artwork, either for an album cover, to acompany an article/magazine spread or just to hang up on your wall. I'm not sure a tablet was designed to do this kind of thing, and I think drawing it by hand would have been better, scanning it and then putting it into PS to colour. The pic of your mate looks stretched, and that's a design faux-pas, and the typography you used could have been better... try using a sans-serif font (helvetica, frutiger or futura) and put it in a better place, or just be more creative with it.The first pic reminds me of that character from GI Joe, and if it's supposed to be a character, I think it would have been better if you added more depth to the background, rather than use what looks to be PS brushes.

ionno, in the end I was just a bit confused by the comments saying they were dope and cool etc without giving a reason behind the comments. Also, your sig is written in comic sans... might wanna change that?
    test
  10. dlbiininja

"Used to a practical application for artwork." So you limit yourself to just having art only for a job. That's like saying you don't understand why people play basketball on the block. Some of the most creative stuff comes from playing around. I mean if you only did practical apps you would probably just cut out sketching and the like as well. And just make everything a finished project. Imagine how scary that sounds. First work as a finished project. If your good enough you can do it though.
    Now for another thing you said. "or just to hang up on your wall" practical in who's eyes? And if that's the case, you could certainly run those up as pictures or t shirts. Just cause it doesn't fit your ideas of what things should be doesn't take away from what they are. It's the same with music. Suppose every rapper had the same fucking style? Everyone has different outlooks and feel different things at different times. You went to School for what you do. Hell, I use to do this type of shit as a kid for fun. Got tired of it and started doing other things instead of focusing on art. The tablet is going to be a starting point for me now that I have it.

Here's some more tell me what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

"I'm not sure a tablet was designed to do this kind of thing,"
    And I think you need to go back to school with that one. I was at a comic book convention watching an artist do his thing on the wacom cintiq 21ux. And obviously I was able to do those with a wacom. Or is seeing believing with you?

As for the pics individually, that's not the original for my boy slowpoke. And it's adjusted based upon imageshack's limits. And I think the text fits that pretty good. I'll give it a look with the sans though.
    And yea, that other one the background was done with the brushes. All kinda like the dot style used by. Damn, I forgot his name Ah George Seurat. Pointilism is the name of the style. The painting I was thinking of when I did the Red Owl's background was his "Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte."
    And yea I have some more ideas for that character that I'm going to mess with. Just wanted a more colorful background instead of a grimy ass city ya know. I think it gives it a little more life as compared to dropping him in the middle of Compton around sunset.
    test
  11. eneyekay

if you are interested in design, I recommend you study it at college and then university... afterwards you will see where I am coming from.
    test
  12. Grandiose

Grandiose five large

these look tight
    test
  13. rage617

rage617 New Member

eneyekay is right... i went to school for graphic arts even tho only in high school i took it for 3 years and had to deal with a bunch of the shit hes talking bout

text placement etc... its art and it is str8 not saying its bad.. but it is amature.. but from the superman thing i can tell u can draw... step ur game up with photoshop / and you will be able to make ur drawings more advanced .. also the cougours thing has bad text / looks too easy 2 make
    test
  14. Marcellus

Marcellus Streets Don't Love Me

um .......
    test
  15. Human Karnage

Human Karnage Bully

keep at it homie, i def see the potential
    test
  16. It's True....

It's True.... It's true....

Mozart composed his first opera at the age of twelve.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.