So, who's in a position where they can live off their production?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Keys N Bass, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sho-Down

Sho-Down RockItPro.com

nice shit man

I'm tryin to peep your beats but the player isn't working right now. What type of tag do you use? Just a quick tag at the front or one throughout the entire beat?

I've been on the fence about tagging my shit, I need to test it out and see how it affects sales and site hits
    test
  2. ni6apinoflavord

ni6apinoflavord aka beatboss

[​IMG]
    test
  3. Auditory

Auditory New Member

www.auditorybeats.com i use like a 7 second tag and run it every 8 bars. put it at the end and begining of the 8 bar sets so its harder to cut out
    test
  4. FMinor

FMinor New Member

Auditory, do most of your buyers find you from soundclick, or auditorybeats.com?
    test
  5. Sho-Down

Sho-Down RockItPro.com

Listenin now, I'd probably put one on the intro and outro only, I'm wondering if just 2 tags on each beat would have any affect at all on sales tho? Like if it's either tag the whole beat or don't tag at all.

loll @ ni6apinoflavord, u ballin homie
    test
  6. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

True That Pimp but Its my duty to keep my head up and keep pumping out my shyt...Regardless...Anybody that made it in the game says the road is tough than a motherfucker....Its not easy...especially these days...Ya feel me....Dont let people distract yo grind....Nobody...

I notice through out life that the more you fuck with something the better you get at it....so thats why when Im off on my weekends I fuck with my Beats till 5am in the morning...

If a Nigga Really wants anything he gonna find a way to get it no matter what it is...if you a Real Nigga...B.K.
    test
  7. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

test
  8. Auditory

Auditory New Member

tags increase your sales but decrease plays. no tags decrease sales but increase plays. But tags really doesn't even decrease plays much, i've been in the top 5 on soundclick multiple occasions with tagged beats so it really doesn't make that much of a difference. Just please charge more then $30, u def not gonna make more then $1,500 a month with $30 beats...and i guarantee most the people who are willing to pay $30 are willing to pay $70.
    test
  9. TheProducer

TheProducer New Member

Im in the position to eat off my beats but not live (pay rent / bills etc...) :-\

[​IMG]
    WWW.STARTERBEATZ.COM
    test
  10. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

test
  11. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

test
  12. FMinor

FMinor New Member

I read what your originally wrote lol.

You better put that shit back up, or I'll post the screenshot.

We can do this the easy way or the hard way, nigga.
    test
  13. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

LMAOOOO ?

This guy
    test
  14. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

finish your beats, man. quit bein lazy. lol
    test
  15. Keys N Bass

Keys N Bass CREATIVE GFX

nah my nigga this is where you're getting the game fucked up

when you switch gears and start doing this to earn money, it's not about making a $10 that before you were doing for free

it's about getting a return on the time you put in

no one wants to work for 3 weeks (on a beat) and take home $50.. that's pointless, especially if you're seriously tryna approach this from a business mindset..

you're looking for that quick turnover, which in turns reflects on you as an artist and whether you've the skill to produce a quality product in a TIMELY fashion..

it's not about your starving artists staying hungry..
    test
  16. Keys N Bass

Keys N Bass CREATIVE GFX

auditory looks like one of the few who knows what they're doing in here..
    test
  17. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

DA FUCK?

Nigga you been watching to much MTV Cribs or some shit.

Wake up!

1. Who the fuck takes 3 weeks to make a beat?

It takes me 1-2 hours to make a beat. 45 minutes
    to make a knockoff real quick to lease online for $20.

So lets say it takes me 2 hours to make a beat.

I then put that beat online and lease it for $20.

That means you made $10 per hour.

Then lets say you lease that particular beat
    5 times this month.

You made $120 for 2 hours of work. That 2 hours of work
    has to potential to pay you over and over again.

But that's wrong in your eyes right? You're not a SERIOUS
    producer if you do that.

