Some good, real music other than rap?

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Murder Ink, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

No, that was when they were trying to be Alice in Chains mixed with Eddie Vedder. Not to mention that they picked the name Creed, because it was a religious word, just like Nirvana.

CREATIVE FUCKING BAND, MAN!
    test
  2. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Black Sabbath isn't bad at all, you're just retarded and wouldn't know good music if it bit you on the ass.

and this forum is for rock, the rest of the site's for the bland and talentless bullshit known as rap music.
    test
  3. merke

merke ...

last time i checked, the name of the site was "rapmusic.com". if that's not clear enough for you, it's written in big letters on the top. that said, leave and never come back again unless you got over your little "listen to shit music" period and finally start to appreciate the greatness of rap music.
    test
  4. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

and last time I checked, this forum was called Various Music Genres. Learn to read, dipshit.

What an ironic statement, coming from another victim of the urban fad. Look, a lot of us here went through this little rap phase, and then we grew out of it and realized how dumb it was around 18-21.

As for rap being greatness, nothing could be more false. Rap songs are the most timeless pieces garbage to ever waste studio time. No rap song outside of the 80s will matter 20 years from now.

But go ahead and keep convincing yourself that the bullshit you listen to is quality, and that it takes talent, "murk."
    test
  5. merke

merke ...

nobody cares how a mini section is called. fact is the url is rapmusic.com, i'm not god but dammit, if the guy that created this site didn't have for intention to make this about rap music, i'll be damned.

you're probably one of these retards that listen to their classic rock and other garbage from the past. the only rap you will recognize as good will be the shitty rap that are world wide viewed as "best", even if they aren't. die immediately.
    test
  6. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

black sabbath was a great band
    ^not opinion, fact

this is the right forum to discuss rock

i disagree with rap being garbage though.. the creativity is weak right now, but theres good shit if you look a little further. rap is also full of the best lyricism out of any genre.. and the turntables have been a big source of creativity.

it is true that producing and getting samples is nowhere near the level of talent needed to write a rock or funk song. and as great/impressive as freestyling is, it pales in comparison to improvising in jazz.

it has strengths and weaknesses, you cant brush it off as garbage. after all, look at how many shitty bands, unoriginality, cheesiness, and bullshit you can find in rock, lol
    test
  7. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

"No, we are not a Christian band. A Christian band has an agenda to lead others to believe in their specific religious beliefs. We have no agenda!"
    -Scott Stapp

P.O.D hit the mainstream the exact same time as creed. both dropped their biggest albums in 99 and 01. only a few bands/groups have ever been as big as creed, they've sold 20+ million records, had 3 multiplatinum albums, had probably 5-10 #1 singles. they were incredibly popular, that's not up for debate, but then again, that's not what you asked. you asked what bands had songs with religious content around the same time, which is what i answered.

there have been plenty of popular acts, as popular as creed that i doubt you'd consider so talented. britney spears, nsync and bsb all blew creed away in album sales and airplay on radio and mtv during that period, but i doubt you'll see too many people extolling the quality of those acts, making claims of "the cream rising to the top" with nsync becoming the first act to ever have a multiplatinum WEEK in 2000 with no strings attached.
    test
  8. Barack Obama

Barack Obama The Future!

which is unfortunate, because those kids truly have skill and don't get enough credit for their talent

have you heard their acapella of 'o holy night'?

they have a lot of barbershop quartet type acapellas that showcase their gifted vocal ability
    test
  9. Dex P. LaMorte

Dex P. LaMorte New Member

my deep, oozing hatred of gorilla nasty has been diverted and passed on to merke.

bad-mouthing classic rock is an unwritten sin worse than interacial marriage.
    test
  10. merke

merke ...

haha, rock takes more talent than rap? now, why would you say such a thing? ummm, i don't know you either really believe it (still no proof as to why is that) or just say it to not be flamed. i suspect the latter. rock will always be more popular than rap, because this world is full of faggots that relate to it or listen to it to look "cool". there's no diversity in rock. if there was, not every rock fan would listen to the same crappy classic rock bands . i've yet to see a rap fan that like the same rap as i do. fact remains that there's nothing in rock and the genre has died ages ago, hell it should have never started. that way, maybe radio would be tolerable.
    test
  11. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

well y'all quit the fuckin arguing damn I didn't make a thread for you dudes to argue about fucking Creed of all you could argue about, and I don't wanna hear any downtalk about rap either, so if you can, just recommend me some good music in multiple genres so I can expand my horizons.
    test
  12. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

I was saying that referring to whatever obscure bands that people wanted to list. After all, at the end of the day, it's about getting your message across. More listeners equals more messaging. While all radio music is not good, the reason it gets there is usually because it's good or better than most. Thats something that most people don't like to understand.

Now do you see what I was saying?

I don't see how people here can say they sucked? I mean, to not like them is one thing. but they suck? How???!!!! They sold so many albums, and like I said, I'm sure some of these liars even had at least their first album. That album did not suck by any measures. AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE CREED BUT I CAN ADMIT THIS. Just that nobody else can.
    test
  13. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

And Merke, if you really wanted to take it there, you could say R&B/singing takes the most talent. Cause if I could sing better than you, I can always learn how to play guitar. You could either be born with a good voice/range, or not.

Ink- System of a Down ;)
    test
  14. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Okay. Create a thread about a rapper in lipstick alley, or another forum besides HHC, and see if it doesn't get closed. Shut it already, you lose.

aka good music. What you think is garbage and what really is garbage are two different things. Your tastes are waaaaaay too shitty to even begin throwing them around, so stop wasting time typing them in your weak comebacks.

Yeah, even though what I've been typing prior to this indicates the exact opposite.

Now if you don't have a point in your next post to make, save it, because this post had zero. I'm not interested in your half-assed wigger opinions.
    test
  15. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

lol.

I never really intended to get into a big discussion about whether rap is garbage or not. It has plenty of fans that are intelligent down to earth people who just have tastes that clash with mine.

But when I see a mindless idiot like Merke who is obviously just participating in whatever fad everyone else around him is following, I'll go to the extremes to pull his card.

It's just like if I see a wigger listening to chamillionare or whatever the fuck. I couldn't care less if he listens to it or not, but if he tells me that he's the greatest musician ever, I have to bring him down to reality.
    test
  16. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

lol, Brahman...
    test
  17. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

It's amazing.

I answer the post of one idiot for you, and now I have the attention of every Rocawear loving wigger on the forum.

It's fine though, gotta make a Holocaust out of something.
    test
  18. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Because it's true. Most rap fans and rappers that don't have undeserved egos would even agree, only morons like you try to deny it. Although it takes talent to be a stand out producer, it doesn't take close to as much as it does to be a stand out guitar player.

This rap fad has more people looking like idiots than any fad ever.

This is where you type about something you have no clue about. You're a moron, and your opinions are based upon nothing. If anything, rock has too much diversity.

You named yourself "merke" because people already used the other spellings. Those people heard it from the same shitty rappers as you.

Good Rap doesn't take 1/100th of DECENT rock, get over it already.
    test
  19. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

It's an open forum.

Fuck you.
    test
  20. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I feel like I'm punching out 5 year olds.

Great feeling.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.