So, who's in a position where they can live off their production?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Keys N Bass, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I-ki

I-ki New Member

That is not a good idea... lol... leasing beats is not long term... dont buy into the hype... believe me when I tell you this, none of these producers here make a steady income off of leasing beats no matter who is telling you or showing you "proof". You will be setting yourself up.....

Thats why you should ALWAYS have a job even if you make some money leasing because success in music will never be a sure thing for anybody. If you tired of your job, find something else that pays more money even if you have to go to school.
    test
  2. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

so i guess if the majority of net producers go even lower than $25-$30 such as this bullshit for $4.99 leases

http://onebeatsource.com/

everyone else will too

I remember when $50 was a good deal to artists for leasing
    test
  3. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

Don't listen to anyone trying to negativity. Especially people who
    don't have any websites or anything. They are clowns who still
    live with their mothers who come on here just to talk shit (IKI)

I wouldn't advise anyone to quit their job off leasing beats. Instead I'd add that
    to my income if I were you.

I'll probably end up at around $1400-$1500 this week
    off leasing $20 beats.

Here is a screenshot of what I made yesterday and today.

(Keep in mind it's only 6:31am). I'll probably end at around 10
    sales for today.

Most of these guys talking shit are going to go back to their 9-5
    and make $4-$500 working 8 hours a day. I make 3 times that
    on AUTOPILOT.

Truth is all my time is focused on the relaunch of liveoffbeats.com
    so I'm not even going hard with my beats right now. If I did
    I could easily be making $3gs this week.

Don't listen to the bullshitters. Listen to people who know what
    their talking about (ME)

[​IMG]

This is my last post in this thread. The REAL people will obviously
    see the people who know what their talking about in this thread
    and the ones who are just people who live in their mothers basement
    talking shit.

Good luck to you all and do what's right for YOU.

Don't listen to ANYBODY.

If I did I still would be working a 9-5 making bullshit ass money working
    harder than a mufucka.

Whether you're going for the placements (Urb Tactics)

or Doing ya thang leasing online... just be true to YOURSELF and...

Follow your dreams,
    Postman
    test
  4. I-ki

I-ki New Member

LoL, wow @ this dude.....

I really dont need to get into what i do.... but trust, your little $200 a day scamming people on the net with your little promotional "get rich" sites is miniscule to what I make.... once you have actual assets that profits more than what you make a week then you can come and school me in this business/internet shit... until then, *points and laughs at you* ...
    test
  5. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

In many ways what you are doing in these threads is worse....It's strictly a hater move to try to knock someone else's hustle, then claim someone is lying about their business and strategies, and then further proceed to claim that you are making more money than them. If you make more money, thats great, but if you aren't about educating people in what it is you are doing, then you are simply running your mouth aimlessly with no purpose other than to try to hate. Its very easy to regurgitate ideas that you have read in a few books in regards to finance, business, marketing, real estate etc. The obvious way to confirm things is through visibility. If you are a true business man and hustler, people know your face, your name, and your business, because you make an effort to get out there and make things happen. As I stated earlier, at least be constructive if you want to have a real conversation about the idea of living off production, or another business. Maybe if you are such a success you can profit off selling your story of success to others, in the same fashion that many other business and marketing gurus do. Just my thoughts at least, keep it constructive.
    test
  6. Keys N Bass

Keys N Bass CREATIVE GFX

WOW i can smell the hatred from over here

relax, there's enough money out there for us all..
    test
  7. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

i-ki aint nothin but a broke college student that lives in canada
    test
  8. I-ki

I-ki New Member

*yawns*
    test
  9. kojo

kojo New Member

well as someone with a degree and a 9-5 (well just got laid off 2 weeks ago) I'll say this:

every person and their circumstances are different so what works for you may not work for me. that being said, if you are doing a 9-5 or a solo hustle it's probably best to do it in something that complements this music thing...rappers/producers smartened up real quick about the reality/slowness of music money and adapted:
    T.I flips low-income houses, Cool n Dre are part owners of a cafe, Swizz got the Kid Robot store, akinyele makes stripper DVDs, etc...

none of you fellas wanna do that? fine, if youre that dope of a musician then you shouldnt have a problem finding people to teach for a fee...
    test
  10. Auditory