No it makes much more sense to save my beats for that
    BIG BREAK I've been waiting for... for 4 years now. OH ITS COMING.

But wait.. my time is SO valuable that I will then trade one hour
    for $10-$15 working on a 9-5. And that one hour of your
    life won't pay you 5 times this month like the 1 hour I spent on the beat.

No I then have to work another hour to make $10-$15. Over and over
    again.

Does that honestly make any kind of sense whatsoever to you?

Some of you need to open your eyes and wake the hell up.

15 years ago did artist think they would be selling their HARD
    WORKED ON SONGS as $1.99 ringtones?

No... But the ones who adjusted like young Joc, made 6 million
    off of one song. More money than he could ever make selling his
    $18.99 album.

Things are changing, new channels are opening. Selling beats on
    the internet for $20 is a GOOD thing.

There are over 100 producers on this site. All 100 of us aint going
    to make it big. Realistically if 5 make it big we are doing extremely
    well.

What about the other 95?

Take advantage of the opportunity the internet has given producers
    and quit trying to knock shit.

Cuz the ones that don't see opportunity are the ones that stay broke.

-postman
    test
  18. WareProductions

WareProductions Take That

Auditory and Rock it, Sindustry...whats good wit ya...i havent seen sindustry or sho around in a min

I think tags are pointless imo...rappers can get a low budget producer to replay all your shit...for alot cheaper...so regardless of whether or not you got a tag, someone can still jack the shit out of you...theres ways around them copyrights too...im not sayin yall are wrong in your thinkin, but more tryin to see how your gettin around that
    test
  19. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

maybe 5-10 = 500$ thats 100$/hr

ur sick if u dont want that
    test
  20. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

This whole Leasing beats thing.. Its cool.. Its entrepeneurial.. It resonates on a small business scale.. and I'm going to start getting into it more.. for a while I had a deal of 12 beats for $100 demo license only.. I never allowed a commercial license because I felt like that betrayed my exclusive ownership and nonexclusive ownership clients who are paying real cheese for their tracks. I think thats why a lot of them stay loyal to me for 5+ years. I think I'm going to start an independent website where clients can license from a license-only catalogue of music online. This way, my big-spending clients will not be confused with the smaller fish. It can become hazardous when you have big spending clients and local clients researching your name and they see that you're whoring yourself out for cheap prices. It seems to lessen the value of what you bring to the table. Its a good idea to disassociate onself from leasing beats, keep it generic. dont let it become associated with your name brand. In conclusion, it seems to me that the most effective way to run a leasing beats company is to create a generic website for it, create traffic and generate buzz, and maintain a license-only catalogue of music for clients to select from. Furthermore, keep it all automated and instant. The more beats, the better. I wonder what would happen if an elite group of 20 producers got together and donated 100 beats each to a license-only pool. I wonder if the profits would justify the time.

My online hustle consists mainly of selling exclusive ownership to tracks to a handful of elite clients. I make about $3-$4 grand a month doing this online. But my offline hustle is what allows me to live off of my production and support a comfortable lifestyle in Los Angeles. WHen I used to live in ATL, the internet production paid for everything. Rent was $650 for a 3 bedroom house with a big ass yard. Now rent is $2 grand for a 2 bed+2bath + loft.

The offline hustle is securing local clientel in the streets or in the suites. This is how you really penetrate the game. It takes people skills to do this. I have built a company with a team of great businessmen where we all are contributing partners. I have a partner who specializes in meeting connects and closing deals. He and I generate a large profit for our company by providing a one-stop shop of services to our clients. We can produce and mix your record to the highest level of quality, ready to be on the radio or in the club. We have the network to get discounts on mastering. We provide consulting. We provide project oversight. We ensure your shit will be up to the level and we show you how to brand and market your product. And we get paid to do this. Up front. Because people are willing to pay for the know-how and for the ingredient to success. There are so many wealthy entrepeneurs responding to the challenging call of the music business. They need US. We had the passion to master our craft. I know I earned my PhD in production.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.