Some good, real music other than rap?

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Murder Ink, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D. MonEy25

D. MonEy25 Gifted With The Words

ever since various music was moved into this forum, all the metal heads came out and now everything except heavy metal gets shat on. It's entirely narrow minded and immature. I accept peoples opinions but cmon... There's always atleast one artist or one song in every genre i can get into even country which for the most part i find horrendous and a disgrace to American music. It's EMO music for rednecks, instead of knives, and wrist slitting its shot guns and deer killin. With alot more twang to make the ears bleed.
    test
  2. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

^ country has recently had several songs about comitting suicide too.
    test
  3. merke

merke ...

defending creed is just being ignorant, creed is a friggin joke
    test
  4. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

ok aside from all this arguing... can anyone give me songs or anything lol?
    test
  5. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

I don't even have to defend Creed because none of you backpackers can even step up and give unbiased reasons why Creed sucked so bad. Me defending Creed is againstt you guys is like telling a •••••• to eat shit. They don't know understand what I'm saying. And they already eat their own shit anyway.
    test
  6. Dex P. LaMorte

Dex P. LaMorte New Member

just wikipedia alternative/indie rock...

check out bands along the same vein as Built to Spill and Neutral Milk Hotel for a crash course on how to properly write a song.

I don't like suggesting tracks because it all comes down to personal preference and I don't want to recommend something bad and risk turning you off completely.
    test
  7. merke

merke ...

creed= screamo rock band

rock= shit

you fucking cockswella
    test
  8. Gorilla Nasty

"creed was a watered down pop act whored by the industry to write radio friendly, cookie cutter grunge songs"

Are you serious? Creed was a band that actually touched on religion. And still got numbers. How many other rock bands do that? How many bands did that before Creed? How many other artists do? Didn't Kanye write a song saying something about how hard it is to get spins talking about that shit?

Oh yeah. He did.

Numbers, as in fans and following does not mean bad music kid. In fact, most times it means the opposite. If I'm the record exec, who do you think I'm going to put all of my advertising money behind? Some of you guys have a twisted perspective of things.

And I just noticed how my name was changed to GayLord Fucker on the quote too. Wow!!! OMG DUDE, WTF!!! Now I'm the guy form Meet The Parents!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! Genius!!!! Why are you wasting your time here while the world is so messed up? Plenty of problems only a genius could solve!!!!

As far as songs System of a Down- "Peephole" is a really good song. "On Mercury" by Red Hot Chilli Peppers has an awesome sound. It all really depends on what type of sounds you're into though. Personally, I like well constructed songs. Not something that just seems slapped together.
    test
  9. Dex P. LaMorte

Dex P. LaMorte New Member

try Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, U2 and a laundry list of active, moderately successful christian metal/hard rock bands.

the chains of having a faith-based element in their music really kept them from ever doing anything, didn't it?

do me a favor..

just admit that you're a clueless fucking idiot arguing for the sake of achieving the last word already.
    test
  10. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

R&B is one of the biggest wastes of studio time ever to exist.

It's just people with some corny ass lyrics singing 5 different notes for one syllable words.
    test
  11. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Probably.

Just like there are good rock bands out there right now, but I'll still say the genre is currently shit because I want some of that good on the radio.
    test
  12. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

^ me too, man, me too.
    if there is ever a day when i can hear eric roberson or sufjan stevens on a clear channel station i'll probably die from shock
    test
  13. Gorilla Nasty

If you really want to consider any of them guys rock you fuckin asshole. Anybody who ever held a guitar is now rockin out!!!! Woooo!!! Get the fuck out of here you moron. regardless of what YOU say, Creed has the numbers in album sales, and the content which was seriously lacking around them. So then smart ass, at that time who else was getting spin with songs with religious content? Please tell me.

And I'd really like to know what was mainstream about their first album you dick face. Please tell me what was so mainstream know it all. The fucking album was not mainstream at all. Just so happens that they caught on cause it was actually good music you idiot. I would fuckin bet my soul against a dollar from you that your faggot ass used to even listen to them, if you weren't busy listening to BSB you idiot. But now it's just convenient to deny shit because one hand washes the other.

You're just another self righteous fuckin backpacker I bet. Oblivious to whatever happens unless it's underground. Just so your nerdy ass can hold it over people heads that you were first to discover something nobody cared to look for. Congratulations. Show him what he's won!!! You just keep listening to your whoever you listen to, playing dungeons and dragons. Hoping that you're on to something. Just know that with anything in life, the cream always finds a way to make it to the top. So put that shit in your pipe and smoke it while I stay clueless to whatever garbage you want me to smell.
    test
  14. Gorilla Nasty

moderately successful christian metal/hard rock bands.

Please start naming them off, I happen to be clueless.
    test
  15. merke

merke ...

i feel stupid now. anyone else had their brain struck by this dumbfuck?
    test
  16. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

off the top of my head, P.O.D. & MxPx, I'm not sure if Switchfoot hit it big until later, but them too. oh yeah, vertical horizon had 2 relatively big hits with pretty overtly religious songs, i think that was about a year or so before creed dropped higher
    test
  17. Gorilla Nasty

P.O.D. is the only band that you listed with numbers even in the same ballpark. And I don't even think they are that close between each's heyday. I never even heard of RX. Switchfoot I have, but can't remember the song or care. So how many songs of Creedwould ANYBODY know of? Probably more than those 2 bands combined, only using Creed's first album. Vertical Horizon's hits were NOT as big as Creed's mark my words. None of those bands were ever even as big.

Is it safe to say that Creed helped push the door further open for those guys? Whatever you say, in your head you can't deny that.

Name me one successful religious hard rock band before Creed, I can't think of any.

You guys ain't makin a strong case at all. I'm lookin real good now. Somebody put that in their sig.
    test
  18. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Hey, Creed sucks.

Do you honestly think that Arms wide open was written because some asshole was dumb enough to think that it was a classic that would stand the test of time? Fuck no. They knew that it was going to be something all 11 year old girls would listen to because they like to annoy the world.

Mark Tremonti is decent at best. As far as music goes though, he's just the peanut that isn't as messy as the other peanuts in the pile of shit. He still fucking sucks, and he has sex with men.

now please, for fuck's sake, shut the fuck up about Creed.
    test
  19. Gorilla Nasty

So their first (and best song and number wise) album was aimed at little girls too?
    test
  20. merke

merke ...

you know, creed may suck but so is black sabbath, which i assume you named yourself after. both bands are equally as bad, and surely don't deserve to be discussed about. why are people arguing about crappy rock bands on a rap site is beyond me. there are a afwul lot of forums for shit music, just join them and pointlessly debate who's crappier. no one cares here.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.