Auditory New Member

what is your beat site postman? also, do you make sites or do u got a site technician? I had a site but i had someone else working on it and it was pain in the ass getting him to change every little thing cuz i dont fuck with making sites. seems like a lot of this shit would be a lot easier if u had the time and patience to make ur own site. i dont like fucking with that type of shit
    test
  11. SindustryII

SindustryII New Member

I can't live off my earnings (got a wife and three kids to support!)....but I make enough to make my house payment with music.
    test
  12. Keys N Bass

Keys N Bass CREATIVE GFX

okay, and who might you be?
    test
  13. Hitman J

this the real sindustry or alias?
    test
  14. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

Do we have to ask...
    test
  15. SindustryII

SindustryII New Member

Whats up Hitman. I guess I'm the real deal.....haven't been around in so long I couldn't remember my login password or even the email I used to sign on to retrieve my password! Anyway....I'm trying to refocus this year and start collaborating and networking with some producers and others with talent in all areas.

I'm trying to figure out this online market again and get my game plan down as well as continuing hammering the offline market. I want to get some new brokers working for me and hopefully break into some new markets this year, maybe work with some artists...who knows. I recently moved and am in the process of building a pro-level home studio. Just trying to make the work space all business and stay focused. Anyway....I'll be around...hell, I even got a myspace now.

http://www.myspace.com/sindustryproductions
    test
  16. Sho-Down

Sho-Down RockItPro.com

Auditory, I don't see how you makin that much homie unless you doin it offline? I've never seen any of your ads or promotions anywhere. You still promote hard on soundclick?

I dropped my shit to $30 a Lease, I said I never would but fuck it, the net game been fucked up for a couple years now, you CAN'T beat these dudes chargin 10-20 a beat because they just keep popping up every fucking week. Dudes using bots and shit now man lol, myspace hacks, holding the soundclick charts down, shit's changed a lot.

I hadn't updated my site in almost a year, beat sales dropped, sign ups slowed down after about 1700 members, so I figured it was time for a change. Opened up the new site earlier this week, no membership shit, beats $30 a Lease from my old 100-150 price, cart system, easy checkout, digital downloads after they buy, shit is much easier and cleaner.

And so far I'm not seeing the downside to the lower prices, leased 8 beats today, leased a couple yesterday along with 3 drum kits sales, leased some earlier this week too.

I do miss gettin that 12dailypro money tho lol

[​IMG]
    test
  17. Louis Bigger

Louis Bigger New Member

^yo Nate you still workin with Irv Gotti and Murder Inc?
    test
  18. Sho-Down

Sho-Down RockItPro.com

Nah not really, I still talk to my NY dude every now and then but I've just been MIA for a while from this music shit. Irv bringin my name up in meetings and shit and I dont even give a fuck lol, I just haven't taken this shit serious at all, but I'm tryin to change that in '08.
    test
  19. Hitman J

thats whats up ... ^ stay on the grind... and thats whats up @ sindustry to... gotta get it

man these people seriously fuckin up the game for real though, makin this shit seem like a joke

and like i was tellin someone awhile back about this... it seems like its getting easier for even rookies to come out makin heat because everything is being handed to them, drums already mixed, layered and eq'ed perfectly and all kind of other shit and its really fuckin the game up, the reason because is its almost elementary shit now where almost anyone can make a tight beat and they get saturated with the real producers...

fuck em though! even though that shit does piss me off... people are actually leasing beats for $4.99 and giving them out royalty free, wtf is really going on...
    test
  20. Auditory

Auditory New Member

My net grind is on and off. But that 1,500-3,500 i was reffering to is internet only. offline is a whole other story. thats a current pic of e-mail. I get about 7-10 e-mails a day, most all regarding leases. I charge $60-$150 a lease. Of those 7-10 e-mails a day 2-4 actually buy something. but 2-4 leases a day for $60-$150 a lease aint bad. Im telling you man if ur shit is hot they will pay $75 or whatever. Especially if it's tagged because they know less people have it. In january i held the number 2 spot on sound click for a couple days with a tagged beat. I bet u im making more tagging my shit then all these cats putting up untagged shit...

[​IMG]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.