Some girls dream..

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

[​IMG]

What's yours?
    test
  2. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

what's the last good book you read? what's your favorite book? and what types of books do you like most?
    test
  3. WWByeye

WWByeye former White widow

-I don`t remember, probably kids book -Bloody Sunday or Eureka street -true stories and history

2 question, 2 get saved fucking fast
    test
  4. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

Whisked away by the captain of the football team.
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Last good books would be Douglas Preston's Codex and Ian Rankin's Tooth and Nail.

I've currently started reading a trilogy regarding trafficking of weapons titled "In the name of the State."

[​IMG]

As far as genres go, I'm always keen on anything classical science fiction/history/crime/tech related. Too many books to choose a fave one, tbh.

Nice choices.

:funny:
    test
  6. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

what language are those books in? russian? are you a polyglot?

how'd you get into that triology?

what's the last book you devoured?
    test
  7. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

i read books that are in english, and picture books.

i can kinda speak some spanish, i know a little bit of body language, i am better at expressing myself through music, but i'm not a polyglot...yet :)

i want to start the three musketeers, the man and the iron mask, and the rest of the books in that series.

the last book i devoured was the old man and the sea, but that doesn't really count because it was relatively short.
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Those are written in Slovenian. Russians still cling to writing in cyrillic. :/ And, yes.

Every Friday I'll stop in a book store on my way home, so that trilogy was the only thing that captured my attention that day.

I've finished Collection of tax laws yesterday...:funny:

The first thing I got schooled in every language is how to cuss a person out. Funny how those are the words that are often most remembered. I've picked on Castellano whilst living in Spain ~ something about them refusing to speak English, but they're still better than Italians.

If you're interested in learning more languages, I'd suggest learning old Latin first, which gives you a solid base to continue.

Alexandre Dumas >>>

Every book read counts. :)
    test
  9. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

polyglot lucky. how many languages do you know? and how do you know how to read them? can you fully comprehend them, where it's like reading your native language? and how in the world do you read that cyrillic? what in the?

collection of tax laws? what are taxes? i don't understand them at all. i think only the rich people do. and that's why they're rich.

learning cuss words is a great place to start. you're either going to piss them off or get a good laugh, that makes for pretty good stories.

i taught my best friend who was vietnamese how to cuss in english in the third grade. he taught me how to cuss in vietnamese too.

what do you mean, what's up with the italians?

where do you go to learn old latin? they don't offer those classes at the schools i've been to. i thought that was for the super elite for their prep schools and what not.

I've read good things about Dumas.
    test
  10. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Had Latin, English and German in elementary school, added French and Italian in high school, and since the country I reside in, used to be a part of Yugoslavia and even after it fell apart, there's still a lot of people from Croatia and Serbia still living here, so naturally knowing their languages was a must, too. Besides, Serbian language is the closest one to Russian ~ both use Cyrillic alphabet, both have similarities and it's not a bad investment knowing it. Know enough to speak fluently. :)

Taxes are the country's way of saying "I'm always hungry, feed me!" And with all the rules and regulations of those neatly written down and compiled, it's easier to find loop holes and deficiencies of the latter.

True, but as much as possible I'll abstain from cussing. :scared:

Idk, Italians are one of those people who are traditionally opposed to speaking English. Especially when they see "tourists".

Perhaps there's a course on Latin you can take at a language school in your area?
    test
  11. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

My closet would be like the one in 'The Chronicles of Narnia, only it would take me anywhere I dreamed to go. In other words, my biggest dream is to see the world, photograph it, find my peace.
    test
  12. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

I'd suggest starting with Galapagos.
    test
  13. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

So many places, so little time. I'm interested in Ireland/Scotland/England for the shorelines and castles, Tropics for waterfalls and isolated areas.....

I need to win the lotto though or I'll never get out of my own province, lol
    test
  14. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

none of Dumas's books are at my school's library...there aren't any at the little bookstore near where I stay either.

the Lion, the Witch and the Warddrobe is a dope ass book. i gotta read the whole series. that was the first book i read from it, but it's not the first one. but someone told me today that the movie jumper was based on a book series. that sounds too cool.

i wanna read some other classics. like the illiad, and that gilgamesh book which is supposed to be what the illiad was actually patterned after.

i figure that bentleys and lambos and cars like that are actually flying cars. or that they're capable of teleporting. the manufacturers don't tell everyone, otherwise people really would be trying to seriously hurt each other to get those cars. i think i would consider becoming significantly more violent if that were in fact the case.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.